• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where did all the generals go? There were Bey of Benghazi, Bashaw of Tripoli etc. at the start of the game as Ottoman Empire. But with HoD, they no longer exist. I'm clearly sure that this is a bug though.
^ I'm suffering a quite badly from this. Any solutions please?

When will there be a patch for languages ? Because currently i'm playing in French and all the features are in Codes ! :s

When will there be a patch for languages ? Because currently i'm playing in French and all the features are in Codes ! :s

Currently the game is only in English in German... it will probably be fixed with the patch since last time in the AHD patch German language was added.

Edit: On Steam is says that French is a supported language... so idk what your problem is.

Yes, but I bought HoD on Paradox' store and not on steam, though buying on this store gave me Steam Keys...

Yes, but I bought HoD on Paradox' store and not on steam, though buying on this store gave me Steam Keys...

ParadoxPlaza only sells Steam keys - nothing unusual there. :)

Has anyone else noticed the problems when it comes to the "One GP Ally only" Rule?

Sphered Spain and they were already allied with Russia -> They dont ally with me, despite having better relations with me than with Russia.

Generally this rule makes alliances very unflexible. Netherlands (GP) and Russia have been allied for ages and there's no way for me to break them up.

I believe in Vicky I (and correct me if I'm wrong) alliances expired if they hadn't been called on for five years. So 5 years of peace and the alliance expires. That was a good system because it meant alliances were more dynamic over time, and thus more reasonable. As the Ottoman Empire allying with the Russians should be easy in 1836 (and it is currently) but harder later on. In the current system, you ally with the Russians once, and so long as you make sure the alliance isn't broken, you are protected from Russian attack for the rest of the game. In a game with expiring alliances, you wouldn't get this guarantee. It can of course still be combined with the alliance limits currently in place.

A question since I have not seen it yet: what Casus Belli gets states from a Colonial Dominion? Place in the Sun, Acquire State or what? In my game I can see that I cannot attempt to fabricate the Acquire Substate on a nation with them.

A question since I have not seen it yet: what Casus Belli gets states from a Colonial Dominion? Place in the Sun, Acquire State or what? In my game I can see that I cannot attempt to fabricate the Acquire Substate on a nation with them.

I think you have to start a war with the master and then when the dominion joins the war add a wargoal against it.

I think you have to start a war with the master and then when the dominion joins the war add a wargoal against it.

Hrm, guess I'll have to bite the Infamy cost then, least I have a cb already on Portugal...

Well, there's a localisation code l_french - that's what Steam checks. The problem here is probably, that the game's just lacking proper french translations.

Correct - HoD currently does NOT have French as a supported language. The Steam page is wrong. Only English and German is currently supported (should be easy to fix if a french speaking person would be willing to help with the translation process - try PM'ing podcat if you're up to the task)

Correct - HoD currently does NOT have French as a supported language. The Steam page is wrong. Only English and German is currently supported (should be easy to fix if a french speaking person would be willing to help with the translation process - try PM'ing podcat if you're up to the task)

Yup, a French Strategy Website is currently working on it ! ;)

I was looking over the unit files, and am I reading it right that Ironclads are the very best ship for colony points, have a whole 4 colony points per supply point, while dreadnaughts only provide 0.36, or am I missing something?

Yup, a French Strategy Website is currently working on it ! ;)

Be sure to keep us appraised - If it good enough we might be able to implement it officially :)

I was looking over the unit files, and am I reading it right that Ironclads are the very best ship for colony points, have a whole 4 colony points per supply point, while dreadnaughts only provide 0.36, or am I missing something?

Well dreadnoughts come awhile after the end of the colonial race so I guess it's justified.

Well dreadnoughts come awhile after the end of the colonial race so I guess it's justified.
Also, dreadnoughts aren't the very best shiptype to police colonies - that's what CP's simulate. Ironclads are more or less the type of ship, what was called Light Cruiser in the dreadnought area - these were built not to fight other naval powers, but to police colonies/uncivs. On the other hand, 4 CP's per supply point for dreadnoughts would mix the game's balance late game: dreadnoughts are must-haves for major naval powers (due to the new colonisation system, naval power means also colonial power) - that much new CP's would allow all of them to turn even large and distant colonies to states, at the time where it is possible that some states in India have enough Brits in, that there are enough crats after some months of NF. A even partly state-turned Brit owned India kills any and all economy not in the British sphere.