• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have 37 messages in my PM box. 36 are from randakar, and the other is one I sent to him.

How do you have more than 30 PM's? I am only allowed to have 30....

Falc, I am sorry that two of the most important members of your JL were wolves! And randakar, I have to give all credit for this win to you. You co-ordinated everything and took over the JL for your own purposes, it was masterfully done.

1st Big win ever btw!

I have this big empty feeling of having wasted my time. :blink:

Dr. JL signing out from the crusade front. :blink:

So most innocent villager snoopdogg was going to get it anyway? :( Hmph.

Sorry. You were part of a list of 5 people who weren't part of the byzantines and not scanned as a villager by falc.
That list contained EL, you, sedracus, esemesas, and jacob. Esemesas and sedracus were very unlikely as a result of their voting history. We knew we could get parity, we just had to kill three people. I had Kiwi scan Jacob, I hunted EL, you we went after in the thread for lynching, and we also had a regular hunt on all of the above plus esemesas and sedracus just to be on the safe side :p

What really nailed your coffin though is that the Seer had a very similar list of suspects for largely the same reasons - except that it contained Tamius, the last Byzantine non-turned wolf.
He asked Taklagarn to name you and Tamius in the thread.

Its a crazy rule anyway, but having it hidden and not even openly known to the scanners that their apprentices can be turned is horrible.

For the record, I'm NOT a fan of it either. I was just as surprised as you are about it, when Falc told me he stole Taklagarn from Marty.
(I had no contact with the sorcerer walrus at the time ..)

*sigh* And I tried to have all important info going only to the seer.

Yes. You were a pro, in that regard.
Falc, however ..

You guys are lucky with all those no-hunt nights.

It foiled my Witness trait two nights in a row, and then it poofed, without profit.

I was wondering about the witness and the doc. So you were the witness. Who was the doc?

Having an actual wolf as a candidate alongside snoop? That was bold.

Not my idea - Falc asked Taklagarn to do that, and poor taklagarn had no choice but to comply. If he hadn't today would have gotten quite messy.
With 7 baddies we could manipulate the vote well enough to make that runup a bit of a non-starter, though :)

And once again, the claimed apprentices being turned ruins the game. When will you people learn...

Anyway thanks for hosting, hdk, first time I got blesses. Can we expect a GM AAR?

VOTE BORIS
for outing me xD

About that .. yeah, sorry. You were just waaaaay too obvious by then, and I saw no way to save you without endangering the rest of us.
Boris outing you was a bit drastic though :p

I have 37 messages in my PM box. 36 are from randakar, and the other is one I sent to him.

Like I said - my apologies :p
And you didn't get everything by a long shot.

Falc, I am sorry that two of the most important members of your JL were wolves! And randakar, I have to give all credit for this win to you. You co-ordinated everything and took over the JL for your own purposes, it was masterfully done.

Thank you.

I have this big empty feeling of having wasted my time. :blink:

Dr. JL signing out from the crusade front. :blink:

If it makes you feel better, I don't think this game was particularly balanced either. The whole turnable apprentice thing especially could have easily made this game swing the other way entirely, with the village steamrolling the baddies.
In fact, it got pretty close. Hearth and Yakman were kinda obvious, and EL wasn't terrible difficult to find either once the suspect list started to shorten. If I hadn't been turned when I was turned we'd have had a pretty effective JL going.

@Reis - thank you for passing on my name to him, and all the info. If EL hadn't contacted me with the Fatamid password yesterday I wouldn't have been certain that he was our man at all.
Would still have killed him today though :p

how can you have more than 30? :S

Run a big game and diplomacy game at once and then ask a forum admin to help because your PM box can't keep up otherwise :p

edit: I don't have more than 30, for the record.

@the_hdk - who was the no-hunt on day 6 on?

Presumably you were adding the pack's names to all the PMs you had outgoing?

Not quite. I had some PMs that were specifically targeting the cultists and the sorcerer, some PM's went to 'spectators' like rendap and marty so that they could keep laughing their heads off about what was truly happening in the game, and some PM's really needed falc to be in BCC because it was 'official' communication with people known to the JL like humancalculator ("priest"), Kiwi (seerish powers) and Paendrag (both of whom I asked to help us run up snoop and EL today, before Falc came up with that semi-outing of his, promising Paen that we'd "scan and claim him" tonight. Which was absolutely 100% correct :p )

So that 5 recipient limit really was a bother. For example, a PM to humancalculator, asking him who he'd "scanned" needed falc in bcc, and the_hdk on the recipient line, and then there wasn't a whole lot of room left.

Also, another tidbit: We lynched rendap ourselves, on purpose so he could kill marty with his brutal while marty was still unconscious. If marty had woken up and resumed scanning we wouldn't have been able to keep all of the apprentices ours. Or so we thought. We didn't count on falc stopping with claiming because he felt the turneable apprentices were too big a risk to have around. (Which is a really good point, when you think about it..)

The only real flaw with that plan was Hearth failing to do what I told him to do and voting Rendap too. If he'd done that the whole boris outing hearth thing might have been completely unnecessary.
(I'm not really convinced it was necessary at all as-is. It did deny the village a lot of information though ..)

So I read the update, asked the_hdk where my scan result was since I originally thought it hadn't arrived because I was lynched/hunted, turned the page... :laugh:

But apprentices were turnable and knew they were apprentices? Ouch.

@Reis - thank you for passing on my name to him, and all the info. If EL hadn't contacted me with the Fatamid password yesterday I wouldn't have been certain that he was our man at all.

At that point, as the lone Fatamid, as every other wolf and cultist was dead, it was my only chance. I really did not have any chance to turn it around after my packmates died looking at that list of turned people. I contacted you to get another day, hoping for a curse hit on the hunt or something else to turn things around. But they did not.

