• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((ugh... have been away from these boards for far too long...

anyway, my recent rekindling of HoI3 seems like a good opportunity to join in on this AAR, and I would like to take over the U.S. Airforce as chief. While my experience so far has mostly been with land combat, I have always wanted to get my air game up.

also, my love for your NRI AAR Avindian makes me want to do this even more ;) ))

Last edited:
Senator Clark Gable of Florida

I cast my vote for the Beckendorf bill.

First of all, Senator, i would like to mention that i did mention warmongering in one of my statements, but if the Senator would read the enitre statement she would see that i take back the warmongering accusation in the same statement. I stand for that i called you a warmonger but you can't say that i am still now, i withdrew the statement as i said before and have not since uttered a word about it against you.

The Senator is advised to consider his statements thoroughly in the future. Regardless of whether or not he took it back, he still slandered Senator Rudolph's name, as well as my own, in such a fashion. The fact that he withdrew it in the same statement only shows that he wavers on his official stance, and that he clearly had no evidence to back up his scandalous claim.

Fruther you are the liar for calling me a liar and a blackguard, i have only said what i see as the truth.

Surely, the Senator agrees that anyone speaking something which is clearly not the truth is either a liar or a fool. Given that it is my clear view - one can dispute this point if one so wishes; I shall gladly await any opposition thereto - that his prior accusations were baseless, and that we - That is to say, Senator Rudolph and myself - had not acted in a militaristic fashion at any point in time, I am forced to decide as which I shall regard him. Given my respect for the Senator's intelligence, I am thus forced to deem him a liar.

I have said that the USA needs to modernize its military as its is old, not for purposes of war but just plain updating the current equipment to the current standards that exist. Secondly i call your bill Militaristic because you devot the enitre of your reaserch point on military techonolgies and doctorines, that is the reason why i call your BIll militaristic.

Senator Kenzington wishes to modernize the military, yet does not allocate sufficient funding to do so. Upon facing a bill wherein such funds are taken care of, he deems it militaristic. One might call the Senator intentionally malicious, but I shall restrict myself to deeming him rather confused as to the nature of the situation.

You are yet again a liar for calling me "Who panders to the German-American Bund". I have not done this, i merely told the senator that her current ideology is most compatible with Beckendorf's Bill. Beckendorf's BIll is not in no way supporting any violance and treason to our democracy, for this i call you a liar and very un-democratic for pushing down people when they utter what they believe, though it is not tolerable when they use violence on the streets for this.

I apologise if you have misunderstood me but your accusations are unfounded.

-Senator William Fitzgerald Kenzington

Allow me to present the following points, for all of the Senate to hear:

Senator Kenzington calls the Rudolph-Danner Bill militaristic, yet when faced with a Senator who openly supports an eventual allegiance with the Axis, and finds that our industrial spending should "concentrate mainly on Army and Air Force", he immediately declares that the Beckendorf Bill is "is the most representative of his ideology." Clearly, the Senator is well aware of which bill conceals the true militaristic intent.

When faced with my accusations that he was allying himself with a Senator who supported the allegiance with the Axis, Senator Kenzington attempted to hide this, stating that Senator Sinclaire "said that the Axis are always welcome, but not in what way," in spite of the original statement of the mentioned Senator being entirely unambiguous:

The Allies and the Axis are always welcome [Emphasis mine]

Furthermore, the Beckendorf Bill has the explicit support of Senator Heidelburg, representative of the infamous German-American Bund, who, as you might recall, were determined by Congressional Representative Samuel Dickstein to explicitly support a branch of Adolph Hitler's Nazi Party here in the United States.

Senator Clark Gable of Florida

I cast my vote for the Beckendorf bill.

A pity. May one inquire as to why the Senator would wish to go against all of his previously mentioned policies, vote across party lines, and leave behind the Bill about which he previously negotiated, all at the same time?

