• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is anyone else encountering a CTD after AUS victory over PRU in the seven weeks war and just after the SGF forms but whilst the various states decide to join.

Italy has not formed - Sardina, Tuscany are satillites. Does that matter?

I don't think ITA existing is an issue.

can you post the last few lines of your history log before the CTD

There were no error code. Just CTD. Had it been a "normal" error, I'd locate it myself and try to do something about it. :)

Will try that. :)
Yeah, let us know if the error persists or not.
Is anyone else encountering a CTD after AUS victory over PRU in the seven weeks war and just after the SGF forms but whilst the various states decide to join.

Italy has not formed - Sardina, Tuscany are satillites. Does that matter?
I haven't encountered this bug. Does it happen repeatedly for you? Do any of the German nations not exist? What has happened in Italy should be of no concern to this chain.
Is there a way to tell if VIP is actually running instead of regular Ricky? Like a version number somewhere or something? I followed the directions but leaders still cost me 20 to recruit so im thinking it might not be working.

Sorry for being a newb.
If you see the world full of colours with lots of new nations, that's VIP! :D Seriously though, I'd just remove the vanilla campaigns and their supporting events and AI files, etc... as they are essentially just wasted space (the vanilla scenarios are buggy with VIP installed since there is no mod-dir function available on Vicky, hence the recommendation of a seperate copy of the game on your desktop or somewhere seperate).

But yes, as OHgamer says, the scenarios with "VIP" at the start are the VIP games. Check Spain for a nation called "Carlist Spain" which should be at war with "Spain". If you see this nation then it is just one tell-tale sign you are playing VIP:R and not plain V:R.

again, sorry for my broken english

----------------------------------

file: leaders.brz

line 94
picture = brz_adminar_tamandare
>picture = brz_adm_tamandare

line 468
picture = brz_adm_costa_jesuino
>picture = brz_adm_costajesuino

line 522
picture = brz_adm_costa_jose
>picture = brz_adm_costajose

line 540
picture = brz_adm_wandenkolk_jose
>picture = brz_adm_wandenkolkjose

file: HAW_party.csv

Conservative Party and Workers Party Of Hawaii have same party id(14006)

file: VIP_Paraguay.txt

event 246014

trigger :
flag = { name = flg_solano value = 1 }

should be local_flag = { name = flg_solano value = 1 }?

file: VIP_Ecuador.txt
file: VIP_England.txt
file: VIP_Sanusiyya.txt

name = "ACTREJECT"
> name = "ACTREFUSE"

file: VIP_Tokugawa.txt

event 275014

action B should set "flg_TokugawaFRA" for "Shogunate Becomes Protectorate of France"(162459)?

file: VIP_Ottoman.txt

event 279038
event 279105

same event?

file: VIP_flavor_Scandinavia.txt

line 1110
date = { day = 30 month = decemeber year = 1900 }
>date = { day = 30 month = december year = 1900 }

line 1170
date = { day = 1 month = janary year = 1872 }
>date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1872 }

file: VIP_flavor_Denmark.txt

line 291
date = { day = 1 month = janary year = 1872 }
>date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1872 }

file: VIP_flavor_Sweden.txt

line 506
date = { day = 30 month = decemeber year = 1900 }
>date = { day = 30 month = december year = 1900 }

file: flavor_rus.txt
file: VIP_Russia.txt
file: VIP_Japan.txt

event 251276(The Putiatin Mission To Japan)
event 231002(The Treaty of Shimoda)
event 251279(The Treaty of Shimoda)
&
event 32507(Shimoda Treaty)

same event?

file: VIP_Chile.txt

event 138024(Bolivia gives in)

name = "EVT138019N"
>name = "EVT138024N"

desc = "EVT138023D"
>desc = "EVT138024D"

file: VIP_Australia.txt

event 109002(Where to build Capital?)

ai_chance = 80%
>ai_chance = 80

ai_chance = 10%
>ai_chance = 10

ai_chance = 10%
>ai_chance = 10

file: VIP_Transvaal.txt

event 277019(Organized Resistance In Transvaal Collapses)

war = { country = ENG country = TRN
>war = { country = ENG country = TRN }

file: VIP_Scandinavia.txt

event 255013
event 255015
event 255016
event 255017
event 255018
event 255019
event 255020
event 255021

not sure if it's the right text or not...

