• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose departures like this are inevitable when an organization hires talented people; they develop their skills to a point where within the organization they can not continue to rise in keeping with their skills and move on.

I think Chris is developing Rugby Manager, a game in which you have to mastermind your nation to the top of the 6 Nations/Tri-Nation series, and then the Rugby World Cup.

Union, of course.

And Scotland, not Sweden, will be overpowered... ;) (Sorry Chris!)

The other day I was wondering if anyone is still making good 4X games. Today I see that King is making a 4X game called Galactic Inheritors.

The other day I was wondering if anyone is still making good 4X games. Today I see that King is making a 4X game called Galactic Inheritors.

Link?

His studio is at crispon.com. Not even on google yet. :)

But they do have a forum with some game info. Looks like Space 4x, "Galactic Inheritors". Me, I'm hoping for Aurora with a more commercial interface.

I always liked Chris as you could tell he was very enthusiastic about the games he was making, and was happy to talk to people about them. It proves how much I notice what goes on as I had not even realised he had gone. Certainly wish him well in his future endeavours.

March of the Eagles was a bit of a failure, I suspect that has something to do with it.

Why? CK2 was a huge success, and he was a major part of that.

PDS should just stay away from MP games. MP crowd always demands games simplified and dumbed down so people are able to navigate them without pausing, and then the games turn up way too flat and shallow for the studio's core customer base, and even for the very MP crowd that wanted them simpler... As proven by the MotE forums, and the empty wasteland of nothingness-to-do that's called MotE gameplay, which is shocking, considering the time period it's set in and the amount of material to work with there.

That's a side note though. I mostly associate King with Rome (remember the dev aar?) and Vicky anyway. :) And his 4X, he only posted some very basic information about it, there's no way anyone (even King himself) can now know what it'll be like at the end of the production cycle. We'll see, probably it's going to be pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Indeed.

Don't suppose anyone has a Scots Gaelic name list for ck2? Can't find one, and I don't want to plumb the ck1 forum.

Aye.

Indeed.

Don't suppose anyone has a Scots Gaelic name list for ck2? Can't find one, and I don't want to plumb the ck1 forum.

Aye.
So that's where you've been hanging out. I hardly ever fall into the CK2 forum, so now I know where you generally are.

No, I don't have a list like that.

Really good if your the owner, get to keep them slave workers quiet.

Not really, lots of "owners" get sued, that is why you keep your mouth shut about former employees. Most companies will not even give recommendations or referrals, only confirming that the individual was employed and between which dates, sometime they even require written consent from the former employee to reveal even that much.

So we can't count on a list of former employees of PDS with the "where they are now" theme?

Not really, lots of "owners" get sued, that is why you keep your mouth shut about former employees. Most companies will not even give recommendations or referrals, only confirming that the individual was employed and between which dates, sometime they even require written consent from the former employee to reveal even that much.
Recieving recommendations is quite normal over here ( at least if you're doing a good job ), you get them at universities, hell there are masters that require you have some and you get them at all kinds of work enviroments, and they make it soooo much easier to get a weekend job or a semester job. So in Sweden you're not even allowed to recommend people, because it's unfair for those who don't recieve recommendations ?

Recieving recommendations is quite normal over here ( at least if you're doing a good job ), you get them at universities, hell there are masters that require you have some and you get them at all kinds of work enviroments, and they make it soooo much easier to get a weekend job or a semester job. So in Sweden you're not even allowed to recommend people, because it's unfair for those who don't recieve recommendations ?

The chain of comments means that I was commenting on how it is in North America, not Sweden. But even in NA academia has different rules than real world.

The chain of comments means that I was commenting on how it is in North America, not Sweden. But even in NA academia has different rules than real world.

Oh thought you were talking about Sweden. Well you get recommendations for work over here as well, the difference is probably that workplaces do not require recommendations, whereas a lot of masters do. Also your post appears to imply that academics aren't a part of the real world, in my experience academia is way harder ( at least in the two areas I know: Finance and maths.) , I always look forward to working, as the payment at banks is quite okay even if you don't have your bachelor yet.

Regarding King, as he was the main coder for Vic, how likely is it there'll be a new Victoria game ?

The last part is more for the Ask PDS anything thread.