• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stupid wolves don't use their cultists. Stupid cultist gets a boring game. Stupid players gets punished. I see no problem with that.

I have to agree with this. As long as the cultist is given a contact at start all is fine. Wolves that deliberately hurt their chances of victory just for some very doubtful credit are stupid wolves. I enjoyed the current big, and I was a cultist. My pack didn't hunt me for fun, did they?

I have to agree with this. As long as the cultist is given a contact at start all is fine. Wolves that deliberately hurt their chances of victory just for some very doubtful credit are stupid wolves. I enjoyed the current big, and I was a cultist. My pack didn't hunt me for fun, did they?

Some games ago, cultists could change packs. Hence wolves getting rid of them.

Also, no-one giving feedback to my idea. I'm sad. :sad:

I had the honour of playing a cultist in the current Big game, and I can tell you: I had a quiet game, just as I would as a villager, until I got outed. The next 3 days were the best werewolf moments I had in a couple of months. Ofcourse, On my outing I could have gone down simply, but I decided to do something useful with it.

It's just the way you decide to play your cultist that can make or break the game just as much as it can for a villager.

I could change packs. I didn't. There was no reason to do it and would just have made me seem unreliable.
Cultist is all about the players. If the wolves are smart and the cultist is game there are plenty of possibilities.

I liked it better than the current cultist setup, but I've refrained from weighing in too much because I've never had the misfortune of being a cultist. I know it's the last role I'd probably pick, at least without traits.

Not at all. Wolves are wolves. There are few wolves. There are many villagers. Villagers have only the power to vote (and any trait they may possess). Wolves have the hunt to accompany their vote. If your attempt is to eliminate the cultist role as it currently exists, then GM a game with no cultists and see how it works. No one knows better what you have in mind than yourself.

I have. In that game however the few cultists there were got eliminated quickly through factors outside of my control, so the role is still pretty much untested.

What's the average duration for a Lite game? Based on a sample size of 1, Meso seems to be clocking in at one week.

What's the average duration for a Lite game? Based on a sample size of 1, Meso seems to be clocking in at one week.

17 people

Night one:
16 People

Night two:
14 People

Night three:
12 People

Night four:
10 People

Night five:
8 People (This is the threshold for the wolves. If a wolf hasn't been lynched as this point, it is a baddie victory.)

Night six:
6 People

Night seven:
4 People

Night eight:
2 People

This is, of course, assuming no ties.

17 people

Night one:
16 People

Night two:
14 People

Night three:
12 People

Night four:
10 People

Night five:
8 People (This is the threshold for the wolves. If a wolf hasn't been lynched as this point, it is a baddie victory.)

Night six:
6 People

Night seven:
4 People

Night eight:
2 People

This is, of course, assuming no ties.

You will need at least one day so everyone can send in orders for night 0 - assume you start the 1st of the month, post the thread at 10am and signup is finished at 3pm. The deadline is 12 noon so you need to leave one day, putting night 0 deadline at 12 noon on the 2nd.

The game will finish in about five or six days from there - on about the 7th/8th. Leave another day for procrastinating over who'll host the next one and you should be done by the 9th - turnaround time is eight days or so.

Also, EURO, your chart is wrong. After night 0 you will have 16 players, and after night 1 you will have 14 players. Assuming no ties.

You will need at least one day so everyone can send in orders for night 0 - assume you start the 1st of the month, post the thread at 10am and signup is finished at 3pm. The deadline is 12 noon so you need to leave one day, putting night 0 deadline at 12 noon on the 2nd.

The game will finish in about five or six days from there - on about the 7th/8th. Leave another day for procrastinating over who'll host the next one and you should be done by the 9th - turnaround time is eight days or so.

Also, EURO, your chart is wrong. After night 0 you will have 16 players, and after night 1 you will have 14 players. Assuming no ties.

Night one is when the wolves first hunt and the seer first scans. I don't do "night 0"

Do you see a Night 0 in his post? He obviously used Night 1 for it.

I must say I quite enjoy RPing while playing a villager. And I think Im starting to see Kiwi's point about villager being the best role in the game. Having played as a wolf I must say it is quite a harrowing experience. Especially when you realise theres an infiltrator in your mega-pack.

I must say I quite enjoy RPing while playing a villager. And I think Im starting to see Kiwi's point about villager being the best role in the game. Having played as a wolf I must say it is quite a harrowing experience. Especially when you realise theres an infiltrator in your mega-pack.

I used to like villager more, then I ended up playing wolf half the time and got used to it.

It's harder at first, but once you're used to it, it really gets fun. The only part I dislike about it is something completely unexpected happening. Like getting killed by a hunter =/

Being a wolf is all about the thrill of being undercover. Seer scans diminish this thrill somewhat, but you get that good feeling when you manage to avoid being pinged by analysis.

I like being a villager as well. You do not have to be stressed about things you say or people you vote. I even think that I can play a villager enough not to be suspected. Yes, in the CXII I sometimes missed that I was absolutely out of any non-public events and I thought that it pretty sucked that the 'JL' decided to lynch me only to reduce the number of unscanned villagers...but still, I enjoyed the game.

I used to like villager more, then I ended up playing wolf half the time and got used to it.

It's harder at first, but once you're used to it, it really gets fun. The only part I dislike about it is something completely unexpected happening. Like getting killed by a hunter =/

Kingepyon, have you won a game yet?

Your first game was the same as mine (we signed up within an hour of one another). Yet I have not won any games.

It helped not creating a giant tie that got most of the village population killed. I also haven't spent an entire game voting for myself :p

A part of it is luck though. Who the wolves hunt and who they don't. I've been hunted night 0 or 1 3 to 4 times as well.