• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The invading Incas would have to come later searching for another 'secret weapon': the Aztecs defeated them using their newly-imported horses, but they wouldn't stand a chance against gunpowder-Incas on elephants. Polynesians would suit it better, fleeing the Incan menace.

I still think that it should be the Japanese wanting to take revenge on the Mongolians for invading them (well, trying to).
Partially biased since I want Japanese in my game.
It would also mean that less resources needs to be dedicated towards making it happen since they can more or less copy stuff from Sengoku.

I still think that it should be the Japanese wanting to take revenge on the Mongolians for invading them (well, trying to).
Partially biased since I want Japanese in my game.
It would also mean that less resources needs to be dedicated towards making it happen since they can more or less copy stuff from Sengoku.

Or perhaps it would be the Kamakura Shogunate fleeing an Incan invasion of Japan?

Brainstorming is fun.

The Invasions in the east are still there... They are still mostly outmap. They would stop if they add China. Then China need a invasion in the east

Well those invasions are now in the "center" and the Seljuks and Timurids i believe are actually on map.

How about Prester John? It was a fabulously wealthy and powerful (and mythical) Christian kingdom thought by Europeans at the time to be somewhere in "Tibet" (Tibet/Southern China/Bengal/Southeast Asia). When Europe was being threatened by the Mongols, a group of monks fabricated a letter from Prester John to the kings of Europe promising solidarity and aid (I guess it was a sort of morale-boosting exercise). Marco Polo even wrote a description of a battle between Prester John and the Mongols (though he had the Mongols win). So if we're throwing history out of the window, that's a prime candidate.

How about Prester John? It was a fabulously wealthy and powerful (and mythical) Christian kingdom thought by Europeans at the time to be somewhere in "Tibet" (Tibet/Southern China/Bengal/Southeast Asia). When Europe was being threatened by the Mongols, a group of monks fabricated a letter from Prester John to the kings of Europe promising solidarity and aid (I guess it was a sort of morale-boosting exercise). Marco Polo even wrote a description of a battle between Prester John and the Mongols (though he had the Mongols win). So if we're throwing history out of the window, that's a prime candidate.

I was always under the assumption that Prester John was Abyssinia in particular and any Eastern Christian in general.

I was always under the assumption that Prester John was Abyssinia in particular and any Eastern Christian in general.

Prestor John was generally thought to be from "India". However, "India" was a somewhat nebulous term at the time that could apply to a whole swathe of territory generally to the east of Europe. At different times, the kingdom of Prestor John was said to be in India proper (according to the modern definition), somewhere in the way of the Mongols, and, yes, Ethiopia. Personally, I like the Ethiopia connection, given that it was a Christian kingdom, claimed to house the Ark of the Covenant, and the royal family claimed descent from the Biblical King Solomon.

Prestor John was generally thought to be from "India". However, "India" was a somewhat nebulous term at the time that could apply to a whole swathe of territory generally to the east of Europe. At different times, the kingdom of Prestor John was said to be in India proper (according to the modern definition), somewhere in the way of the Mongols, and, yes, Ethiopia. Personally, I like the Ethiopia connection, given that it was a Christian kingdom, claimed to house the Ark of the Covenant, and the royal family claimed descent from the Biblical King Solomon.

They still claim to have the Ark and the royal house still exists and therefore claims descent from Solomon (damn communists).

Or perhaps it would be the Kamakura Shogunate fleeing an Incan invasion of Japan?

Brainstorming is fun.

Or zombie Nazis from Mars? 90s movies on YouTube are fun.

I've never heard of Prester John being in Africa. If it were, it would make no sense for Europe to hope for it's support against the Mongols. Anyway, I think it would be cool, another Christian power saving Europe by hitting the Mongols in the rear. It could also hit India now, as could the Mongols.

I've never heard of Prester John being in Africa. If it were, it would make no sense for Europe to hope for it's support against the Mongols. Anyway, I think it would be cool, another Christian power saving Europe by hitting the Mongols in the rear. It could also hit India now, as could the Mongols.

