• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Desertfox !

Well, that is good point about Maya and Navaho.. Regarding offensive-defensive and sieging. Well, my first game was with full offensive also, but i was annoyed to siege Venice 5th level fortress several time for example (or Brabant). I couldn`t build enough fleet to kill Venice one (and they have much better navy tech) and i could never siege their capital. So with full offensive i need to build 25*5=125 artillery for 1 siege bonus.
Well, i prefer shock also (after i went defensive my cavalry sucked quite much), but imo defensive gives much more benefit for late stages of game. If i could start killing them in 1419 with cavalry , that wouldn`t be a problem
mog.gif

your "house rule" is honest one, but as i said in start of this topic, i thought i have to use this cheating.

well, new reports will follow soon
quickdraw.giff

ciao
Anton

Hi Tonioz,

Unless they changed the rules in 1.5 over 1.4,
10/fort level gives +1, 25/fort level gives +2, 40/fort level gives +3. So to get maximum bonus (+3) on a lvl 5 fort you need 200 cannon. I tested these rules.
Also I killed a Dutch fleet (who were 30+ naval levels ahead of me) of 5 warships within one day with 80+ galleys. When you have a huge numerical advantage, sometimes the game rules give an instant-kill. Not always, but then you can retreat and try again.

Hi Desertfox

so to gave +1 on full defensive i need 25 cannons :)

As to number of galleys - you saw my european territory - before taking France i have only Marche, Gascogne ports and from 1617 - Gerona. Hard to build there 80 galleys :) Later i built some fleet for blockading and if i remember correctly could beat finally whole Venice fleet (but takes much time).
But well Army-Defensive and Navy-Offensive settings seems to be linked - you`d better choose only one combination... After all your argue i start tention to take your part
girl.gif

Well, maybe i play another game with that - last times everything except MP becomes very boring very fast
burr.gif

ciao
Anton

My apologies, I meant:
(10 * fortress level) cannons are needed for +1 siege bonus
(25 * fortress level) cannons are needed for +2 siege bonus
(40 * fortress level) cannons are needed for +3 siege bonus

I meant multiply, not divide by.

Well, good luck. Defensiveness in 1.05 makes a lot of sense. There was a bug where cannon over the support limit paid 10 times the correct cost. Expensive no?

Good luck against the Pesky Europeans.

> Well, maybe i play another game with that - last times everything except MP becomes very boring very fast.

You said that you reload often (up to 6 times a year). Already in EU 1 I discovered that that is a real fun killer. Perhaps you could consider some house rules on reloading. I personally have a house rule that I don`t reload on a bad random event and also not on bad luck in battle.

1625-1699

Treasury - 15784 ducats. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 47, monthy income 324.9 with wartax (trade - 56.8, gold - 68.7), census taxes - 1031 with wartax, yearly income - 4862. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1631.rar.

With beginning of BB wars nothing to stopped me to destoy Maya, Cherockee, Shawnee, Kri, Zapotecs. My army - 89 + 61 thousands. Maintenance on 100% - 5.9 ducats per month. Made a piece with Aztecs and Dakota. Now at the war with Baden, Toscan, Britanny and Luxemburg... I invited Spain to alliance - i need reliable back. First period of BB wars is almost passed. Starting to reduce number of neighbors - only they declare war me.

Treasury - 16571. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 43, Quality - 5, montly income - 267.2 (trade - 57.7, gold - 68.7), census taxes - 1149 with wartax, yearly - 5500. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1632.rar.

Yikes, we are in piece now ! First cycle of BB wars is finished. AT next month Venice declares us war. Army - 94+56 thousands.

Treasury - 13867. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 50, monthly income - 291 ducats (trade - 56.6, gold - 68.7), census taxes - 523, yearly income - 4045. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1641.rar.

Wars with all around, using our spanish allies. Portugal lost half of South America provinces to us, Dacota and Iroques are annexed. Army 151+51 thousands.

1641.jpg

Treasury - 11759. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 46, monthly income - 327,5 äóêàòà (trade - 72.8, gold - 68.7), census taxes - 536, yearly - 4650. Stablity costs 1345 ducats. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1650.rar.

Hard wars with Austria, Saxony, Englands. I can`t concentrate on complete killing any side. Damn islands country like France and Venice - they have colonies, that are far and have big fortresses. Just after taking anything in Africa, local neighbors immediatly starts attacking. TPs are lost, damn Netherlands settled on these places. Luck of diplomats for making piece with all. Sometimes i accept not so good piece as i want just coz of that... Wartax is used only just before annexation. Land tech - 18, like Spain and OE. France - 20, Netherlands - 26, Austria - 21, Sweden - 24.

1650.jpg

Treasury - 8940. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 48, Quality - 7, monthly income - 416,3 (trade - 89.6, gold - 81.4), census taxes - 729, yearly - 5764. Stability costs 1672 ducats. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1664.rar.

