• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright, as much as I would like to see how many other guesses people pull from that map full of blobs, enough people have said it.

I am indeed Ruthenia! (More accurately, Ukraine :p )

Started as Iziaslav of Kyiv, then conquered all the Rus states. Rus, Lithuania, Romania and Poland (and Croatia, but that was random luck) are all ruled by my dynasty and I've had an alliance with Byzantium since the early 1100s. I've been slowly holy-warring the GH into oblivion, and once they're done with I'll institute Seniority and make the Empire of Kyivan Rus.

I posted this map in particular because it's the damn clearest map I have ever seen. Bar India, there's barely a province out of place. This is only partially dumb luck; I have intervened in every Byzantine war for the past 150 years and also had a few escapades in Western Europe, but still... Iberia! It's beautiful!

If this doesn't all go horribly wrong, I might buy EU4 just to convert.

Can't we just have a confirmation when the first peraon guesses right? This takes very long to resolve otherwise ...

From the OP:
Withhold the answer for at least 24 hours, so that enough members can guess the answer; unless there are 5 correct guesses, then the Map poster should give the right answer. Gotta keep it moving.

Doesn't look like anything is going so I'll go ahead and post one. CM start. Current year is 1092.

dcbwhg.jpg

I'm going to go with the obvious and say that giant yellow euro blob. I don't know what start you did but while I could imagine an AI starting HRE and inheriting ERE, and even holy warring for Spain, there are too many weird things (good borders and Britannia) that make me think its you.
Edit: you said cm start, missed that

Can't we just have a confirmation when the first peraon guesses right? This takes very long to resolve otherwise ...

That's what I would have thought too.

EDIT: Here's the problem. There will, in any map, be very few plausible choices. In every map so far, the correct answer was within the first three guesses. There should be that window.

From the OP:

I know what's in the OP. Derp.

Still, at some point all likable guesses are made and there is no point in withholding the answer.
"There's the right answer. Let's wait for 23 more hours."

Regarding the current round: Obviously the light yellow super-empire. The question that remains is what is that anyways? A custom empire we won't ever be able to guess correctly? Or a regular realm's color I just don't recall?

That's what I would have thought too.

EDIT: Here's the problem. There will, in any map, be very few plausible choices. In every map so far, the correct answer was within the first three guesses. There should be that window.

I know what's in the OP. Derp.

Still, at some point all likable guesses are made and there is no point in withholding the answer.
"There's the right answer. Let's wait for 23 more hours."

Again, from the OP:
Withhold the answer for at least 24 hours, so that enough members can guess the answer; unless there are 5 correct guesses, then the Map poster should give the right answer. Gotta keep it moving.

I think the bolded part address the issue of forced wait period in an event the answer is kinda obvious.

Regarding the current round: Obviously the light yellow super-empire. The question that remains is what is that anyways? A custom empire we won't ever be able to guess correctly? Or a regular realm's color I just don't recall?

Lombardy maybe?

In any case it's easily the light tan empire, the other one is Abbasids. if it were AI we'd see HRE, Francia, Middle or Western Francia colours.

Lombardy maybe?

In any case it's easily the light tan empire, the other one is Abbasids. if it were AI we'd see HRE, Francia, Middle or Western Francia colours.

Correct, it's Lombardy. It was obviously easy enough that the western blob was me, that it was Lombardy is a bit harder. :)

And the the question about custom Empire the answer is no, it's the Empire of Italia, previous Kingdom was Lombardy which was the primary title. I did rename the Empire to the Empire of Lombardy though but that shouldn't affect colour. I went ahead and gave the answer now anyway, all people basically guessed correctly who I was.

ToG start, now year 1202:

ck2_map_5.jpg

Also known as "50 shades of green".

Darkest green in Iberia, France and elsewhere in Europe is Ireland.

Ocre in Arabia is the kingdom of the Immortals. Green blob in Ethipia is the Shia Caliphate, small coastal green guy in east Africa is the Empire of Arabia and Sunni Caiphate.

Some darker colors are current revolts.

Bonus map: religion mapmode:
ck2_map_9.jpg

Green in England is... Zoroastrian.

Light green in east Africa is Shia, darlest green Sunni, ocreish green in Arabia is Zoroastrian (remember the Immortals Kingdom I mentioned?)

I've seen many strange things during this game.

EDIT: I just noticed the holy sites from the last country i clicked are marked. Tip: I'm not West African Pagan ;)

India IS a good guess. The AI never really pulls it off to unify the subcontinent. Looks like a Pala start.

But there's also an intriguing amount of Zoroastrians still going strong o_O

... and lots of Germanics / Norse in all of Europe. As well as dark blue. And I don't even now what that is ^^

There are far more Zoroasrians than muslims, actually :p

This is me, the Samrat chakravartin. I hope this answers some questions :p :
ck2_11.png

I actually unified India because i was lucky and just inherited the southern half of it. A screenshot 20 years before would have been a much harder guess, because the Persian Empire was bigger and stronger... :p But it's ironman, so I could not go back for the screenshot.

Dark blue is Yazidi Egypt. The Norse king of Egypt lost to a revolt and they have been doing fine between the collpasing caliphates.

Now My plan is to leave India via Africa, convert Rome and Constantinople to an indian religion for the acievement, then recreate the british empire while being hindu, and after that maybe I'll re-create the Fylkirate.