• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm worried about the amount of developers in this thread. Obviously this means they're up to something and therefore, Japanese nazi warlus secret bear martian invasion from Atlantis is confirmed!

Yes.

Take the in-development TLA mod and make it a DLC, I'm sure history buffs won't mind.
Since i'm working on that I'll see if the other guys wanna make a firenation invasion mod too :p

I called this too, that if the engine couldn't handle a great big china expansion which would be a lot of work anyway, an invasion into for example tibet with a few provinces there would be about the second best option. However crusader Mings! For a laugh if its not a serious expansion, made me laugh. If it is a more serious expansion, a modelled system of government for the chinese would be work but fun to play.

I also don't see why people can't just turn it off even if they added a proper china map expansion at any point in the future. Of course if China did get a foothold then Japan should invade them, or that could be the ending events to their doomstacks. If they put this in then modders have chinese portraits, music and units to work with too, which would be a bonus.

I still think that it should be the Japanese wanting to take revenge on the Mongolians for invading them (well, trying to).
Partially biased since I want Japanese in my game.
It would also mean that less resources needs to be dedicated towards making it happen since they can more or less copy stuff from Sengoku.

This is smart :) and invading the invaders has a nice ring to it. - Maybe the player can start the game as one such Japanese invader.

I also don't see why people can't just turn it off even if they added a proper china map expansion at any point in the future. Of course if China did get a foothold then Japan should invade them, or that could be the ending events to their doomstacks. If they put this in then modders have chinese portraits, music and units to work with too, which would be a bonus.

Map expansion dlc are tricky because the map expansion is in the patches not the dlc so you can't turn it off without forgoing future expansions and patches.

This is why I'm sad there isn't some kind of Terra Incognita system, there's no way someone in Bengal would even know Iceland existed let alone be able to see who ruled it. I know there will be diplomatic range but you can still check what's happening on the other side of the map and use it to your advantage.

But as to the invasions, Prestor John is an awesome idea.

We have to remember this is a game, not a simulation. Adding lots of realistic delays and limitations would just add frustration for the player.

At the very least, I'd like to see some flavor events about the legend of Prestor John for crusaders, spreading stories about the legendary Christian king coming to the rescue.

We have to remember this is a game, not a simulation. Adding lots of realistic delays and limitations would just add frustration for the player.

At the very least, I'd like to see some flavor events about the legend of Prestor John for crusaders, spreading stories about the legendary Christian king coming to the rescue.

Bold added by me. Seriously, you're speaking on behalf of people who play this game and yet I can tell you I'd love if they even attempted to for half a second not break the 4th wall with silly events, invasions and instead used more realistic mechanics. And even if they don't want it in the main game, at least make us able to mod it in. They added both Maritime Republics and Vikings without adding naval combat. It's stupid and insane.

I could imagine a fleet coming over from the Incas, landing in the Chinese area, might lead to that famous fleet of them they send out.
Build one and send out to check out if there isn't something interesting to take over behind all those mountains and jungle. Especial after they fend off the mongol hordes.

Would make sense in the narrative of the Sunset invasion. As mentioned one of the later story event's talks about Incas exploring over the pacific and trading for thunder sticks.

Mongols come from the east guys, this is already in the game, India's going to have a hard enough time as it is without being sandwiched between Mongols AND insane Vietnamese or something invading Bengal :rofl:

Bold added by me. Seriously, you're speaking on behalf of people who play this game and yet I can tell you I'd love if they even attempted to for half a second not break the 4th wall with silly events, invasions and instead used more realistic mechanics. And even if they don't want it in the main game, at least make us able to mod it in. They added both Maritime Republics and Vikings without adding naval combat. It's stupid and insane.

And I would absolutely hate those things. What have we proved? Nothing, aside from our individual opinions. I'm inclined to think, however, that if a large portion of the player base was really dissatisfied with the more "unrealistic" elements, they wouldn't keep buying every new add-on to come along.

Mongols come from the east guys, this is already in the game, India's going to have a hard enough time as it is without being sandwiched between Mongols AND insane Vietnamese or something invading Bengal :rofl:
The Mongols will not be coming over the Himalayas.

While a terrifying thought, a player in Bengal will likely not even touch the corridor that the Mongols will trouble unless that player specifically goes past the Hindu Kush.