• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its propably because hard aggresive option. I play mainly on normal in every aspect without lucky nations. And in every my gameplay I get countires stick to they mainly "historical" borders, and not expanding like snake around and every direction and occupy lands to away from they main borders.

Second part if Castilia conquere Africa for example? What bad in this? We making new history not old one. Its why EUIII is better than EUI and EUII where we had time events, whan in history was in such date event we get unrealistic event to situation.

The first thing that comes to mind is that I would like to see cultures being a bit more important, seeing as they currently don't serve much of a purpose. They could have province modifiers similar to what religions have.

Last edited:
... I'm tired of the constant slavery debate, and people should know that we were not the only ones that bought them, which history lessons in school nowadays basically teaches us.

Dude you can't really say that Ottoman's slavery was same as European ones. Maybe slavery of Steppe Hordes come close to the total exploit of the European system. I have never heard about an Ottoman triangle trade (give warlords in Africa weapons, take their enemies as slaves in masses, bring them to the new world and let them work like dogs, and sell what they produced for nothing). This trade brought an extreme economical benefit to Europe and I refuse to accept the assumption that Europe was leading in spiritual/humanism areas against the rest of the world - It's just not true. No other "society" killed 20 million people on their race to colonize the world. You just can't compare small/medium scale slavery with the professional business Europeans made of it.
It's like comparing Mongol invasion with the Holocaust and saying "they were both equally bad".

But yeah let's stop it here. You have your mind, I have mine. Let's agree we won't listen to each other :)

Dude you can't really say that Ottoman's slavery was same as European ones. Maybe slavery of Steppe Hordes come close to the total exploit of the European system. I have never heard about an Ottoman triangle trade (give warlords in Africa weapons, take their enemies as slaves in masses, bring them to the new world and let them work like dogs, and sell what they produced for nothing). This trade brought an extreme economical benefit to Europe and I refuse to accept the assumption that Europe was leading in spiritual/humanism areas against the rest of the world - It's just not true. No other "society" killed 20 million people on their race to colonize the world. You just can't compare small/medium scale slavery with the professional business Europeans made of it.
It's like comparing Mongol invasion with the Holocaust and saying "they were both equally bad".

But yeah let's stop it here. You have your mind, I have mine. Let's agree we won't listen to each other :)

I could speak with you about it by PM. To say here i have, that nowadays the slave trade is well spread thru out african/arabian countries. Not in all of them of course (as there is allways illegal slave trade - even in europe) but in some. Also the church never supported slavery, and to say i have that not in all christian countries slavery was legal. Like - there was no slavery in Poland. Whatever you are right - european slave trade was not the same as european - being a slave in Ottoman empire was much worse than being slave in Spanish empire.

To say i have mongols in their invasion killed 30 milion people in china while holocaust had about 3 millions of victims... so how would anyone say they are EQUALY bad?

Also - Im sorry to say it but ur an ignorant. Not wanting to offend you of course - but learn some history before starting such disscusions.

But to the topic - best is to be like that:

Paradox team should work on EU4 as long as they can to make it as close to perfect as they can.
And they would just do another team for EU3 addons. To keep us busy with new features ;). And to keep the money in their pockets.
But don't make it as Duke - we don't want it to make it going forever. ;)

While I would love to debate about slavery and who were the big bads, this is neither the time nor the place to discuss it. So let's get back on topic before moderators come and shut this page down.

The first thing I want in another Paradox game is a diplomacy that is better. I think this is mandatory, since there is so many countries and struggles for regional or global domination.

For once, I won't take part in a (direct) debate around european history, because this is not the goal of this thread. But, like the OP, I tend to think that Europe is too powerful and that lead Castille to conquer Morocco everytime and Ottoman Empire to be almost nothing. However, I don't think the Horde system is so bad, since it represent what a nomadic tribe could be. I would see it even in Rome II or in a game about the Great invasions (or migrations, to be politically correct). I don't think, though, that Crusades and Holy Wars are so important to merit a casus belli allowing to conquer anything. In the diplomatic game, maybe the countries that are of similar religion should be tended to collaborate against a threat of another religion (even if France didn't do so, so there is limits...), but that should be handled by the diplomatic engine.

