• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good luck guys. Look forward to this. :cool:

Ayeshteni

Do you have any influence from some major mod(s) in your design philosophy, or are you keeping the overall framework from vanilla?

Very nice! In particular the prospects of a new logistics system are great.

What I don't get is whether this will be a full price game, a low-price standalone game or an expansion, and how it will be distributed.

I'm looking forward to this. Will it use the final patch 1.3 which is still currently in Beta 2 stage? Or are you remaking the game so much that that won't matter? It seems to sound like the latter.

I wish you and your team the best of luck in your endeavor! :)

The 1.3 patch code and AOD are totally seperate - Patch 1.3 is not open to other developers yet (at least until final). So all bugs and issues where fixed by me...

More on that in Dev diary 1...

I realise you are working more on Interface ect, but what about in regards to Historical Events, will there be the vanilla amount or more?

Well we decided to stick with the vanilla events, instead of implementing one mod over the other.
But we did fix a lot of event related bugs and modefied and added some events for gameplay purposes. (so nothing like adding AGCEEP wich contained 10.000 events or in this case CORE etc)

The good news is that most 1.2 mods should still be compatible with AOD...

Do you have any influence from some major mod(s) in your design philosophy, or are you keeping the overall framework from vanilla?

The idea has always been to keep the HOI2 feel - at least all that made it fun.
What most mods tried to accomplish was to make a fix / workaround to a much too simple combat mechanic...
So instead of making such a wourkaround we just made it right in the first place ;) - and then balanced the game again with the real combat mechaniocs we came up with.

If there are any similarities to other mods (wich there will be, as many things are rather clear on "how it should have been" to every veteran HOI player ;) ) are purely coincedental.

Will this be adding any new nations?

For what it's worth, I'll most likely buy AoD so you guys can at least buy yourselves some beer or something. :p

Some questions:

- Did you touch the timeline in any way or allowed the timeline to be extended via simple text file modification??

- Any changes to the leaders?

- Are techteams as static as they were in HoI2 or is it possible to improve them over time?

I had more but I've seen the screenshot and I'm currently speechless, so... :)

Will this be adding any new nations?

We added a whole bunch of user new defined countries - but as the scenarios still are the same we didnt use any of them.
So if you are a modder - just go ahead and make some noise :cool:

For what it's worth, I'll most likely buy AoD so you guys can at least buy yourselves some beer or something. :p

Some questions:

- Did you touch the timeline in any way or allowed the timeline to be extended via simple text file modification??

- Any changes to the leaders?

- Are techteams as static as they were in HoI2 or is it possible to improve them over time?

I had more but I've seen the screenshot and I'm currently speechless, so... :)

1) We made techs to fill the 1950-1964 void that was HOI2
1b) Changing of timeline in external file is a good suggestion - i will make an issue to the team.
2) none i can remember now - there where made some modifications, but i cannot remember if any had any gameplay effect. ( i cannot remember all that has happened) I will look into it
3) Techteams can gain / loose skill and gain / loose traits/ specialities.
This is event driven and fully user moddable.

Quite intresting.

1) We made techs to fill the 1950-1964 void that was HOI2
1b) Changing of timeline in external file is a good suggestion - i will make an issue to the team.
2) none i can remember now - there where made some modifications, but i cannot remember if any had any gameplay effect. ( i cannot remember all that has happened) I will look into it
3) Techteams can gain / loose skill and gain / loose traits/ specialities.
This is event driven and fully user moddable.

Squee! :D Good call on the techs. Regarding the new countries - I understand they will not be present in the scenarios for obvious reasons, but will we be able to release them as puppets?

Oh, and an issue which, well, annoyed me to no end in HoI2: braindead puppets/allies. I think everyone is familiar with Hungary fielding massive armies in it's own capital. Unless military-controlled by the player, or sent as expeditionary forces, these troops never leave their country. Has anything been done to make AI more capable of assisting its allies on its own?

Looking forward to play this instead of that abomination HoI3. :cool:

WOW, the screenshots are just AWESOME!!!!!!

EDIT: OH YES!!!!! A new tab for trade!!! I am a lucky person :p