name = "EVT282034N"(missed text)
>name = "EVT270034N"

desc = "EVT282034D"(missed text)
>desc = "EVT270034D"

name = "EVT282036N"(missed text)
>name = "EVT270036N"

desc = "EVT282036D"(missed text)
>name = "EVT270036N"

desc = "EVT282042D"(missed text)
>name = "EVT270042N"

file: VIP_British_India.txt

event 182238(Second Afghan War)

command = { type = trigger which = 182213 } # triggers AFG response
> command = { type = trigger which = 102213 } # triggers AFG response

file: VIP_USA.txt

event 304764(Final Resolution Of The Samoa Question)

desc = "EVT444000D EVT304764D"
>desc = "EVT304764D"

name = "ACT444000B Accept the German Offer"
>name = "Accept the German Offer"

file: Russia.txt

event 2513(The Crimean War)

the sum of ai_chance isn't 100...

file: event_text.csv

event 44114: event description error
event 28006B: ACTIONNAME28006B missed
EVT304760D, EVT304761D, EVT304762D, EVT304764D, EVT304766D: should have 10 ";" after english description?

I don't think ITA existing is an issue.

can you post the last few lines of your history log before the CTD

1866-02-19 : March 20, 1866 : Prussia had Austria Has Defeated Prussia
1866-02-19 : March 20, 1866 : Austria Defeats The Prussians happened to us.
1866-02-19 : March 20, 1866 : China had The Opium Trade
1866-02-19 : March 20, 1866 : United Kingdom had The Opium Trade
1866-02-20 : March 21, 1866 : II. Guard has arrived in Genova.
1866-02-22 : March 23, 1866 : Sardinia-Piedmont accepted our generous peace offer.
1866-02-22 : March 23, 1866 : Austria entered a Military Alliance with Sardinia-Piedmont.
1866-02-22 : March 23, 1866 : France accepted our generous peace offer.
1866-02-22 : March 23, 1866 : The nation of Saxony has been liberated by Austria.
1866-02-22 : March 23, 1866 : Austria entered a Military Alliance with Saxony.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Spain went with Send the ultimatum in The Valparaiso Question.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Chile went with We Refuse in Admiral Méndez Nuñez' Ultimatum.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Chile had Valparaiso Bombarded By The Spanish
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Spain had Valparaiso is Bombarded
1866-02-25 : March 26, 1866 : Bavaria concluded a diplomatic deal with Hannover.
1866-02-25 : March 26, 1866 : Chile concluded a diplomatic deal with Mecklenburg.
1866-02-25 : March 26, 1866 : We went with Excellent ! Enact the reforms in Austria Secures Hegemony Over The German Lands.
1866-02-28 : March 29, 1866 : Our relations have hardly improved towards Two Sicilies.
1866-02-28 : March 29, 1866 : Abu Dhabi concluded a diplomatic deal with Oman.
1866-03-00 : April 1, 1866 : Abu Dhabi went bankrupt!
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : Parma entered a Military Alliance with Modena.
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : Colombia concluded a diplomatic deal with Peru.
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : Bavaria went with Accept Austrian Dominance in The Fürstentag of 1866.
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : Bremen went with Accept (Game Over) in The Fürstentag of 1866.
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : South German Fed annexed Bremen.
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : Lippe-Detmold went with Accept (Game Over) in The Fürstentag of 1866.
1866-03-01 : April 2, 1866 : South German Fed annexed Lippe-Detmold.
1866-03-02 : April 3, 1866 : Oldenburg concluded a diplomatic deal with Saxe-Meiningen.
1866-03-05 : April 6, 1866 : V. Korps has arrived in Hradec Kralove.
1866-03-07 : April 8, 1866 : Oldenburg went with Accept (Game Over) in The Fürstentag of 1866.

