• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you had told me we should expect a jeremiad, I would have gone to sleep.
It isn't for your benefit. You clearly know I'm not a wolf yet you attack me anyway. All I'm saying to the newer guys, listen to madchemist the villager's words. He knows me pretty well and he was convinced I'm a villager. That should at least corroborate my argument to some degree.

It isn't for your benefit. You clearly know I'm not a wolf yet you attack me anyway. All I'm saying to the newer guys, listen to madchemist the villager's words. He knows me pretty well and he was convinced I'm a villager. That should at least corroborate my argument to some degree.
And you say you're no good!

Unvote Marty
Vote Mauvsesivan

I'll trust marty for once, since Euro is also now trusting him(2 veterans supporting Marty's defence)...still not liking the reasoning. Capibara after Audren saving him is imo now the best lynch target

Unvote Marty
Vote capibara

I'll trust marty for once, since Euro is also now trusting him(2 veterans supporting Marty's defence)...still not liking the reasoning. Capibara after Audren saving him is imo now the best lynch target

I would just like to throw in that citing dead players for ones cause is most of the time very problematic. My limited experience has shown this gets abused a lot. We should be looking for better evidence.
As we never have all information available I prefer for any statements, similarly to what marty posted about vote counts earlier, to be looked at the context they were made in. Also if any post I made is taken for itself several days later and after I'm dead, I as a player would be very afraid to post wrong things out of fear that the potato village rather cites them instead of using recent findings and thinking for itself, and that would be very bad for the spirit of the game, and even better for the wolves. So keep posting your thoughts, but take older posts with a grain of salt, and there are better reasons for the conclusion that marty is a villager than the uncontradictable opinions of dead players.

I hope others note how easily I got ran up in the first place, and now how easily it falls apart once it seems that's the way the wind's blowing. That's generally not the sign of a good case.
I would just like to throw in that citing dead players for ones cause is most of the time very problematic. My limited experience has shown this gets abused a lot. We should be looking for better evidence.
As we never have all information available I prefer for any statements, similarly to what marty posted about vote counts earlier, to be looked at the context they were made in. Also if any post I made is taken for itself several days later and after I'm dead, I as a player would be very afraid to post wrong things out of fear that the potato village rather cites them instead of using recent findings and thinking for itself, and that would be very bad for the spirit of the game, and even better for the wolves. So keep posting your thoughts, but take older posts with a grain of salt, and there are better reasons for the conclusion that marty is a villager than the uncontradictable opinions of dead players.
It's mainly to show that among villagers who know me, that my defence at least makes sense. Whereas people who haven't played with me much or in years, who make up most of the players still alive, it obviously won't. It's just to show you guy I'm not totally talking out of my ass when I say I don't hunt vets, to show that it's a plausible defence to those who know me. Because to people like you, togee, van mavus, otherwise I could be entirely making the whole thing up. What I'm not saying is that the defence is true simply because madchemist believed it.
I don't agree with the idea that a player's statement becomes irrelevant when dead though.

Also, you say there are better reasons I'm not a wolf than this, but I honestly don't see them. I haven't done much of anything to kill any wolves yet.

I hope others note how easily I got ran up in the first place, and now how easily it falls apart once it seems that's the way the wind's blowing. That's generally not the sign of a good case.

This isn't bad per se. It's more data for me, I can't have you all scanned, scans are so expensive these days, you need all that protection etc.

I don't agree with the idea that a player's statement becomes irrelevant when dead though.

They don't. I said you should take posts from dead people in the context they were said. Also one should generally bear in mind that the original poster was maybe fishing for info.

Also, you say there are better reasons I'm not a wolf than this, but I honestly don't see them. I haven't done much of anything to kill any wolves yet.

And you can't have done much, if you are a villager with no info and not part of the JL. The wolves we caught so far haven't been obvious ones.

Also, I don't know whether the reasons for you not being a wolf exist - but there are certainly better ones than citing deceased players. That's how I meant my statement.

I already stated my problem with you - you asked for info from the JL. But you don't need the info, whether madchemist was JL or not - you can just write me your thoughts per PM assuming he was, if you really are interested in helping. I will know how to handle them if the assumption was wrong.
"Heya Austin, I'm not gonna make you trust me, but here's the info I have if the following assumptions are right. Yada yada yada. PS: Let's shag later"
Also you were talking publicly about the JL covering players. While I would assume wolf marty would keep such a pattern to himself, I can't think of a reason why villager marty would post such things in the thread for the wolves to read - unless trying to put out red herrings for the wolves, just as Euro seems to do in his style, which is correct play and I think both of you would do in the situation of a bleak villager which you both wouldn't deny you are.
Now the question is, do you think I am clever enough to see that? Well I am, but I also think that's exactly how you should be playing to seem the least suspicious to me, cause I expect high skilled wolf play from you two.

