• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess even IF the region limit was gone then still afaik the last version of Inferis' tool won't allow compiling maps with more provinces. Region limit was as much hardcoded there as in the maps.
Is Inferis still even around on the fora btw?

Bleh, I do not remember that making screenies from photoshop was so hard :p. Anyhow, after a few failed attempts I managed to make those 2 showable:

watk4hrr.jpg

Germany as the most obvious example of using discontinuous provinces (colours should make clear which parts are under the same ID). Essentially designed in 2007 already, then resized down for the eu3-map, and here reused with some changes (like inclusion of provinces for new countries in eu3) for watk4. I'm showing this already to turn off those who really don't like going crazy on detail or oppose dividing provinces - be aware of what you'll get ;). However, this has been done much less outside HRE and nearly not outside Europe.
An early version of this was already previewed 2 years ago.
Note another 'heresy' against my previous beliefs: names using non-standard letters ;). Whether the naming will stay this way, or I'll remove name labels completely is still to be decided btw.

watk4aust.jpg

Australia, which was the first continent I ever designed for watk, required imo a serious upgrade. I wanted to connect the parts divided by PTI, which was kind of ridiculous, and merge some smaller inland provinces. I eventually included more territory (area settled till 1860 or so) but with addition of just 2 provinces or so.

Next week I'll try to put up something from Asia. Map work during the weekend is off-limits :p.

Bleh, I do not remember that making screenies from photoshop was so hard :p. Anyhow, after a few failed attempts I managed to make those 2 showable:

watk4hrr.jpg
The only important strategic thing I would fix on that map is “Ticino”: I would connect it to Tirol to simulate historical importance of Valtelline valley as a pass from Spanish Habsburgs Lombardia to Austrian dominions. Perhaps it would provoke more conflicts for it around as historically.

Note another 'heresy' against my previous beliefs: names using non-standard letters ;). Whether the naming will stay this way, or I'll remove name labels completely is still to be decided btw.
Oh, better leave all the good nice umlauts etc!:D

The only important strategic thing I would fix on that map is “Ticino”: I would connect it to Tirol to simulate historical importance of Valtelline valley as a pass from Spanish Habsburgs Lombardia to Austrian dominions. Perhaps it would provoke more conflicts for it around as historically.
Hmm, indeed, these 2 ought to be historically connected, an oversight of mine ;). Will be fixed before release.

I'm showing this already to turn off those who really don't like going crazy on detail or oppose dividing provinces - be aware of what you'll get ;)

Apparently we'll get another MyMap. :p I feel turned off now. :eek:

Pshh, my projection looks better than the one used on mymap ;). Also, did mymap have divided provinces then? I checked it once or twice but didn't find any myself :confused:

Haha Metz will be a hell to defend ! :D

Indeed. Looks like you can move from Champagne through Metz to Baden as a shortcut and save heaps of travelling time.

Last edited:
Indeed. Looks like you can move from Champagne through Metz to Baden as a shortcut and save heaps of travelling time.

But that could be told of many not divided provinces as well. Travel from Liege to Franche Comte will be definitely faster through Champagne than through Luxemburg/Lorraine, while one could assume the travel distance is the same ;). Travelling through Metz will save 1 province, I don't cal hat 'heaps of time' really...

I added Pilten as divided province too btw ;)

Please Kasperus may post a few more pics ? :)

I wonder what kind of Magic you will cast upon us with Italian States....:wacko:

Best regards

4 previews this week, 2 for Europe, 2 for Asia.

watk4nipp.jpg

I've never been a fan of dividing Japan into multiple countries a la agceep. In any case not until I saw it working quite nicely on mymap. Still I'm far from sure that I will include such a split-up, but in any case I tried to include more provinces capable of making Japan more interesting for those who do want it divided up, based as much as I could on 15th/16th century maps, upping it from 13 to 22 provs. Of course I could not pass on the possibility to enable some Dutch imperialism through Deshima. ;)

watk4papu.jpg

Eastern Indonesia and Papua is mostly similar to watk3, although I axed southern part of New Guinea which, well, is mostly uninhabited even today. Instead I thought Biaks might be more interesting. Also Solor will be colonizable. I made also a little effort to get more 'historic-native' names for a number of provinces.

Europe was not on the menu for this week, but I'll include 2 more precise previews here as well.

watk4ital.jpg

Not a lot of magic in Italy I believe ;). Mostly the setup I used in eu3-map. Only additions of Monferrat and some splits in south Italy. Otoh a merged Sicily for now. Following the popular trend on including Avignon, but I saw no point in inclusion of Lucca (nor could I due to region limit anyway)

watk4lita.jpg

Lithuania, here region limit hurt me the most, so for now no more provinces here, although that might change in the end. In the meantime Herr Doctor is free to suggest on a better setup here but without the addition of 8 more provinces. Most changes done here are for the Baltic region and Russia, again mostly based on my eu3 work, although I also failed in including 4 Upper Oka principalities on this map (1 will have to do) ;). Polish setup remains a bit uncertain as I changed it quite a few times, not able to make up my mind whether I will re-include the partitions borderchanges a la watk3 or not (makes no difference for the number of provinces here).