Along with my diplomatic needs, I would add that it would be great if countries were able to not attack only the infamous one, but also the big power. For if this big power patiently build conquer you, there is no difference as if a great warmongering blob conquer you, since you are dead and this country is hegemon. That would be sad for the great power built mostly peacefully, but that is the life.

I agree with the OP demand that internal maintain stability should be more challenging, but I think the concept of stability as we know it is simply too abstract, as well as the technology groups. Like one said, I think Kennedy's idea about european might could be a way to explore. If there is many struggle in an area, yet some countries powerful enough (or isolated enough, in the case of Italy) to develop other things than military, that should be a "modernization" cause (and not a trigger). Returning to the stability concept, I would like that if a general could change side, like in Rome, or if you could have a civil war (again in Rome), but please not at every generation.

About the country that hold themselves together, I think it should be considered to give to the AI an incentive to protect the land that seems to be at the heart of it and to conquer those which should be here. Altough historically some countries weren't a round blob, that was mostly because of the land (and sea) surrounding them or because an inheritence occured. Charles Quint tried to unify its empire by winning against France. Hungary, Bohemia, France, Netherland, Poland, and even Austria at the end tried to link their possessions in a logical way.

I've been thinking lately about ways that the concept of EU3 could be improved - perhaps a sign of how much it has come to dominate my life. It's certainly one of the best games that I've ever played, and I absolutely love it. Divine Wind is an excellent expansion, but, considering the popularity of the franchise, I imagine that an EU4 will be needed. Here are my thoughts on what should be in (and out):

Things to Do

• Make it more of a challenge for the player to maintain a country's internal stability and coherence. I have ideas for this, but I don't want to get bogged down in writing an essay. Rather than one simple stability figure, I would split it up into political, economic and social stability. I would make rebellions more threatening and more frequent, with the possibility of your generals and their armies defecting or rebelling against you. Something to really make the player spend more time thinking about how to keep his own country together, rather than simply thinking about how to annex other countries.

• Hell to the NO!!! It's extremely difficult for me to keep my stability up and rebellions will rise right when my armies are too far away in a war or dealing with another rebellion.

How do people feel about removing the permanent terra incognita? I always wanted to colonize all of North America.

In North America, maybe, but only if there was something else in place to make colonizing these areas very difficult. But I'd say the colonizable areas in Africa are already too extensive compared to history.

If you have the most recent expansion. Not everyone does.

Actually, that's been since HTTT, so it's if you have either of the two most recent expansions.

I would like to see the possibility of New World countries that are reflective of how it is settled in game rather than based on how it was settled historically. For example if Norway settles North America there should be a possibility of a New World country along the lines of Vineland rising in rebellion.

I would also like to see the effects of malaria on settling tropical provinces by temperate nations modeled much more accurately. Malaria was more devastating than the current penalty suggests.

1. The ability to change flags without creating a new tag, if for no other reason than it looks weird to see a 1399 English and French flag in 1800.

2. Forming countries reflects the starter country more. The most obvious thing here is the list of leader names. If I form Spain with Granada, all my Mohammads and whatnot become Juans. The ability to keep country-specific lists like this when you change tags would be very nice.

3. More complex colonization. A lot's been said about this, so I don't know what I can add, but the current system is too simple, really.

4. More powerful colonial revolts. Colonial revolts rarely go anywhere. If they do succeed, you often end up seeing these piddling little two or three province Canadas and USAs. Something to make a larger uprising more likely, and more potent, would be welcome.

5. More complex conversion. I don't want converting provinces to be harder; spreading my country's religion is one of my favorite aspects of the game. But something a bit more involved than the current system would add more depth. Some mods add conversions coming in stages, for example. I don't know if I'd go with exactly what any of those have, but something along those general lines.