In this particular game i released Saxony as a satellite as i had previously annexed it. However that doesn't seem to make a difference. Also the timescale of the CTD varies, this time it went for a while before dropping out however in previous games i only get a few days play i.e:

1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : China had French Missionaries In China
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Spain went with Send the ultimatum in The Valparaiso Question.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Chile went with We Refuse in Admiral Méndez Nuñez' Ultimatum.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Chile had Valparaiso Bombarded By The Spanish
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Spain had Valparaiso is Bombarded
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Prussia had Austria Has Defeated Prussia
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : We went with Excellent ! Enact the reforms in Austria Secures Hegemony Over The German Lands.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Bavaria went with Accept Austrian Dominance in The Fürstentag of 1866.
1866-02-24 : March 25, 1866 : Braunschweig went with Accept (Game Over) in The Fürstentag of 1866.

If i've broken it, do i have to pay for it? ;)

Yeah, let us know if the error persists or not.

It is quite persistent. Neither my savegame, autosave or oldautosave works, and starting a new game crashes the engine too.
I'm sorry, but I dont really know how to reproduce. If all your changes are in another folder, then my tiny edits (Such as a better Liberal Revolution for Denmark...) wont matter, will it?
I think it wont, since I was able to start a game the first time without troubles...
But then I wonder: I haven't made any changes to VIP0.3 - yet suddenly it crashes every time? :confused:

It is quite persistent. Neither my savegame, autosave or oldautosave works, and starting a new game crashes the engine too.
I'm sorry, but I dont really know how to reproduce. If all your changes are in another folder, then my tiny edits (Such as a better Liberal Revolution for Denmark...) wont matter, will it?
I think it wont, since I was able to start a game the first time without troubles...
But then I wonder: I haven't made any changes to VIP0.3 - yet suddenly it crashes every time? :confused:

what are your computer specs and what speed are you playing at?

I think it must be when one of the German nations gets annexed there is an error. Try releasing your satellite control over Saxony and see if the error persists.

Good news! It is an error in the events for some of the minors. Cheers for pointing me in the right direction.

Some of the minors were missing the '#' before the capital territory so they were trying to seceed that chunk of land. I went through and altered them - the less impressive news is that only started writing them down halfway through changing them. Bugger, i fail on Debugging 101.

However the notepad program i used made a back up of the ones i altered, either adding or moving the '#' - So we now have a list!

Anhalt
Brauschweig
Hamburg
Hannover
Holstein
Lippe
Lubeck
Nassau
Oldenburg

So no more CTD. Hurrah!

hmm, it is odd though that it is still a degree random, Pali did not for example have it in his final beta test game when he played Austria and made uberweiss, so he should have had a CTD as well if the problem was ceding of capitals.

Edit : which event did you modify for Anhalt. Because in my master copy the event that fires for Anhalt to surrender to AUS has the capital commented out already.

the event should be 105001 in scenarios/vipscen/events/Anhalt.txt

looking over all the reported files, the following ones did have the comment missing

Brauschweig
Holstein
Lippe
Lubeck
Oldenburg

so they will be fixed in the first hotfix.

still can't figure out exactly how Pali could have had it not CTD on him, unless during the course of the war those 5 got annexed (always possible I guess given all of them are < 3 provinces each).

Good news! It is an error in the events for some of the minors. Cheers for pointing me in the right direction.

Some of the minors were missing the '#' before the capital territory so they were trying to seceed that chunk of land. I went through and altered them - the less impressive news is that only started writing them down halfway through changing them. Bugger, i fail on Debugging 101.

However the notepad program i used made a back up of the ones i altered, either adding or moving the '#' - So we now have a list!

Anhalt
Brauschweig
Hamburg
Hannover
Holstein
Lippe
Lubeck
Nassau
Oldenburg

So no more CTD. Hurrah!
Some of those do have the capital commented out with a #. I didn't experience any CTD's in my game, though this *might* be an issue depending on your computer. For this to work on everyone's computers then it will be best to ensure the capitals are commented out, though for some people's computers I don't think it will be an issue (mine worked through it, and I believe those countries were in existence).

EDIT: Yeah, looking back on the beta game, none of those were nations annexed in my game. They all existed still. It must be a computer issue.