Senators, please try to keep this debate civil! Instead of engaging in personal attacks, let us examine the facts! As for the continual allegations from Senator Kenzington of my bill being militaristic, I would like to remind him that in terms of actual IC production the only difference between our bills is that mine will be far more effective in expand our nations industry! Senator Kenzington has continually called for modernization of our military. I agree. Even a cursory examination of our technological situation will find that our land and naval forces have slipped far behind the world average, while our industrial and aerospace expertise is unmatched! Thus, my bill focuses on modernizing our service arms that most need it: the army and navy. Furthermore, I would say that the Beckendorf bill is far more militaristic than mine as it engages in a massive, unnecessary diplomatic and espionage programs which recklessly diverts resources better spent on research to the recruitment of hundreds of spies and diplomats each year! Examine the facts senators, and the rhetoric! All Sen. Kenzington has done is call our bill "Militaristic," completely ignoring the the manifest advantages that I have offered! The Democrat bill is both wasteful and inefficient, while my bill offers more industrial expansion and military modernization without these wasteful projects!

anyway, my recent rekindling of HoI3 seems like a good opportunity to join in on this AAR, and I would like to take over the U.S. Airforce as chief. While my experience so far has mostly been with land combat, I have always wanted to get my air game up.

also, my love for your NRI AAR Avindian makes me want to do this even more ;) ))

((I'm sure Saithis would be pleased! Please PM him and let him know you're taking over the Air Force; I'll add you to the roster page. I'll need an OOB for the starting air force as well; you can PM that to me.

Votes are now

Beckendorf 6
Rudolf-Danner 3))

I must say that i am depressed by seeing your standpoint fellow state senator but i have to tell you that the expertise of Macartur is nothing here, he simply votes for the Rudolf-Danner Bill because it is so higly focused on militaristic standpoint.

...I have said that the USA needs to modernize its military as its is old, not for purposes of war but just plain updating the current equipment to the current standards that exist. Secondly i call your bill Militaristic because you devot the enitre of your reaserch point on military techonolgies and doctorines, that is the reason why i call your BIll militaristic.

-Senator William Fitzgerald Kenzington

With all due respect, Senator Kenzington, I fail to understand how modernizing our National Guard - which is, after all, an entirely reservist force, to be used only to defend the United States' sovereign territory - constitutes a 'militaristic' point of view. I assume you meant 'military,' which would be entirely accurate, as informing the Senate how its proposed legislation will affect the Army's capabilities is one of the chief responsibilities of my office, and I consequently take no offense at your well-intentioned statements.

As for your concerns about the purpose of updating our technology, the Rudolf-Danner bill is the only bill currently on the table that will enable us to modernize our infantry, cavalry, artillery, and armoured brigades simultaneously; under the Beckendorf bill, we will have to delay both our infantry and artillery modernization programs until the second half of 1936 at the earliest.

Best wishes,
Douglas MacArthur,
Chief of Staff of the United States Army

I trust the expertise of general MacArthur and after reading the bill he supports I have come to the same conclusion. Therefore I cast my vote on the Rudolf-Danner Bill.

Sincerely,
Senator Nathan B. Mount of the State of New York.

Senator Mount, I'm pleased that you found my expertise useful. I wish you and your staff all the best, and would be honored to meet with you if you ever need information about the Army's current and future development plans.

All the best,
Douglas MacArthur,

((Always pleased to have another minister on the team. Welcome aboard, Chimina! :) ))

((So that makes it that only chief of navy is left, hm?))

((And Arnaments Minister too, if I remember correctly.))

((I think Saithis is our permanent Chief of Navy, but I believe the Armaments Minister slot is still open.))

Votes are now

Beckendorf 6
Rudolf-Danner 3))

((Avindian - Sorry for bringing this up, but I thought the current count was 6-4. Did I count someone twice?))

((Yes, Armaments Minister is open if somebody wants it; Saithis is currently filling both roles, but has already told me he prefers to stick to the navy.

I have Danner, Rudolph, and Phillips voting for Rudolf-Danner.))

((Yes, Armaments Minister is open if somebody wants it; Saithis is currently filling both roles, but has already told me he prefers to stick to the navy.

I have Danner, Rudolph, and Phillips voting for Rudolf-Danner.))

((I'd feel it, but I doubt you'd let me both Senator and the Minister at the same time, so yeah. Plus I doubt you could mod a fictional minister in anyway.))

A pity. May one inquire as to why the Senator would wish to go against all of his previously mentioned policies, vote across party lines, and leave behind the Bill about which he previously negotiated, all at the same time?

