• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Option a in event 490047 (The End Of East Indies Administration - First Infraction) for the Dutch East Indies (u90) gives Punjab, Bengali, Tamil and Marathi as country cultures, and removes British as one, while event 490049 (The End Of East Indies Administration - Final Infraction) adds Javan and removes Dutch, but is for British India, despite being in the VIP_DutchEastIndies event file.
Event 490048 (The End Of East Indies Administration - Second Infraction) adds and removes the same cultures as 490047, and is also for British India, despite being in the VIP_DutchEastIndies event file.

Last edited:
Option a in event 490047 (The End Of East Indies Administration - First Infraction) for the Dutch East Indies (u90) gives Punjab, Bengali, Tamil and Marathi as country cultures, and removes British as one, while event 490049 (The End Of East Indies Administration - Final Infraction) adds Javan and removes Dutch, but is for British India, despite being in the VIP_DutchEastIndies event file.
Event 490048 (The End Of East Indies Administration - Second Infraction) adds and removes the same cultures as 490047, and is also for British India, despite being in the VIP_DutchEastIndies event file.

uff, screwed that one up. will be resolved in hotfix 1.

Crimean war AI is bad on the allied side. They just ship a few divisions to Sevastopol area which i crush almost instantly with my 10div stacks. And the Ottoman Empire is totally unprepared for the war. Please fix.

That's with you playing as Russia, though. I tend to find that with an AI-controlled Russia it struggles against the 'allies' usually (though the latest version in alpha and beta testing I think the results have been much more historical and both sides coped quite historically).

that's with you playing as russia, though. I tend to find that with an ai-controlled russia it struggles against the 'allies' usually (though the latest version in alpha and beta testing i think the results have been much more historical and both sides coped quite historically).

+1

I thought .3 went up to WWI, while .4 would cover it? Or .4 up to WWI and .5 does WWI? Either way, great to see this come out, I look forward to giving it a whirl in the coming days.

The changelog posted in the firth post of this thread lists I think just about everything, but to summarize, and based off the post from the earlier VIP 0.3 thread stickied at the top "

1) Part one of a major event mod for Russia thanks to two volunteers (Beavior and Old Joe) that will add well over 100 new events for Russia, mostly focusing on internal Russian development in the 19th Century.

2) THe first workthrough of the system of alliances that will eventually lead Europe to WWI. We will be waiting until VIP:R 0.4 to include the actual start of war events, this will give us time and more player feedback regarding how to improve the alliance system we are developing. The hope is the great powers should be splitting into two rival blocks by the early 1910s.

3) Rework of the British POPs into English-Scots-Welsh. Rework and new events for Irish POPs to reflect the rise of Unionism on the island delayed until 0.4.

4) Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895 and Japanese annexation of Korea event chains added.

5) New Chain of events to model the establishment of Australia - each of the colonies become self-governing regions and a chain of events to model the federation debate in the 1890s culminates in unification in 1901.

6) New events for the Portuguese Revolution of 1910 and its leadup.

7) The Dutch East Indies have now been separated from the Netherlands and will be a stand-alone nation in permanent alliance with Netherlands. DEI will deal with all the events that lead to Dutch colonial expansion in the East Indies. Setup is similar to the relationship between Britain and British India.

8) Events to allow the creation by Austria of Grossdeutschland if it wins in 1866.

9) Major overhaul of Canada thanks to submission by DHarper, with several dozen events for the first couple decades of the game (up to approximately Confederation in 1867).

10) Patagonia has been established as a separate realm similar to the North American natives, and events to simulate the Chilean and Argentine expansion into Patagonia in the 19th C included.

11) New leaders via Semper Victor & Prinz Wilhelm's leader mod for NIP, SER, ROM, BUL, MON, ALB, SAR and ITA

12) More new nations in Africa, and new chains of events to model their incorporation into colonial empires. Mahdist revolt reworked, with Mahdists now an independent nation, and a war scripted to allow British conquest.

13) Russian expansion in Central Asia further modelled with addition of new states of Ulu Juz (for the Kazakhs) and Akhal Tepe (for the Turkmen tribes) to better illustrate process of Russian expansion in the region.