Last edited:
Vote Count: Jeopardy Edition (~4h 20min to deadline)

VanMavus: 3
npstr [561 marty -> 565]
EURO [574 Marty -> 582]
snoopdogg [587]

Togee: 2
Capibara [570]
VanMavus [572]

Capibara:1
Togee [576 Marty -> 583]

EURO: 1
Marty [577]

Not Voted: 1
Rendapian Missionary []

This isn't bad per se. It's more data for me, I can't have you all scanned, scans are so expensive these days, you need all that protection etc.

They don't. I said you should take posts from dead people in the context they were said. Also one should generally bear in mind that the original poster was maybe fishing for info.

And you can't have done much, if you are a villager with no info and not part of the JL. The wolves we caught so far haven't been obvious ones.

Also, I don't know whether the reasons for you not being a wolf exist - but there are certainly better ones than citing deceased players. That's how I meant my statement.

I already stated my problem with you - you asked for info from the JL. But you don't need the info, whether madchemist was JL or not - you can just write me your thoughts per PM assuming he was, if you really are interested in helping. I will know how to handle them if the assumption was wrong.
"Heya Austin, I'm not gonna make you trust me, but here's the info I have if the following assumptions are right. Yada yada yada. PS: Let's shag later"
Also you were talking publicly about the JL covering players. While I would assume wolf marty would keep such a pattern to himself, I can't think of a reason why villager marty would post such things in the thread for the wolves to read - unless trying to put out red herrings for the wolves, just as Euro seems to do in his style, which is correct play and I think both of you would do in the situation of a bleak villager which you both wouldn't deny you are.
Now the question is, do you think I am clever enough to see that? Well I am, but I also think that's exactly how you should be playing to seem the least suspicious to me, cause I expect high skilled wolf play from you two.
I've frequently asked JL members for information when I'm unscanned before in games, and generally I am a villager. This is another of those empirical arguments you don't like, but it is quite common among quite a few players historically. Wolves don't usually make such a brazen attempt to steal information, make of that what you will. However I will send you why I wanted it by pm, and maybe you can then use it based on what you know. I meant to do that earlier to be honest.

I posted about potentially covering players before it had ever happened, to try and incentivise you guys to not do it. If then nothing happens and there's no obvious cover-up, the wolves can't see anything that happened, and they can't say anyone run up must have been in the JL because there wasn't a cover-up, nor can I say the opposite.
Had you guys initiated a massive switch off say Togee or Capibara for no real reason, and I commented on that afterwards, then that would have been drawing attention for the wolves, and would not have been good villager play.

Btw about that riddle yesterday the correct answer was Brutal Wolf, I think madchemist was the first one to post it. Anyone wondering how to solve it, it's a reworded riddle that's called Cheryls Birthday, you can see a solution of it here.

Btw about that riddle yesterday the correct answer was Brutal Wolf, I think madchemist was the first one to post it. Anyone wondering how to solve it, it's a reworded riddle that's called Cheryls Birthday, you can see a solution of it here.
Funny you posted that exact link. Only yesterday I was reading through that column (this week's one is very good) worked my way back, read that one and then realised that your riddle was a variant of that one, and that I had already completed that riddle before (it went viral last year I think) but had failed to recognise the similarity.

Mentlegen, and fembots, it's time for another riddle!

A little known fact about Austin Powers is, he has a son. The mother is 21 years older than the son, and in 6 years she will be 5 times older than the son.

Where is Austin right now?

Post your answer in a spoiler if you have to, and if I live tomorrow there will be the solution!

Austin-Powers-Quotes.jpg

He's right there.

Oh good, Euro is here. I wanted to test something.

Unvote VM
Vote Togee

UNVOTE MAUVSIAN
VOTE TOGEPI

A little known fact about Austin Powers is, he has a son. The mother is 21 years older than the son, and in 6 years she will be 5 times older than the son.

Post your answer in a spoiler if you have to, and if I live tomorrow there will be the solution!

Austin-Powers-Quotes.jpg

The child is -.75 years old, the mother is 20.25 years old. Average length of pregnancy is nine months. Austin is in the mother right now.

My answer, but might have done the math wrong in my head.

The Electric Psychedelic Pussycat Swingers Club.

Srsly. The last made sense. Now you're just messin with us.