• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Boris has been run up for three days in a row. I think it's time to let him go and let the seer handle him. Instead, why not string up tamius, who has voted Boris for FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. I mean it's perfect - you're always voting for a plausible candidate, but if you die there is very little to go on analysis-wise.

Vote tamius

Boris has been run up for three days in a row. I think it's time to let him go and let the seer handle him. Instead, why not string up tamius, who has voted Boris for FOUR DAYS IN A ROW.

Well, some of us feel strongly on Taii and Boris being suspects, not mounting much of a defense... except an occasional "this is annoying".

They continue to be run up because others get lynch in their stead... like the gardian angel for example.

Well, some of us feel strongly on Taii and Boris being suspects, not mounting much of a defense... except an occasional "this is annoying".

They continue to be run up because others get lynch in their stead... like the gardian angel for example.

What defense can I use...? There's not much of a case against me in the first place.

I agree about boris, but I don't have any reason to change my mind about taii. Unless "going to be lynched but there was an outing" is a good reason to not suspect someone is a wolf.

If we look at day 2, we have these votes:

Day 2

(7) Nautilu - esemesas, randy, Taiisatai64, Eternaly_Lost, trespoe, the_hdk, johho
(6) trespoe - Rendap, Kingepyon, The_Split, The Arch Mede, Nautilu, Sedracus
(4) Rendap - J.Pass, Thandros, Falc, jacob-lundgren

In order to help their pack, an IRA wolf (red) would likely vote either trespoe or Nautilu in order to do so. However, on day 1 we have these votes:

(8) Mr. G - Boris, Kingepyon, THE_SPLIT, Sedracus, johho, AVN, snoopdogg, esemesas

Every one of those votes, except esemesas, was important in getting Mr. G lynched. Notice how all of the remaining people who voted trespoe also voted Mr. G. If we take johho out of the first group as a red wolf (seeing as how johho helped lynch Mr.G) we're left with the group as highly probable red wolves:

esemesas
randakar
Taiisatai
the_HDK

Seeing as how, on day 2, you happily switched from the_split to nautilu once nautilu gained some popularity in the votes, doesn't speak in your favour as well. That is my case against you, and against anyone on that list as well. I think anyone on that list is an excellent target.

I don't know. His behaviour just doesn't seem to match the modus operandi of a baddie.
I'm not saying the analysis isn't good, mind - It is - it's just that his whole "there can't possibly be a case against me" attitude doesn't really jive with it.

Boris has been run up for three days in a row. I think it's time to let him go and let the seer handle him. Instead, why not string up tamius, who has voted Boris for FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. I mean it's perfect - you're always voting for a plausible candidate, but if you die there is very little to go on analysis-wise.

Vote tamius

He isn't showing up on either TAM's or Kings lists though, isn't he? Why not?

What defense can I use...? There's not much of a case against me in the first place.

That's a piece of bull, Taiisatai. The case against you is that your vote on Nautilu made a lot of sense for a wolf from either pack to place, and that some of your behaviour is seen as suspicious as well.
That's a perfectly legitimate case. Much better than the type of case we see in the first few days of voting, in fact.

(Yeah, by that logic, i'm a suspect too. Which is perfectly legitimate. I don't really have much of a defense, other than "as a baddie I'd have sold out someone by now". :p)

Good evening and welcome to Newsnight, Professor Wood

Thank you Jeremy, and may I say what a pleasure it is to converse with a fellow historian.

So, Professor, what is there about Churchill's Nobel Prize that makes it a worthy subject of your new TV series, due to be screened later this year on BBC2? Surely there is no mystery about the Greatest ever Briton ...

present company excluded, after all Churchill is not the only person to have written an excellent history of the English

... about Churchill being awarded a Nobel Prize. Who was more deserving?

You have as always, Jeremy, got straight to the heart of the matter. Why did it take so long? Nobel committees are notoriously dilatory about awarding their prizes, and until the release of the 1947 cabinet papers, everyone had assumed that was all there was to it.

Surely those were released a long time ago. 1977 to be precise.

Most of them were. But often the juiciest information is held back for longer. 1970 was too early to let the world know how close the cabinet were to appointing Halifax Prime Minister and following the French in surrendering to Hitler. Indeed many historians believe that the papers being held back till 2040 relate to that episode. The 1947 papers that have just been released show that the British Government had been given every reason to believe that Churchill was going to receive a Nobel Prize in 1948 and had indicated their support and encouragement for it. These days the Nobel Committees are happy to embarrass governments that are disliked by Norway and Sweden, but 1948 was a different era and they would not have awarded a prize without at least the tacit approval of the British Government.

So you went "In search of" the Nobel Prize Churchill should have got in 1948. Why not just wait for the 1948 papers? Surely they will provide the relevant information.

Maybe, maybe not. And if I was still waiting, the intriguing mysteries that I uncovered would not be revealed to the readers of my new book, out shortly from

I think you meant your new television series, to be shown shortly on BBC2.

Exactly, Jeremy. A writer such as yourself has an ear for the correct phrase. Which is why Amazon's 2 for 1 offer on your book and mine is such good value.

Perhaps you would answer the question about the Nobel Prize

It seems to be connected to the tragic death of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, who was said at the time to have succumbed to liver failure after one game too many of gin blackjack, but in the light of my research

which can be viewed shortly on BBC2

it seems that it may have been due to excessive Polonium in his gin rather than excessive gin. The late 40s was when the Cambridge Five spy ring had deeply infiltrated British Intelligence. Many of them were eventually indentified, and confessed but were allowed to remain in position as double agents due to the degree of embarrassment to the country that their exposure would have entailed. The 5th man has never been made public

until now?

You'll have to read my ...

... watch your series on BBC2

... to find out. Incidentally, there are also indications that Sir Stafford was being used by Atlee to negotiate with the IRA over full independence for Ireland, in much the same way as Churchill used him to negotiate with Congress over Indian independence. Was Churchill the 5th man? Did Atlee use the IRA to kill off a rival for the Labour leadership? You probably won't find the answers to these questions by waiting a year for the next batch of cabinet papers to be released, but you could ...

... watch your forthcoming series on BBC2.

Vote taii

Let's see taii today, we can do tamius tomorrow. Both cases seem to be pretty much equally valid.

That's a piece of bull, Taiisatai. The case against you is that your vote on Nautilu made a lot of sense for a wolf from either pack to place, and that some of your behaviour is seen as suspicious as well.
That's a perfectly legitimate case. Much better than the type of case we see in the first few days of voting, in fact.

(Yeah, by that logic, i'm a suspect too. Which is perfectly legitimate. I don't really have much of a defense, other than "as a baddie I'd have sold out someone by now". :p)

Call me Tai, I find it much friendlier ;)

And you're right, there is a legitimate case against me. I just don't have any real way to defend against it other than the fact that I am not a wolf...

Unofficial votecount (simple version) :

Taii : 5
Boris : 4
Tamius : 3
Randakar : 2
Johho : 1
Nautilus v2 : 1
AVN : 1

vote Taiisatai64
If anyone wants to sub for me then Im good with that 'cos Im way busier than I thought I was gonna be. Sorry.