• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Europa Universalis: Alexander! :D

I just want a (good) game with my own name on the cover. That would make me happy.

But yes, plenty of opportunity in antiquity for a new game. The only problem is that there are few periods as popular as Rome (if the number of students in ancient history classes I've been in are any indication; classes focused on Rome were far more numerous and more popular), so it'd be hard to market a new game. Not impossible, though!

Just as bad? I loved those 2 series!
It is very popular, but then again so was Hitler :laugh:

sorry just joking

For me they're more like soap operas than serious dramas. Soap operas with gratuitous sex and violence. Don't get me wrong I love sex and violence but it's over used in those programs. You should check out the original I, Claudius to make a comparison, it's all on youtube.

I just want a (good) game with my own name on the cover. That would make me happy.

But yes, plenty of opportunity in antiquity for a new game. The only problem is that there are few periods as popular as Rome (if the number of students in ancient history classes I've been in are any indication; classes focused on Rome were far more numerous and more popular), so it'd be hard to market a new game. Not impossible, though!

why does it have to a europa universalis game? why not just make an ancient era grand strategy title which stands alone on its own merits?

Agreed takedown, but throwing the EU name behind a game would seem to me a good move simply for publicity and hype. I suppose using the EU engine would also cut development time and cost - and eliminate some fear of the learning curve that accompanies Paradox titles as I feel that EU is still the flagship and most played series. Then again imho, especially now with the success of CKII, the Paradox name itself could accomplish the same marketing purpose as the EU name.
edit:spelling

Last edited:

I think, "Europa Universalis: Colombo" will be cooler!

why does it have to a europa universalis game? why not just make an ancient era grand strategy title which stands alone on its own merits?

Same reason they make March of the Europas: an Eagle Universalis Game and East vs. Iron: a Hearts of East Game. Brand awarness.