• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by The Larch

Crash To Desktop, famous since EU I :). Sure it happened at least a couple of times to you.

For the acronyms, try the F.A.Q. (Frecuentrly asked questions).

Bye, The Larch.

Yes,in EU i played Portugal,and after 40 years,i had a lot of colonies and trading posts,but once it crashed,i loaded,it crashed again at the same year.
It always crashed in that year's that month(and it's that day).
So i had to finish my Portugal...
The other 152641238434984649446645 cases were easier...

CTD (sometimes even autosave doesn't seem to work)

civil war when you're a colonial power with no/few troops in that area

those are by far the worst IMO

:mad:

Originally posted by Kasperus
In real life you don`t see a meteor lowering your stability level 3 timres in a decade as well. Or having a noble assasinated every 3 years, even if your country historically had no aristocracy (in the real meaning of that word, as Ottomans)

Well, in real life your boss may get smacked instead of getting laid and the next day you find you're out of a job through no fault of your own.

Or it rains the day you've finally learned how to walk on your eyelashes.

EU2 is very, very gentle compared to real life.

Some people seem to have a problem recognizing the fact that the game *isn't real life*. So we can't reload in real life as much as we'd like to - what the hell does that have to do with anything? I can in my game, and if it makes it more enjoyable for me then I'll take my entertainment as I please, thank you very much.

After all, I forked over the money and it's on my equipment - why a few of you seem neurotically compelled to rain on my, or anyone else's parade the moment a mention of a reload, 'cheat', alteration of a file, or whatever is mentioned points to a serious need for some Prozac. Along with a bit of therapy on why a game is just a game is just a game, all good fun - and only good fun.

Max

I agree that If one wants to cheat or whatever, then one should just go ahead without facing public humiliation on this forum.

However, one should not start bragging about the results they have achieved using cheats.

thats my opinnion anyway.

For the record I don't say that you brag about your games!!
-just to avoid being verbally asaulted ;)

Well, frankly, I think the 'bragging' is really only important to those folks who want to 'whip it out and measure it' like a bunch of drunken frat boys.

But who knows: I might've done the same thing as a wet-behind-the-ears college kid if computers had actually been a bit more complex than the PET when I was that age. But now I'm far more interested in reading the AARs for the 'fun' value, especially the 'funny' value, and don't really care how they were arrived at.

What's mystifying is that anyone would condemn what somebody else has done to modify the rules of a game that'll never affect them in any way, shape, or form (being on somebody else's computer altogether), much less the atttitude that presumes that public condemnation is anything other than bad manners, poor taste, and generally immature (remember that the subject is a game - by definition a trivial pursuit of frivolous entertainment). I might hazard a guess that their mommas didn't slapped them around enough when they were younger while trying to teach them to be polite.

Max

The worst thing that can happen is when you're playing as Aragon, and accidentally choose the "We join with Spain! (Game Over)" on the event option.

Originally posted by kurtbrian
I agree that If one wants to cheat or whatever, then one should just go ahead without facing public humiliation on this forum.

However, one should not start bragging about the results they have achieved using cheats.

Amen. If we're having a thread about "what's the quickest anyone ever conquered the entire world" then anyone who's been reloading, altering save files etc., can't count their achievements. But as far as playing the game goes, do whatever you enjoy doing.

when you late in the 1790's declare war on England as Denmark.

then you sail the mighty danish navy of, lets say, 30 warships and some transports packed with soldiers to invade England.

you are attacked by a small english naval force of some 15 warships.

unfortunately Lord Nelson was the leader and every one of your ships is sunk at an amazing pace...

dammit! :mad:

I agree with Heyesey and kurtbrian,

Cheat all you like, change your Mughal empire into the latin tech group, edit all your DP settings exactly how you want them in one fell swoop in 1419, do whatever makes the game enjoyable for you. It's your game, it's your time, go for it. :)

But don't expect us all to be wowed when you come around bragging how you conquered the world the fastest. :rolleyes:

Worst thing to happen?

Has to be when I decided to play Prussia in a 1419 scenario (1.04 version).

Not only did I start out as a vassal, Poland declared war on my country on January 2, 1419 and pretty much kicked my butt. Then I had a string of *BAD* events and, five years after the last war where I lost a province, I get attacked again and annexed. Game over.

Worst thing I ever brought on myself?

Has to be when I decided to play the Byzantines as a complete jerk. I survived to about 1480, and went down with over 500% inflation... I was taking out loans merely to insult the Papal States at the end, there! What fun!

Originally posted by BiB

Then think of it as sommink translated to the Ottoman level FFS. IF a country has no aristocracy, then some other leading figures. Can't write separate events for every nation.

And actually... The Ottomans had Aristocracy, though differently structured. They had actually several to be true. One was the ancient clannish families. These spanned from Bagdad to Granada...and was arabic. As the clan-system accepts adoption by affiliation new ethnic turkish governors were often 'adopted' by a local clan. The sacond was a lower aristocracy consisting of the land-owners in the timariot-system.

/Greven

The worst thing that happens in all my gc is Denmark getting annexed far to early cause of warmonger/BB.

I'm really terrified by CTD since EU1. Now I save everything just to cool my nerves. EU2 is saved by me every 1-2 years and I have about 5 diffrent saves. Call me paranoic but I lost too many beautiful games due to not saving.
Btw, I used to play winamp while playing EU2, so my chance for CTD is higher.

Stab event are bad.

I can understand that some thing can happen that do lower the stab, but a country going from +3 to -2 in 2 years du purely on random event ???

- Hey bob, did you knew that duke whatshisname got killed yesterday ?
- Look George a metor
- RIOT TIME :D

There should be some kind of buffer so you don't lose more than let's say 3 point of stab per 10 years to random even