Prester John lived wherever the hope of the people who wanted him to exist needed him to be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prester_John#Ethiopia

How about a walrus invasion? They land in finnmark with walrus infantry, polar bear cavalry and orca ship transports. That'll give the norse and suo some fun fighting.

How about a walrus invasion? They land in finnmark with walrus infantry, polar bear cavalry and orca ship transports. That'll give the norse and suo some fun fighting.

One thing I never knew I needed...

But it wouldn't be a fair fight now would it? We Swedes eat that could of stuff for dinner.

[video=youtube;SDDcEatkkfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDDcEatkkfw[/video]

I thought Aztec invasion was bullshit, but now Putin told me that in Crimea 6000 soldiers strong militia with military-grade training, heavily armed and equipped with vehicles, complete with command chain and perfectly matching uniforms just materialized out of thin air. Which explains how a pretender in a backwards kingdom can put together an army of opportunists and adventurers ready to take on the whole military of the Byzantines too. CK2 is 100 % realistic.

I think The Mongol just vassalised them...perhaps?
The Mongols destroyed China piece by piece.

Prior to Mongol rule, China was divided between the Xi-Xia (Tangut), Jin (Jurchen) and Song (Han Chinese) dynasties. The Xi-Xia inhabited north-central China,and the Jin ruled the north-eastern area around what is now Beijing, along with modern Inner Mongolia and Manchuria. The Song Empire extended across all of southern China.

Genghis Khan went to war first with the Xi-Xia, subjugating them, and then began a long series of raids and invasions against the Jin, whittling them down and seizing their territory. The Xi-Xia did not remain loyal for long, and after Genghis Khan's western campaign he returned to annihilate them completely. Genghis Khan also resumed hostilities with the Jin, intent on conquering them, but he died (or was killed) before he could complete this.

Ogedei, probably the most effective of Genghis Khan's successors, destroyed the Jin dynasty just a few years after his ascension. He began warfare against the Jin's allies in Song China, but could not really gain much of an advantage against the country due to its difficult terrain, large population and army, and very strong fortifications. Ogedei's main focus was in the west, not in China.

Guyuk only ruled for two years and didn't do much conquering.

Mongke resumed the long war against the Song dynasty, and continued fighting across southern China for the rest of his life. Mongke would be the last ruler of the united Mongol Empire.

Kublai completed the Mongol conquest of China, destroying the Song Dynasty. However, the Mongol Empire split due to Kublai's controversial succession, with Kublai 'only' controlling China and Mongolia. Kublai's portion of the Mongol world became increasingly Sinicised, and Kublai turned it into the Yuan Dynasty, something that more conservative Mongols took great offence at.

[...] 6000 soldiers strong militia with military-grade training, heavily armed and equipped with vehicles, complete with command chain and perfectly matching uniforms just materialized out of thin air. Which explains how a pretender in a backwards kingdom can put together an army of opportunists and adventurers ready to take on the whole military of the Byzantines too. CK2 is 100 % realistic.

The most unrealistic thing about the game is that it creates the expectation that you hear about events hundreds or even thousands of miles away the moment they happen. Of course the rebels didn’t tell you they were scraping up an army before they attacked. Realistically, you would be getting a message about how an army had attacked days earlier, when it was written, and it would not include up-to-date, fully-reliable reports on the exact size and location of the army and the skills of its leaders. If, like the Mongols, you were very modern and prepared, you might have set up a pony express that could tell you what happened in the far reaches of your continent-spanning empire last month.

The most unrealistic thing about the game is that it creates the expectation that you hear about events hundreds or even thousands of miles away the moment they happen. Of course the rebels didn’t tell you they were scraping up an army before they attacked. Realistically, you would be getting a message about how an army had attacked days earlier, when it was written, and it would not include up-to-date, fully-reliable reports on the exact size and location of the army and the skills of its leaders. If, like the Mongols, you were very modern and prepared, you might have set up a pony express that could tell you what happened in the far reaches of your continent-spanning empire last month.
This is why I'm sad there isn't some kind of Terra Incognita system, there's no way someone in Bengal would even know Iceland existed let alone be able to see who ruled it. I know there will be diplomatic range but you can still check what's happening on the other side of the map and use it to your advantage.

But as to the invasions, Prestor John is an awesome idea.