14) Events regarding the Yucatan rebellion in Mexico in the 1830s-1840s reworked with Yucatan now a separate state

15) Leadership cost reduced from 20 to 10 points, to allow players and AI to take greater advantage of all the new leaders we've added in thanks to SV & PW's Leadership Mod.

Crimean war AI is bad on the allied side. They just ship a few divisions to Sevastopol area which i crush almost instantly with my 10div stacks. And the Ottoman Empire is totally unprepared for the war. Please fix.

That's most likely due to you as human player being much more competent than the Russian leadership during the 1850s. We've not tweaked anything regarding AI performance during the war, and most players have said that our biggest problem is that Russia has been too weak vs the Allied powers, not too strong.

But a human player knowing the war is coming will almost always be able to defeat the AI, and there isn't much more we can do about that. We've already scripted the AI to have numerous objectives along the Black Sea, with Sevastopol as the highest target.

In the end if you want to lose the Crimean War, just evacuate all your forces from the borderlands, let the allies take some provinces, and wait for the Treaty of Paris events to fire.

I'm having a crash to desktop error with my USA savegame.

Dont really know what's causing it... I try to load the game, but before the loading screen, it simply crashes.
It's odd, since it doesn't do so in regular ricky - and didn't do so in VIP 0.2.

Anyone else with the same problem, or anyone with a solution?

Does an error message come up? If so, what is it?

Also, does it happen repeatedly (i.e. loading a new game, not your save game)? If it doesn't happen repeatedly then it is likely to be a corrupted save game (all you can do is save more than once, and turn autosave on). If it does repeat then we'll have to look into it.

Tried to start up a game as GB:

rickycrash.jpg

Should I try making a fresh install, then applying VIP?

I didn't mean that code. There is a different type of box which comes up if there is a conflict in some of the files. You seem to be running a fair few programs in the background, though, which is generally not advised.

Try and see if the error repeats itself when starting again or from an earlier, stable save game.

I started a game as the USA with the new VIP .3 to give things a try. I noticed that two events surrounding the Mormon war in Missouri were out of order. The one that 'ends' the war in Missouri (lowers militancy in Missouri I believe) fired before the one that 'starts' the war in Missouri (increases militancy).

Also, has the chain of events leading to the US dominance of North America at the expense of the UK been changed in .3? I declared war on the UK at the Webster-Ashburton Treaty event and after a long and bitter war where I managed to encircle and destroy almost all of Britain's ground forces I finally got them to cede a single province to me. As far as I remember this would trigger several events where the USA would get Easton, would satellite Cree-Athabaska and would be given the option to either 1) release Canada as a free nation, 2) release Canada as a satellite or 3) annex Canada directly to the USA. Instead, I was given a single event with two identical options: release Canada as a free nation and gain 50 prestige.

Are the annexation events now spaced out to trigger later? Or is this a result of declaring war during Webster-Ashburton instead of during the Caroline Affair (when I've usually done it in the past)? If I remember my United States history, there was a significant movement in the early decades of independence to annex Canada directly if possible, and I believe this would certainly have been the case after a ten year war fought with Britain over that very question.

I didn't mean that code. There is a different type of box which comes up if there is a conflict in some of the files. You seem to be running a fair few programs in the background, though, which is generally not advised.

Try and see if the error repeats itself when starting again or from an earlier, stable save game.

There were no error code. Just CTD. Had it been a "normal" error, I'd locate it myself and try to do something about it. :)

Will try that. :)

Is anyone else encountering a CTD after AUS victory over PRU in the seven weeks war and just after the SGF forms but whilst the various states decide to join.

Italy has not formed - Sardina, Tuscany are satillites. Does that matter?

Is there a way to tell if VIP is actually running instead of regular Ricky? Like a version number somewhere or something? I followed the directions but leaders still cost me 20 to recruit so im thinking it might not be working.

Sorry for being a newb.

Is there a way to tell if VIP is actually running instead of regular Ricky? Like a version number somewhere or something? I followed the directions but leaders still cost me 20 to recruit so im thinking it might not be working.

Sorry for being a newb.

Do you have choices to play scenarios with the name VIP in them? If yes then you have installed VIP correctly. If no, then you have to reinstall.

Remember if you install VIP into a desktop copy of Victoria:Revolutions, you must start the game from the folder on the desktop, any shortcuts you might already have for Victoria will refer to your root game which would not have VIP installed if you installed it into a desktop copy.