At least I got the seer for you.

My deepest, sincerest, utmost apologies to the_hdk and everyone who couldn't send orders for overflowing his mailbox last night. :p

Thank you. :)
I really was despairing of getting to the end of the game halfway day three though, what with a seer, a priest, 2 claimed apprentices, 2 unclaimed apprentices known to them, and a doc out there somewhere. Not to mention the fatamids knowing my name and reis lying about being spiritually attuned.
(I *really* wonder why that didn't trigger's falc suspicions ..)

You would still be safe, due to the chain PM thingy presenting many eligible targets for a leak...

My fault, I forgot to send in Boris's pm to EL when I outed myself, and I thought him a villager.

About tamius, I think that the GM should have allowed a hunt conditional on the lynch, as per the order of events. No idea if that was esemesas's intention, though.

Edit : Btw, marty overdid it a bit in the PM he sent me, as it became obvious he was the priest or in a JL with him. Randy later confirmed me. I actually entertained the possibility of outing him...

Last edited:
Thanks for a good game all. It was unfortunate that I had to die to assist the win (Sorry Marty, you deserved better but we had to do it this way or we'd have it put off by 2 days. Only alternative was Randy shooting you and that would alert Falc... :) )

It was a pleasure watching a Master at Work with Randy's PM-Bonanza! This really was your win! Also thanks to Hearth who changed the hunt to you... :)

At that point, as the lone Fatamid, as every other wolf and cultist was dead, it was my only chance. I really did not have any chance to turn it around after my packmates died looking at that list of turned people. I contacted you to get another day, hoping for a curse hit on the hunt or something else to turn things around. But they did not.

At least I got the seer for you.

Yeah. Sorry about that, but with a sorcerer scan clearing you of being a cultist I really had no choice regarding you.

You would still be safe, due to the chain PM thingy presenting many eligible targets for a leak...

That chain PM was send only to me and taklagarn - the priests' apprentice. And taklagarn never send it on.
Since I never send that one on to anyone but Falc, Steed, and my packmates I would have had a credibility problem if I tried to tell them that that was the source of the leak.
But .. nobody ever asked the hard questions.

My fault, I forgot to send in Boris's pm to EL when I outed myself, and I thought him a villager.

Boris contacted you as well?
That wouldn't have made much difference though, by the time EL contacted me I was so deep into preparing for parity that I doubt Boris would have kept any contact with EL to himself..
Besides, Boris's PM box might already have been full by then. And he hasn't been back ever since that Kiwi vote of his to empty it.

About tamius, I think that the GM should have allowed a hunt conditional on the lynch, as per the order of events. No idea if that was esemesas's intention, though.

I had a similar order early in the game when the telesien outing happened. "If telesien is lynched and turns out to be a seer or priest, shoot Johho". But the_hdk wouldn't allow it.
Other GM's allowed it in the past though, and in this particular case such a conditional order would have sped up the game and prevented a day of total bandwagoning.

Edit : Btw, marty overdid it a bit in the PM he sent me, as it became obvious he was the priest or in a JL with him. Randy later confirmed me. I actually entertained the possibility of outing him...

That might have helped later on when we were forced to use Rendap's brutal to kill Marty.

Also thanks to Hearth who changed the hunt to you... :)

Funny, you'd think Hearth wouldn't mind be kept alive, what with how I defended him earlier in the game.
So I thought you had been the one to send in that order - I was going after you, yakman, Suirantes, and reis in the thread by then. I've definitely done worse in the pinging baddies department. Too bad I had to find out I had been absolutely correct about these people by joining them .. :p

Oh, it's over?

Okay, so, my point of view:

On night 0 I scan Johho, not a wolf.
On night 1, I scan Telesien, a wolf.

So yeah, okay, I take a chance and trust Johho to do the outing. I mean, heck, at some point I need to jump in and trust someone, no? Might as well go early.

What was the result of all this?

1) We got a number of contacts, most intriguing of which were three people all telling the same story: unclaimed apprentices who were told their role by the GM. Very strange, but since it was the same story 3 times, we trusted it.

2) Out of the blue, Randakar contacts me and Esemesas, informing us he'll contact Telesien to pose as the Sorceror. He also contacts Johho independently to inform him he's a hunter and that he's doing this undercover sting on Telesien.

3) In hindsight, probably the one stupid move that doomed the village: NO WORD FROM THE PRIEST!!! Not even after Telesien gets lynched, proven a wolf AND Johho survives the night! Nothing!

Why is that so important?

Because after Johho gets hunted, I'm all alone again and with Adamus' Priestly Powers, I'm seriously doubting if there even is a Priest. Well, alone except for Randakar, who's doing things I can't imagine a baddie doing.

So I decide to trust him.

Which I was right in doing at that time since he was still a goodie. Too bad he was cursed and got turned the very next night :mad:

Further notable occurrences: me stealing the Priest's apprentice the very same night the Priest gets hunted (and saved by the Doc). Yeah, that was a shocker, by then I had taken Steed as my Apprentice and told him everything.

So I decide to trust him.

Which I was right in doing at that time since he was still a goodie. Too bad he was cursed and got turned the very next night :mad:

Hey, I don't particularly blame you for that. There have been situations in the past where I've trusted people with information baddies shouldn't have.

I'm not sure I would have done that in your particular set of circumstances, though. You had an apprentice, and a bunch of unclaimed apprentices in the wings. If you had had a little more patience you could have slowly build up a group of people that were cleared without risking giving other people more information than absolutely necessary. Yes, there was no contact with the priest, but there was very little you could do about that.