• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyway, Steed. He's giving the standard defense to being outed. I find it a little too convenient that he knows the Sorc, too. And why would he not out the sorc (or arrange the outing via someone), when he's got the name? There's no point in watching the sorc's votes once he's been scanned. I'm just not buying this story.

It's definitely a possibility that he isn't lying though. We've seen this sort of thing happening before.

If we have any hunters out there:
Please send a conditional order to hunter hunt SBR if Steed is lynched and he turns out to be the priest. You also might want to put in a backup order for dublish, with the same conditions

(Protectors might want to make their orders conditional too.)

This way, if he's lying we lynch a cultist, and if he isn't lying we get a sorcerer and possibly a cultist shot tonight and hopefully have a real round of voting tomorrow, no matter what happens.

edit: That having been said: I think I'm buying Steeds' story here.

Vote sbr

(A sorcerer is a bigger threat than a cultist, don't you agree?)

edit2: There is one single factor very important here: The timing of that outing. Steeds story explains perfectly *why* Dublish made that outing as early as he did. Dublish's explanation however is piss-poor and reeks scummy.

Last edited:
edit2: There is one single factor very important here: The timing of that outing. Steeds story explains perfectly *why* Dublish made that outing as early as he did. Dublish's explanation however is piss-poor and reeks scummy.

This is true, although Steeds story is also shaky. However, we're still quite some way from parity, especially if there's more than 1 pack, so I think we can still afford to lynch Steed, as then a furious wrath can be brought down upon those who misled us.

Or, it would, if fury and wrath weren't filthy human emotions.

It's definitely a possibility that he isn't lying though. We've seen this sort of thing happening before.

If we have any hunters out there:
Please send a conditional order to hunter hunt SBR if Steed is lynched and he turns out to be the priest. You also might want to put in a backup order for dublish, with the same conditions

(Protectors might want to make their orders conditional too.)

This way, if he's lying we lynch a cultist, and if he isn't lying we get a sorcerer and possibly a cultist shot tonight and hopefully have a real round of voting tomorrow, no matter what happens.

edit: That having been said: I think I'm buying Steeds' story here.

Vote sbr

(A sorcerer is a bigger threat than a cultist, don't you agree?)

The Daft Punk Robot's vocabulary is not large enough to the extent that he may successfully convey a convoluted message to you, and thus will now speak right to the heart of every Robot through the use of groovy dancemoves.

*starts dancing to the sound of Da Funk*

The message said:
I certainly see your point and it really is quite a shame if today becomes a mindless bandwagon with no information to be gained from, but it has always been my policy to always trust the first outing that occurs and continue trusting the spokesman if he leads us to success. Thus whatever doubt I might have on dublish, I won't change my vote. Not yet anyway..

Unvote Steed
Vote sbr

Fixing my vote.

I havent seen any kind of JL activity, and i wasnt going to contact just anybody with the SBR's name, so i kept quiet..

Look, im not pleading for you to save me, im dead either way, if im not lynched im hunted... Just passing on the Sorc name for the good of all robots..

Scans

1. EURO ... villager, but died.
2. Jonti ... villager but died.
3. SBR ... SORC
4. Walrus ... villager
5. Dublish ... Cultist

Thats why i voted EW and took tie away from Jonti.

EDIT: I didnt think EURO and JONTI would die so quick, so kind of messed things up..

hmmm... i'll bite

unvote steed
vote sbr

I havent seen any kind of JL activity, and i wasnt going to contact just anybody with the SBR's name, so i kept quiet..

Look, im not pleading for you to save me, im dead either way, if im not lynched im hunted... Just passing on the Sorc name for the good of all robots..

You can be protected from hunts. No protectors have died so far, there must be one or two around. It's just a matter of asking them to do so, conditioned based on what tonight's lynch targets role is.

Steed said:
Scans

1. EURO ... villager, but died.
2. Jonti ... villager but died.
3. SBR ... SORC
4. Walrus ... villager
5. Dublish ... Cultist

Thats why i voted EW and took tie away from Jonti.

Myeah. It fits everything nicely. I was wondering what our scanners were up to.

Lord_D said:
I certainly see your point and it really is quite a shame if today becomes a mindless bandwagon with no information to be gained from, but it has always been my policy to always trust the first outing that occurs and continue trusting the spokesman if he leads us to success. Thus whatever doubt I might have on dublish, I won't change my vote. Not yet anyway..

My policy is to use my brain in this kind of situation. Steed's story matches up. Dublishes story sounds fishy. He didn't even use the words "JL announcement", instead he weasel-worded it with "I've been told to .." pft.

I think it's a good idea to not trust outings this early in the vote cycle. A real JL outing needs to be done somewhat late in the day to preserve voting, an outing that doesn't .. well, it makes sense for an SA cultist/wolf/sorc to do that.

I guess there's an easy rule of thumb here:
- early outing = probably fake
- late outing = probably isn't

Especially when we're talking about vets like dublish who clearly should know better.

Would someone protect walrus then as a back-up if Steed gets killed? I fear that him being priest-cleared (if the Seer hasn't scanned him and Steed IS indeed the Priest) would cause him to be cleared.

Would someone protect walrus then as a back-up if Steed gets killed? I fear that him being priest-cleared (if the Seer hasn't scanned him and Steed IS indeed the Priest) would cause him to be cleared.

Yes please :D

Unvote Steed
Vote sbr

Steeds story also correlates with something else besides the timing: the other cultist who died also was SA, and the packs are most likely simmetrically set up, so this SA theory is quite believable. I'm believing Steeds story. If he is lying, he will be lynched tomorrow anyway.

unvote Steed
vote sbr

I guess there's an easy rule of thumb here:
- early outing = probably fake
- late outing = probably isn't

i dunno. i've done more than my share of fake late outings.

Unvote Steed, Vote sbr

*Oooh. I don't know what to do. About this dream and you. I wish this dream comes true.*

Unvote Steed

Vote sbr

I will follow this path.

Randakar (&CO): are you daft or what?
"Outing" made by someone already outed have 0% credibility.

*shrug* Maybe I am daft, who knows.
We'll see. I doubt sbr will get lynched tonight anyway.

How many unprovoked fake outtings have you all seen, especailly this early in the game? In my 3 years of playing WW here I can't think of ANY, though I am sure there have been a few; most likely when the baddies were at or just about to hit parity. In my experience every fake outting is done by a baddie who was just legitimately outted himself.