Gained two Aztec provinces - my income allows that. 3rd level of trade and 4th one of infra are done. I own four provinces on west coast of South Africa, trying to stay there at any cost. Most english provinces are gained at North America, and 3-4 provinces in France - i tryed to minimize number of battle fields. Army - 143+80 thousands. Russia is taken in my alliance.

1664.jpg

Treasury - 10065. China got a loan from me. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 45, Quality - 8, monthly income 592 ducats with wartax (trade - 92.1, gold - 114.1), census taxes - 2256 with wartax, yearly - 9311. Stablity costs 1748. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1672.rar.

Aztec and Navaho are destroyed. Preparing attack on Kongo - i try to build army with very big difficulties - in some poor provinces i can build troops only with wartax, also supply limit is very low. Later i could assault Kongo with a lot of efforts... Sweden dipannexed Hannover, dammit... I could concentrate now at one war and took half of Saxony, before 6-8 years passed and a lot of rebels started to appear. Not trying to go to Austria - they mountains are big headache.

Treasury - 13147. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 46, Quality - 8, monthly income - 441 (trade - 105.8), census taxes - 887, yearly - 7250. Stability costs 1890 ducats. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1677.rar.

Kongo is taken, now i can build serious army at the local place. Saxony is almost crushed, Sweden gives me much problems... Not demanding Flandria from Holland - i get % and take their TP and colonies trying to limit their expansion as most as possible. Land tech : Chimu, Spain - 21, Portugal, France - 23, Holland and Sweden - 28, Turkey - 19, England - 24, Russia - 17, China - 18.

Treasury - 6749. Forgot to notice, that i built about 12 refineries. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 39, Quality - 10 (recruits per month 39*1.0/12=3,25), monthly income 642 (trade - 132.2, gold - 115.3), census taxes - 1019, yearly - 8750. Stability costs 2261 ducats (i have 25 fine of arts already). Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1694.rar.

Portugal have nothing in South America, but two cities with low supply limit. Saxony is left with capital only. North and Central Germany almost whole belongs to us. Something gained from Austria, now i have nice position to make big attack on her. West of South Africa is ours, preparing attack to Benin. 3rd naval tech, 4th trade and 5th infra are made, some investmenets goes to treasury. Army - 259 + 60 thousands + 30 artillery - maintenance on 100% - 25,7 ducats per month. Alliance with Russia was negative point for Russia - they lost some provinces to Sweden.

1694.jpg

Treasury - 4521 ducats. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 40, domestic settings are not moved anymore, monthly income 660 (trade - 140, gold - 119), census taxes - 947, yearly - 8826. Stability costs 2360 ducats. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1699.rar.

Benin is mostly taken. Sweden is invited to my alliance. One province from Poland is taken. Wine province in Crimea is ours :)
France is left with Mauritania - province with 5th level of fortress and base tax value as 1. I can watch like fool on shown supply limit "2". What a .... , for sieging i need 25 thousands.

Originally posted by Tonioz

France is left with Mauritania - province with 5th level of fortress and base tax value as 1. I can watch like fool on shown supply limit "2". What a .... , for sieging i need 25 thousands.
This made me smile :)

Keep up the good work. The title should be changed, though. A possibly more descriptive thread title would be: "The Loansharks of Chimu: How The World Was Bought" :D

well, except dirty play with Inca at 1419 - ~1530, i gave not more than 4-5 loans after that, so the better name would be "How to buy the World for Incas money"
dan.gif

but in fact all this is quite boring, the most interesting was early jumping to Europe
lam.gif

1699-1742. The End

Treasury 11157. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 41, monthly income 726 (trade - 157, gold - 118), census taxes - 1197, yearly income - 10239. Stability costs 2592. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1705.rar.

Most investments go to land tech, something - to trade and infra. Part of Poland is grabbed.

Treasury 6705. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 43, monthly income 804 (trade - 176, gold - 126), census taxes - 1256, yearly income - 10855. Stability costs 2881. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1715.rar.

6th trade level is achieved, 6th infra one is almost done. Holland, who took some spanish provinces (i made piece separately), gave me Andalussia with CoT and shipyard. Austria is reduced a lots, Poland is left with capital only. Also i got 4 provinces in Crimea region.

Now bordering with two province of France in Croatia and Banat. Building colonies near Zimbabwe. Gathering troops and navy in South-East Asia.

Treasury 10702. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 44, monthly income 887 (trade - 185, gold - 133), census taxes - 3974 with wartax, yearly income - 15566. Stability costs 2935. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1718.rar.

Benin is annexed, Songai is left with capital. Yeah, France gave us Nouakchot - Mighty fortress with 1 base tax, so i could never siege/assault it.

1718.jpg

Treasury - 11389. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 45, monthy income 1004 (trade - 202, gold - 140), census taxes - 1455, yearly income - 13464. Stability costs 3299. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1726.rar.