Last edited:
hi!
in my little handsoff game as Afganistan, British India has ~300 mpower and has 50+ divisions, also when i saved and reloaded as British India i had 32/1 english divisions in 1842...
also that event as Afganistan, where ye claim Peshawar province and later go to war over it, well waroption fired when Brit India was already conquered Punjab, the original owner of that province.

t.B.beer

in my little handsoff game as Afganistan, British India has ~300 mpower and has 50+ divisions
It does often produce too many divisions. All nation's armies are still ahistorically large (though better than what they were before, we have found in testing).
also when i saved and reloaded as British India i had 32/1 english divisions in 1842...
This is a known bug. It's not the fault of the mod, but just how the game engine is bugged at the moment.
also that event as Afganistan, where ye claim Peshawar province and later go to war over it, well waroption fired when Brit India was already conquered Punjab, the original owner of that province.
What do you mean? Could you explain the background to this (previous events so the chain can be identified) as well as the name, if you remember it.

from savegame:

name = "May 27, 1839 : British India went with Request Panjab give up Peshawar in Dost Mohammed Seeks Our Help."
name = "May 27, 1839 : Punjab went with We Refuse in Peshawar Belongs To Afghanistan."
name = "May 27, 1839 : British India went with We Can Not Risk War in Panjab Refuses Our Request Over Peshawar."

name = "February 15, 1841 : British India went with Guarantee Panjabi independence in exchange for Peshawar in Peshawar Belongs To Afghanistan."
name = "February 15, 1841 : Punjab went with We Refuse in Peshawar Belongs To Afghanistan."
name = "February 15, 1841 : British India went with War Is Our Only Option in Panjab Refuses Our Request Over Peshawar."
name = "February 15, 1841 : British India declared colonial war upon Punjab."

name = "November 5, 1841 : British India annexed Punjab."
no Peshawar for Afgan ofc...

somewhere here i saved and reloaded.

name = "July 12, 1842 : We went with War Is Our Only Option in Reclaiming Peshawar From Panjab."

about that divisions bug: does any of the hotfixes fix 'em?

I played as Russia from the begining to 1862. Alot of things seems to not have happened:

1. After the end of the Oriental Crisis event chain France went to war over something against the Ottomans, eventually drawning Britain in the conflict. France and Britain had a large war, with the UK and British India landing alot of divisions in France. The war eventually ended up by itself when France and Britain reached between 40 and 50 war exhaustion.

2. Crimean war. I did declared war on the Ottomans, but neither France, Britain, or anybody else helped them. I was at war with only the OE, Egypt and Senussia. Shame on me, I was not well preparated (I rarely play as Russia), and after a glorious campaign wich stoped at Edirne I had to pull out of the Balkans (OE had about 70 military score btw). I signed a white peace, even if I lost 3 prestige by doing it (not alot but it means I lost it).

There was no Alexander reforms event (maybe they fire later?), only the vanilla one.

3. Italian unification. Sardinia did signed the Pact of Plombières with France but nothing happened (for now at least). Its 1862 and it should already be over no? I also allied Sardinia when I got the option, because without French intervention in the Crimean War, my relations with them are improving. But no war happened.

I did save/reload at least 3 times since the begining of the game. Now I think I'll restart as either Russia or another country, because I think I have bypassed the interesting Crimean War and Alexander II reforms. Also despite UK winning the Opium war I had no treaty with China, wich means I don't control the Maritime Province as I should.

There was no Alexander reforms event (maybe they fire later?), only the vanilla one.
You have to let OE occupy a load of your provinces for the historical events to fire (peace event and reforms).
Italian unification. Sardinia did signed the Pact of Plombières with France but nothing happened (for now at least).
This is part of the rework. It is designed so that France doesn't dishonour it's alliance and has no choice but to join the war if choosing to sign the Plombières agreement.
Its 1862 and it should already be over no? I also allied Sardinia when I got the option, because without French intervention in the Crimean War, my relations with them are improving. But no war happened.
Give it time. There is a 5% random chance for Sardinia getting the inciting revolts in Lombardy event, and this should fire between 1857-1865. France and Austria must also both not be at war (and the Plombières agreement has already been signed, you mentioned, with Austria owning Lombardy - though there are alternate chains if Austria doesn't own Lombardy or Venetia).
I did save/reload at least 3 times since the begining of the game. Now I think I'll restart as either Russia or another country, because I think I have bypassed the interesting Crimean War and Alexander II reforms.
Those historic Russian events fire when you lose the Crimean war.
Also despite UK winning the Opium war I had no treaty with China, wich means I don't control the Maritime Province as I should.
You did get the Convention of Chuanbi event, didn't you?