Miss Danner! A pleasure to meet you. With regards as to why I voted for the Beckendorf bill I must admit the decision was not easy, in fact I kept changing my mind due to the merits of both bills. Despite the proposal promising to add more Americans into the workforce with all those planned factories for the next two years and research to the Air Force I found the Beckendorf bill much more appealing at the end of the day because of its balance of both building and modernizing our forces and the proposal not only plans to put more of our citizens back to work but also expands our armed forces all while emphasizing an isolationist policy. To seal the deal more research was promised for the air force as well. There is one small caveat I have with the bill, and that is the location where the factories are being built-- that is none in the South. Such is politics.

-Senator Clark Gable

Miss Danner! A pleasure to meet you. With regards as to why I voted for the Beckendorf bill I must admit the decision was not easy, in fact I kept changing my mind due to the merits of both bills. Despite the proposal promising to add more Americans into the workforce with all those planned factories for the next two years and research to the Air Force I found the Beckendorf bill much more appealing at the end of the day because of its balance of both building and modernizing our forces and the proposal not only plans to put more of our citizens back to work but also expands our armed forces all while emphasizing an isolationist policy. To seal the deal more research was promised for the air force as well. There is one small caveat I have with the bill, and that is the location where the factories are being built-- that is none in the South. Such is politics.

-Senator Clark Gable

If the Senator had watched the ongoing debates at all, he would have found me as avid a supporter of the Air Force as himself, albeit with a different focus. I fully support expanding it, relative to the other branches, but the simple truth is that this is impossible at current time! The question here is not one of intent, but of efficiency - The Beckendorf Bill simply won't work as described, and we cannot afford to gamble with the lives of Americans in the middle of this depression.

- Senator Elizabeth H. Danner

If the Senator had watched the ongoing debates at all, he would have found me as avid a supporter of the Air Force as himself, albeit with a different focus. I fully support expanding it, relative to the other branches, but the simple truth is that this is impossible at current time! The question here is not one of intent, but of efficiency - The Beckendorf Bill simply won't work as described, and we cannot afford to gamble with the lives of Americans in the middle of this depression.

I support Sen. Elizabeth H. Danner completely in what she says.

That may be true Senator Danner but looking back to the bill once again the R-D bill despite its focus on industry did not produce any specifics on production within the armed forces, while Beckendorf's bill states that after the industry is further developed, building priority will be divided up evenly among the armed forces. In the technological aspect the Beckdorf bill has allocated five research projects which I would assume is doctrine training in addition to the three updates to the fuel tank, frame and bombs. Unless I am mistaken. As for gambling the lives of Americans in the middle of this depression...I see no such thing considering BOTH bills have expanding our industries in mind. How to best utilize our resources in terms of resource allocation to the respective branches of our military is another matter however.

-Senator Clark Gable

That may be true Senator Danner but looking back to the bill once again the R-D bill despite its focus on industry did not produce any specifics on production within the armed forces, while Beckendorf's bill states that after the industry is further developed, building priority will be divided up evenly among the armed forces. In the technological aspect the Beckdorf bill has allocated five research projects which I would assume is doctrine training in addition to the three updates to the fuel tank, frame and bombs. Unless I am mistaken. As for gambling the lives of Americans in the middle of this depression...I see no such thing considering BOTH bills have expanding our industries in mind. How to best utilize our resources in terms of resource allocation to the respective branches of our military is another matter however.

-Senator Clark Gable

Senator Gable,

As this is a one-year budget and each new factory takes over one year to build, I deemed plans for unit construction to be beyond the purview of this year's bill. Senator Beckendorf's unit building proposals are effectively irrelevant as they cannot occur until next year, which will require a new budget. Technologically, the Beckendorf bill will waste leadership on a bloated espionage and diplomatic budget, and wastes research points on projects that are years out of reach. I strongly urge you to reconsider the bills again.

-Sen. Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

Senator Mount, I'm pleased that you found my expertise useful. I wish you and your staff all the best, and would be honored to meet with you if you ever need information about the Army's current and future development plans.

All the best,
Douglas MacArthur,

Thank you, I am certain one of my assistants will contact you in future to plan a meeting.

Sincerely,
Senator Nathan B. Mount of the State of New York.