• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"brutal" is needed or else what is to stop a JL if it forms when both doc and GA is alive? You could even get a seer as JL spokesperson and a JL forming around him on day 2.

Insta-JL is a game killer. The game is no fun for villagers how only get to follow a JL spokesperson or for the baddies who must blindly try to hit the GA/doc before they can even attempt to get at the JL spokesperson or the seer (in the lucky event the sorcerer has found him and hooked up with the wolves).

GA/Doc might not be 100% guaranteed save. In WW big, Seer can't scan everyone by himself, so hardly a JL could be formed like you say. Also, there is Cursed (and blessed/lover/doc provoking no-hunts,which have the same mental effect) trait, to counter this.

EL, your idea is interesting. Obfuscating identity after death, without a choice (so people won't be assumed to be baddies by voluntarily concealing identity). I still dunno if the people themselves should be aware they have that trait or make it hidden...

I liked the spy trait too. But it requires a GM that can handle it.

The spy is worth maybe 50-75% of a scanner so to not get a game where everyone is a scanner and the baddies have no chance you'd have to have maybe 3 goodie spys but no priest/seer, 1 seer and 1 goodie spy or 1 priest and 2 goodie spies. Similarily having a baddie spy in each pack would replace the sorcerer.

Also the clues must be difficult but not impossible and the GM needs to be able to vary them so "he has a hidden agenda" doesn't necessarily mean "cultist" because the last spy result that said so was on a cultist.

Yes, that is the catch. The GM has to be able to handle it. I5 was great at it. Try and decode this, the results of a Spy order from I5:

Last night, you followed the_hdk as he slipped out of his house at night. Along the way, you saw Jamie550 lurking around in the shadows (strange, you think to yourself, but not germane to your mission tonight). the_hdk slips into J. Passepartout's house. You wait outside.

A sudden crash behind you startles you. You turn to see what it was. Jamie550 is running away from it; the_hdk emerges from J. Passepartout's house and flees the other way. The light in J. Passepartout's house is on, but you don't get a chance to see if anyone is home. You run straight back to your house and hope no one saw you on the way.

Last night, strange things happened.

Wonderfully vague yet detailed, and with about half a hundred possible outcomes. HDK was the priest and he scanned JPas that night if I remember it correctly.

Jamie was a witness I think.

I don't really see the need to reinvent the wheel.
If brutal and leader were good enough for me, they should be good enough for meddling kids like reis :mad: :p

You know, I don't have strong opinions about the roles being debated here, but I'd love to take a look through AOK's secret WW archive.

I have some real treasures stashed away. Here is a PM from newbie Jonti in WWL VIII.

AOK. 11 said:
jonti-h said:
AOK. 11 said:
jonti-h said:
dublish said:
Any thoughts on the WWLite game? One more vote is required to kill me. I've been in contact with AOK for a while. He's shown doubts about my guilt and is leaning toward an Ironhead/Bodvar team. I'm not sure about Bodvar, and I've been losing my trust in AOK for a couple of days now. What do you think?

I can only give you my word that I'm innocent, as I doubt threatening that the game will end if I am lynched will do anything to convince you. I've stated my case against Ironhead, so do as you will.
This is what I got this morning.
I don't know what to think.
He can't think I am a wolf (which I am not) and and he would make a definate accusation if he was a wolf.
He would make a definate accusation of an innocent (as he tried to earlier)

Somehow I think this exonerates him - but am I thinking too much?

It looks he is trying to destroy the trust we have in each other. He seems just to accuse me to you, and accuse you to me. He has never really accused us in public. :D

In any case I am leaning toward Bodvar as well. It seems to me that he is a sure wolf now. dublish and Ironhead are tearing into each other, so surely they are not parters. (Or it is a wonderful performance to set the other up after the other dies.)

If you vote Bodvar, then I will too. It seems to me to be a Bodvar/Ironhead cabal.

We can still win!

Sincerely,
AOK

I think I can put dublish's desperation down to him being a new player.

Anyway, Bodvar has virtually confessed, and I have voted him.
If I die tonight - please lynch Ironhead!

I am certain that he will take me down tonight. I have accused him, and now almost voted him to his death, and now have voted to kill his likely partner. Our PM exchange got heated toward the end, and I bet he will take me down with him. :( I doubt you will go. It is either me or dublish, if ironhead is indeed Bodvar's partner. I bet Ironhead will join us in our vote trying to save his own ass tommorow. We cannot let him fool us. But now, we must lynch Bodvar. If I fall, I know you will know what to do.

Sincerely,
AOK

Newbie AOK-wolf talking to newbie Jonti about newbie dublish. "The trust we have". "We can still win!"

How very quaint. It was a much simpler time back then. :)

Seems a lot of people keep WW PM archives, probably because the need to keep the inbox cleared. Maybe we should all dig into ours to find some more pearls.

Seems a lot of people keep WW PM archives, probably because the need to keep the inbox cleared. Maybe we should all dig into ours to find some more pearls.

That is a wonderful idea. Here is my favorite. The Tooth sent me this after GMing The Blue and Grey Wolves and seeing me blow up a wolfpack without the Seer. I think he was drunk.

Thistletooth said:
AOK. 11 said:
I did pretty good, yea? :D

Dude, if I was a woman, I'd totally let you have your way with me after this performance. :D

Try and beat that. :D Everybody dig up their favorite piece of WW insanity and post it. Lets go.

