• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
El Pip said:
Modding the event so it makes Japan a British puppet would be fair, given the circumstances. Removing the requirements for a three sided war is also not unreasonable.

at least in earlier versions japan accepted puppetization as a peaceoffer if you had the japanese main islands and korea. though not necessarily on the first try.

I will, I will! Actually I have a half update done. I will post it tomorrow. I have an old update, which have dragged behind.

The delay is because I still have problems with my computer. I got a blue screen and half on the RAM-mem were bad in some way. I hope I can run HoI2 on it without the RAM, otherwise I must get new RAM with further delay (my hard drive were really fragmentised too).

E. Jünger said:
at least in earlier versions japan accepted puppetization as a peaceoffer if you had the japanese main islands and korea. though not necessarily on the first try.

I need to pound Jpn a bit further. I got 50% in peace “force” (?) but I need 70% for making Jpn a puppet. Korea and Burma will contribute a bit to achieve this. The Philippines are really a job for the US, but I guess General Slim is my worlds Mac Arthur.

JASGripen: ..I have a half update done..

looking forward to it! ! :)

JASGripen: ..(my hard drive were really fragmentised too).

i use diskeeper to control disk frags. it is good. i don't like the price of it, but MS don't give ya much choice.

JASGripen: ..but I guess General Slim is my worlds Mac Arthur.

not Mac Arthur, Patton. Mac Arthur stinks (almost all lip and no brains.)

GhostWriter said:
JASGripen: ..I have a half update done..

looking forward to it! ! :)

JASGripen: ..(my hard drive were really fragmentised too).

i use diskeeper to control disk frags. it is good. i don't like the price of it, but MS don't give ya much choice.

JASGripen: ..but I guess General Slim is my worlds Mac Arthur.

not Mac Arthur, Patton. Mac Arthur stinks (almost all lip and no brains.)

I dislike Mac Arthur personally, but he's the man when it comes to the Philippines. Diskkeeper could be something for my. Really, it wasn't eons since I did disfrag, but almost the whole disc was shattered. On the other hand, my old IBM A31 is getting old, it's time for a stationary tower now.

And yes, it is fun that people actually look forward for the adventures in this alternate universe.

JASGripen said:
I will, I will! Actually I have a half update done. I will post it tomorrow. I have an old update, which have dragged behind.

then again that was a week ago...:(

lifeless said:
then again that was a week ago...:(

Oh yep, an update could be good.

Jasgripen why did you give me this adress?

Last edited:
JASGripen, 06-04-06: I will, I will! Actually I have a half update done. I will post it tomorrow. I have an old update, which have dragged behind.

would you be so kind mate as to give us an estimate of when to expect an update, or something? leaving us to hang ain't the best thing to do... ;)

even declaring the AAR dead is better than to be left hanging. ::sad::

and, thanks.

Phadishar: Jasgripen why did you give me this address?

it conveys to me that he is planning on an update soon! ! :cool:

Phadishar said:
Jasgripen why did you give me this adress?

You must have followed my tag. My e-mail adress is posted in a private message to you, check again and send me a mail.

GhostWriter said:
JASGripen, 06-04-06: I will, I will! Actually I have a half update done. I will post it tomorrow. I have an old update, which have dragged behind.

would you be so kind mate as to give us an estimate of when to expect an update, or something? leaving us to hang ain't the best thing to do... ;)

even declaring the AAR dead is better than to be left hanging. ::sad::

and, thanks.

Phadishar: Jasgripen why did you give me this address?

it conveys to me that he is planning on an update soon! ! :cool:

Yes I actually intended to continue the AAR, but... I lost the HoI2 installation when I changed computer (a comedy of my errors, I will not explain the process at any rate.)

So this AAR is... not dead... but finished.

Actually I can back this back paddling statement up. The thing with this AAR was to try a money generating strategy overall, UK chosen as they are good at generate money.

Those who have been kind to read the AAR have seen that the Diplomacy a.k.a. money strategy worked rather well. The Axis was demolished before the war as Italy went Allied and the Balkans became a mess from an axis perspective. Germany was subsequently conquered at an early stage by the UK and an early cold war commenced.

So far the money strategy worked well. But against the USSR you can’t do much diplomacy as UK, certainly not if you are at war with named country.

So the game fell back into a more normal AAR, without the real twist. So one can say that the experiment is over, the AAR is finished.

But now I am eager to start a DD with the same agenda. DD is much more interesting from a money strategy point of view, as you can do so much more with money. The Intelligence tab’s options aren’t powerful, but it is at least better than not having anything at all to do with your money.

I am glad that some people liked the AAR; I will try to follow others now, to get some inspiration for my coming AAR.

JASGripen said:
But now I am eager to start a DD with the same agenda. DD is much more interesting from a money strategy point of view, as you can do so much more with money. The Intelligence tab’s options aren’t powerful, but it is at least better than not having anything at all to do with your money.

Well, some of them can be fairly powerful - like the well placed assassins. Actually with enough money and persistence the whole slander/dissent rising could be very interesting. It any event it would be interesting to see how much more clout the money-producing would give you.