Marocco is mostly taken, Austria is left with Vienna. Poland is annexed, OE gave me a lots. 7th level of infra is made, almost achieved 36th land tech. Leader Sweden has 38.

1726.jpg

Treasury 21756. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 63 (7 barracks on cores are built), monthly income 1104 (trade - 217, gold - 157), census taxes - 4754 with wartax, yearly income - 19206. Stability costs 3535. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1735.rar.

France, Zimbabwe and Marocco are annexed. 42th level of land teach is done, Sweden has 40. I start to pay more for pre-researchment of land techs. OE is splitted on pieces by me.

Treasury 15214. Inflation - 0%, manpower - 64, monthly income 1206 (trade - 253, gold - 160), census taxes - 1638, yearly income - 15530. Stability costs 4573. Save - http://www.sim-racing.ru/Chimu/1742.rar.

Land tech - 44 (Sweden - 42), navy - 11, trade - almost 8, infra - 8. Army - 491 000 infantry, 149 000 cavalry, 620 artillery, maitenance on 100% - 108 ducats per month. Navy forces - 81 warships, 37 galleys, 68 transports, maintenance on 100% - 16.4. I`m making war at north-west Africa, west Asia, Ireland, China, getting close to Zanj, after that i could make war only with Oman and Mameluks, and then i should turn to east only, where land techs are much better and fotresses are lighter.

At this time i was bored completely... It was not understood if i can make the task - world conquering before 1819. Spain and Sweden were still alive, i just started to make war with Scotland and later England to erase them. Also the war in China - i have 96K army there and try to expand... But 50 land tech is quite near, so i won`t make much attrition, that gives benefit for poor sweden, asia and africa provinces. Also my econimic can allow ne to have big army with a lot of artillery.

So, in conclusion i think i could achieve my goal - WC, but i was tired and bored. 2nd season of Russian League was just started, so i abandon this game. If anyone wants - he can continue.

ciao
Anton

1742a.jpg

1742b.jpg

1742c.jpg

1742d.jpg

1742e.jpg

1742f.jpg

Nice game, Anton :) I just read it with lots of interest. I also tried to WC with Zapotecs and Aztecs @ 1.05, but closest I got was with Lenape @ 1.07.

Thanks for lots of good ideas on how to break through in Europe. I will try to use them in my current EEP Inca game...

Will look forward for another AAR from you - this one was a very enjoyable read. Fast and clear.

Cheers,

Sasha.

I think it's doable, particularly now you have some conscription centres. You would have needed to get going into China pretty soon, though diploannexing might have been possible. I can see why you stopped though.

Nice going anyway.

Hey Sasha !

i sent you PM before, it would be great if you join our community, i was shocked that such hi-class player didn`t visit snowball.ru eu2 forum yet :)

> Nice game, Anton :) I just read it with lots of interest. I also tried to WC with Zapotecs and Aztecs @ 1.05, but closest I got was with Lenape @ 1.07.

I read that month ago only :) After that i tried Iroques a bit in 1.07b 23 july, found good way to speed first level of infra (about 1443) and trade.

> Thanks for lots of good ideas on how to break through in Europe. I will try to use them in my current EEP Inca game...

Damn, i`m doing the same last two weeks (1.07b 23 july) :) Crook events for Incas are cheat in fact - it is too easy. I am at 1500 atm and was near to annex Portugal, but they start build new cities :(

> Will look forward for another AAR from you - this one was a very enjoyable read. Fast and clear.

I`m thinking to post short tactic explanation how to beat Castile for Granada in 1419 without reloads at all and with garantee, if Castile attack at jan 1419 (version 1.05)..

Thanks, and i hope to meet you in real life also, join our LAN games, they are really nice :)

ciao
Anton

China`s a bitch. They have many hundreds of points worth of provinces so one should do multiple wars. It is best to start in time otherwise one needs to break truces to get all provinces in time; a -7 stab hit can really hurt rebel-wise if you have 5 or 6 religions in your empire.

The other option is to arrange a turbo-annex, but you need a lot of forces to assault through all those low-supply Chinese provinces.

so best to attack it at 16xx :)

Each merchants, who could settle there, give us whiteman +1. After we get whiteman=5...
Can you see your whiteman value in-game, or do you have to peruse the save file to find that info?

that can`t be seen in game, only at save

Originally posted by Ulyanov
What is whiteman? I've just looked at your screenshots, so I haven't read about this...

That is the hidden value which prevents North American states from building cavalry or ships (I don't remember about artillery?) and hinders technological progress. It gets lower by trading in Europe or fighting Europeans.

So, in conclusion i think i could achieve my goal - WC, but i was tired and bored. 2nd season of Russian League was just started, so i abandon this game. If anyone wants - he can continue.

OR change to 1.07 betas and get rid of the 'smack-a-rebel' and get to build CCs in all provinces that you can get MP from, IIRC.

I changed from 1.05 to 1.07 and completed a WC and the latter parts were a breeze to play through - just fast, furious and fun :)