Try and beat that. :D Everybody dig up their favorite piece of WW insanity and post it. Lets go.

I think the PM euro send me when he was a wolf and accidentally included me (the Seer) in the recipient list tops my list by a fair margin ;-)

Here is another good one. The PM that led to the biggest tie in Werewolf history. Operation Barbarossa, Werewolf Addition, from walrus's Konigsberg game.

antracer said:
Attention...!

Loyal German Troops...
It is with great honor that I address you this day.
This is a glorious day for the Fatherland, for tonight our enemies will know what it is to suffer defeat...!

In this order you will find a list with your name on it.
In order to accomplish this task, you must do your part.
You must follow your orders to the letter.
Do not deviate. Do not waver. Do not fail...!

Do not pay any attention to what happens in the thread.
You must ignore anything you think is happening there.
At the end of the day it will not matter...

Preferably towards the end of the day, nearer to the deadline, you must place your vote.
You may place any vote prior to this one to play along and mislead the enemy.
In fact, it encouraged if you can play in the thread with votes during the day, as it will confuse them.
However, by the deadline you must change to the name on the list below.

This is important...
When you change the vote...
GIVE NO REASONS, GIVE NO EXPLANATIONS...
Just change your vote.
A simple "VOTE PLAYER X".

You must vote the name on the list assigned to you ONLY.
Do not try to band wagon or change your vote to double up someone else.
It's a sure sign you're a baddie and the move will get you shot in the head. Translation, executed... ie, "dead"...

Here is the vote list:

Slinky--> Raczynski
antracer--> trespoe
Jopi---> jonti-h
THE_SPLIT--> Xarkan
AOK. 11--> randakar
Kriszo--> snow white
vLN--> the_hdk
Nautilu--> Syber v2.0 (Teep)

If you really want to swap a vote with someone as payback to your favorite pain in the a**, PM each other and switch.

Just make sure you both vote for the other's guy so each player receives ONE and ONLY ONE vote.

Each name must get ONE vote for the massive tie...!

Only snoopdog will remain alive because of his brutal trait.

Any questions can be addressed to me (spokesperson) or AOK (JL rep)

Thank you for your support in a truly epic win...!

T

I wonder what happened to antracer. He was an excellent player for the short time he was around. :(

I wonder what happened to antracer. He was an excellent player for the short time he was around. :(

Neat.
I bloody should have PM'ed you the moment I saw that vote of yours on me, telling you to stop doing whatever it was.
I was the only real innocent person in that tie. You may not have listened, but still the attempt should have been made ..

These are from my oldest PM save file, from 2006 and Werewolf XX, when I had my first scanner role and obviously role played even with the GM.

johho888 said:
Ok, so Old professor types and robots didn't work for Ella.
For tonight she has set her eyes on a knight and not just any knight but Kriszo the Black Knight.
Could he be a soul mate or is he a supporter of evil?

johho888 said:
Ella has a thing for nobles (even if they are german) and wants to spend this night with von Loch Ness. Ella is starting to feel like a bad girl, new men every night.

johho888 said:
Read the rules and saw that I can't scan inmates so no peaking into mr Hasselhoff's speedos tonight.
I wonder what that was all about? :eek:

johho888 said:
Ironhead 5 said:
johho888 said:
Ironhead 5 said:
Sorry, Ella, you just seem to have bad luck with men. :(
But at least I'm good with animals! :)

My good fairy goodmother Mandy always told me to have an open mind about these things so tonight I want to stay with the halfelf, Mr. Spock (Arilou).
Not a sorceror, not a cultist, not a sorceror's apprentice.
Being almost the only female here on this tropical island how is it possible not to get lucky at least once in a while? Grrr! Tonight I wish to try my luck with the Booth Brothers (J. Passerpartout). The more the merrier and I think Edwin has a thing for me so maybe tonight's the night?

Not anything fantastic but a different kind of PMs than AOK's.

Here is another good one. The PM that led to the biggest tie in Werewolf history. Operation Barbarossa, Werewolf Addition, from walrus's Konigsberg game.

I remember that, it was beautiful :D I'm sure walrus never intended the Colonel role to be used like that when he wrote the rules. I don't know if I have PMs from the one game where I started as an apprentice, got scanned by the seer, then turned. That was a great game, I spun such a web of lies. I lost my pack very quickly, but everyone believed me to be the JL. Every day I just found a new person I "had scanned last night", contacted him, and directed the voting via him. When my lies were starting to get out of hand, that person would get hunted the next night. It all culminated to the last day, where my perfectly created story was to have its finale: there was only one player left I hadn't "scanned", so he must have been the remaining wolf (for all this to add up, I even had to fake forgetting to send in a scan order). But not finding a wolf for 5-6 days caught up with me, and I was executed in a tie with the last "unscanned" player :( I'll have to dig through if I have anything from that game, I don't usually store PMs.

aok do you also keep profiles like I know thistle did?

I used to keep fairly detailed profiles when we had a crew of steady players. As time went on though and the faces changed, and then changed constantly I stopped. Now I just keep the best PM I have of each player in a separate text file so I can forge something if I need to and get the style right. Otherwise, I just keep the important points in my head. Nothing much on paper anymore.