• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 19th of May 2020

Good morning! It’s time for the achievements dev diary. Typically we write this one the week before the patch notes dev diary (don’t worry, that’s coming soon too), but we’re uploading these achievements to the Steam backend very soon and we want to get ahead of that.

Without further ado, here are the achievements coming with the 1.30 update:

achievement_mary_of_lotharingia.png

Mary of Lotharingia - Starting as Burgundy, form Lotharingia and have a female ruler named Marie.

achievement_on_the_rhodes_again.png

On the Rhodes Again - Starting as The Knights, conquer and core Constantinople, Jerusalem and Antioch.

achievement_spaghetti_western.png

Spaghetti Western - Starting as Bologna, become Mexico or Texas.

achievement_stern_des_sudens.png

Stern des Südens - Form Bavaria starting as München and have your Subject Bremen own Werder.
Shoutout to @mikesc for this one!

achievement_stiff_upper_lippe.png

Stiff Upper Lippe - As Lippe, own all of the British Isles.

achievement_czechs_and_balances.png

Czechs and Balances - Starting as Bohemia, grant at least two privileges to each estate while having at least 50% Crown Land.

achievement_dont_be_cilli.png

Don’t be Cilli - Starting as Cilli, form another nation.

achievement_holiest_roman_empire.png

Holiest Roman Empire - As either the Papal States or the Emperor, have the Papal States as an Elector while the HRE is officially Catholic.

achievement_inner_turmoil.png

Inner Turmoil - Starting as The Isles, own 20 provinces by 1500, none of which are on Islands.

achievement_kingdom_of_god.png

Kingdom of God - Starting as the Papal State, become the Kingdom of God.
Shoutout to our very own @Duplo who posed for this image. Certainly a dashing figure.

The following achievements are exclusive to owners of the Emperor DLC:

achievement_everythings_coming_up_mulhouse.png

Everything's Coming Up Mulhouse - Starting as Mulhouse, become Emperor of the HRE and completely decentralize the Empire.

achievement_god_tier.png

God Tier - Become a Tier 5 Defender of the Faith as a nation that is neither Catholic nor Sunni.

achievement_napoleons_ambition.png

Napoleon’s Ambition - As Revolutionary France, spread the Revolution to 10 countries.

achievement_aeiou.png

AEIOU - Complete the Austrian mission tree.

achievement_global_hegemony.png

Global Hegemony - Reach 100% Strength as any type of Hegemon.

This brings our total number of achievements to a massive 310. As always we’ve tried to include a mix of difficulty levels and a variety of goals. Personally I think I’ll start with Kingdom of God to get the most out of the new Catholic features, and of course to see “Kingdom of God” printed across the map.

That’s all for today! Join me next week for the final content-focused dev diary that was promised last week. As I’m sure you’ve heard, the Emperor expansion and the free 1.30 update will release on June the 9th. You can pre-purchase Emperor on Steam, or even right here on Paradoxplaza.

• 84Like
  • 3Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
something that bothered me in my emperor of mann run last year, does arguin and that one province in namibia count as islands then?
Arguin and Ezorongondo(the one in Namibia) don't count as islands by either definition even though you can't walk to them. I'll add that to the wiki

I play a lot ofachievment runs, and achievment inspires me to do many of the runs I have done, that said I don't only play for achievments and I replay my favourite multiple time even after getting all achievments (such as sweden, brandenburg, mewar) but I sometiems loose focus if I don't have an achievment to play for like in my latest PLC game.
However sometimes I really dislike the more gamey achievments like the wlesh or asturias achievment in RB and GC respectively

Tags/areas I'm disappointed didn't get an achievment are for example:
Bavarian duchies/wittelsbach lands (never played them, looked nice with their shiny new mission tree, but whats the motivation now) forgot they did add one
Lübeck/hansa (there is the bunte kuh achievment but that's just hamburg)
Brunswick/hannover/welf lands (two achievments in northwest germany, btu the gamey 'a stiff upper lippe' is garbage because it's easy to cheat when you release tags. Dithmarschen achievment is great though and I done it two times)
Anhalt/askanien achievment (because glory to the old askanier)

One achievment for mulhousen but nothing for the swabia formable is acceptable but would have liked something more.

Also no achievment for uniting franconia tag
No achievments for prince-electors or any theocracy, no achievment for the reformed fate

Last edited:
Reactions:
According to me it should be the changelog so it may be long .....
It's most likely going to be about the art and music. Changelog will most likely come next week.

Reactions:
It's most likely going to be about the art and music. Changelog will most likely come next week.
That’s all for today! Join me next week for the final content-focused dev diary that was promised last week. As I’m sure you’ve heard, the Emperor expansion and the free 1.30 update will release on June the 9th.
Content diary for today, artwork will be featured next week, the changelog will be revealed on the Release day.

Edit: Guess I was wrong, no artwork but patch notes next week.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I know I'm super late in this thread, forgive me for resurrecting it, as it is the appropriate place for my question/comment. I'm really not one to critique or say anything at all, I love playing PDX games thanks for your hard work!

With the pleasantries out of the way, it's odd that you guys didn't include any achievements that represent the ultimate combo breaker in Hapsburg succession of Karl Albrecht of Bavaria becoming Emperor(Charles VII) Additionally, no love for Francis I husband of Maria Theresa and Holy Roman Emperor as well? It's through him that that House Hapsburg-Lorraine began. I was sure that Bavarian Emperor achievement with some grandiose add-ons would show up. Though Francis I admittedly is a bit trickier due to him being the Grand Duke of Tuscany while he was Holy Roman Emperor, trading his inheritance for the Italian realm.

Lastly, as I'm probably one of the few people who plays in later starts, Francis the Grand Duke doesn't have a consort, and Maria Theresa's husband and the Grand Duke have different stats despite being the same person.

Last edited:
Reactions: