• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tur4

Sergeant
81 Badges
Jan 8, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Which ones are best? Which do you like the best? Which are useless?

The one that gives loyal counselors is nice. Its not every time. But it seems about 50/50 chance of a counselor being loyal.

In theory I like the one about not being injured as much in battle but haven't really noticed much difference since most of my characters are in warrior lodges and get that effect anyway. But maybe if my descendants convert to another religion it might be useful?

The dog one seems the most useless since if you take the hunting focus you can get a dog that way. And I think you are limited to one dog in your life right? So I usually wait until my character is 50-60 to take it and then getting +2 health (1 from hunting 1 from dog) will allow them to make it to their 70s. Just seems to give more control over when you get the dog.

The raider one that gives you higher chance of looting items is nice. But I usually don't want it since I usually get the conqueror forged bloodline since that one is the easiest one to get and pretty nice. But I'm pretty sure they don't stack so getting the warrior version of it seems to be a waste. Its too bad that you don't get some major prestige owning some holy relics from an enemy religion. On my current playthrough I have the robes that the pope wears, and finger of saint john. I think I should be able to get some serious prestige or piety from owning/destroying them and catholics should be able to get a casus beli on me to "retrieve the stolen great relics" and a ton of piety/prestige if they are successful. I think it would be cool and make the item system a lot more interesting if those were things. Missed opportunity.

The battle bard with specific events is odd. I have had it before but can never tell if its a benefit or not. Would I have dot a better event perhaps without it? I also don't remember exactly what they do since I only had it once a long time ago but remember not being impressed.

The commander bonus one is nice, but not amazing.

The smith one is another of those that are nice, but nothing to write home about.

Overall I think the loyalty one is the best from a min/max perspective. But from a fun perspective I like the idea of not being injured in battle as often if I had any plans on changing religions down the line.

The warrior lodge bloodlines are easy to stack (even 2 per 40-50 year rulership, if you want), so I don't normally care too much about which specific one I get.

Correction to OP: The hunting bloodline is intended to allow you to find a second dog after your first one dies. But the event is broken, so it never happens. Oops.

I just posted on reddit but the hunting dog bloodline is broken

mod that (sorta) fixes it is in my sig.

Last edited: