• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey bob, did you knew that duke whatshisname got killed yesterday ?
- Look George a metor
- RIOT TIME

Hey, lets go ally with some foreign power... :D

Originally posted by BRYCON316
The worst thing is when you are playing on high-speed, and are quickly closing windows as they appear. Then a historical event occurs and you press enter and choose an option that you didn't want. That's a killer, IMO.

I always pause when that happends. :)

Originally posted by BRYCON316
The worst thing is when you are playing on high-speed, and are quickly closing windows as they appear. Then a historical event occurs and you press enter and choose an option that you didn't want. That's a killer, IMO.

You may not be aware (if you are, ignore this post) that, unlike EU1, if you set posts to "popup and pause" that's a different kind of pause from the one you get by hitting the pause button; in other words, you can set all messages to "popup and pause," and if they're unimportant just press enter and the game will continue; if they're important, press PAUSE while the game is *already* paused due to the popup, and it will remain paused after you close the message.

I find this particularly useful with messages relating to arrival/fighting of armies. When I'm at war and moving thirty-seven different units around the map, I have to pause in between moving them all around; when the only active unit is a conquistador exploring China, I just hit enter whenever it tells me he arrived somewhere. It also means that if 27 messages arrive at once (a major revolt uprising, or you just changed religion or something) you can press pause, then blitz through them all without worrying if the game will unexpectedly set off again before you realise you've run out of messages.

Getting the foreign drill instructor while broke.

Being broke.:D

Originally posted by Hamilcar10
Getting the foreign drill instructor while broke.

I keep turning him down anyway...

Heyesey, what'd you get a pink card for?