• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I say Edward stays but Stanley leaves to be replaced by Winston Churchill allowing for massive arguments on Germany policy

+1. Even if it means editing the game to get in Churchill, this would make for good narrative :)

I vote for Edward to stay. :)

Personally, I think that keeping Edward would be far more interesting, as he opens up other possibilities for later ;)

Abdication: 1
Staying in power: 5

Blimey, very decisive so far!

Only one thing, there is no way I can edit a save game without serious help due to my total inexperience with doing anything like it. Nevertheless, we shall see how it goes...

Gameplay update and replies tomorrow, I think!

Thanks for reading!

The H.P.P. Experience Part 2

I began to get in to my stride after the first, tentative month. The first thing to come up was the ‘Major power’ event, which was another good addition (I think that naval bonus will be very handy). After a nice little event (debate in the cabinet), the London treaty turned up and I signed it, as you may recall. Oddly, however, the announcements that France and the U.S.A. signed the treaty came through a day before the message for the treaty itself (and news of Italy and Japan declining).

Soon afterwards, a message told me that Italy ‘is no longer attempting to align itself towards our faction’. It seemed a little odd that Italy would align towards the Allies, so I checked and found out that Italy hadn’t been aligning herself, the French had been influencing her and had stopped. These notices appeared regularly (probably once every two weeks), meaning that France must have on/off influenced Italy constantly.

114740279-4.jpg

The French stop influencing Italy.

Now, the main focus of this post, God annexing God, in what has been called ‘The biggest thing in heaven since the last person playing H.P.P. got a result like this!’ by me, just now. I haven’t checked recently, but at the start of the game, God was listed as an African country on the Diplomacy screen.

114740357-4.jpg

God annexed God. Future implications of this can only be guessed at. The atheist community says that the reports need further clarifications and are likely faked, whilst the British Agnostic Society claimed that we have no way of knowing what went on up there, if anything.

Around this time I noticed that the ‘Minor party gathers strength’ events were very common. They turned up roughly once a month. This was probably the result of me constantly removing their support, only for them to regain it soon afterwards. Nevertheless, Baldwin would be getting rather tired of sabotaging political parties, one can assume.

114740509-4.jpg

Many minor parties gathered much strength, and were all culled, again and again.

The only other occurrence of note was my ordering of support brigades. I am hoping that infantry support tanks are meant to function with infantry (it sounds like they are, and in my experience they did in real life), but even if they are not intended to go into infantry divisions, they will hardly be harmed by this (will they?).

---

Replies to comments

Avindian: Thanks a lot for your support, and I hope you do download H.P.P. as you won’t regret it!

Loki100: I was unaware that this was the first British H.P.P. A.A.R.! I hope it continues to intrigue you…

Thinker341: These are the opinions of Number 10 for now, but remember, a new government has new ideas!

Masaakari: Ooh, an offer of multiplayer! I bet that feels like what love feels like… I mean, ha, yes, I’ve had many an offer of multiplayer in my time…. Back to the point, I might be up for a game when this reaches a conclusion!

Thandros: Winston Churchill, eh? That would certainly herald something of a U-Turn. However, would this change of policy be disastrous, leaving Britain half ready for Baldwin’s plan and half ready for Churchill’s plan?

Sergeant Jack: Good heavens! Big support for Winston! It would make for an interesting game, but, wouldn’t every choice? I’ve already mentioned my inability to mod a save game file… = (

Suirantes: Thanks for reading! It’s great to have you on board.

TheBromgrev: Indeed, many a possibility would be opened by him staying. Looks like the other readers agree (mostly)!

I Use infantry support with infantry to get combined Arms Bonus, Plus Artillery and you have the standard combined arms division.

Just an FYI, GOD is the HPP's "master nation", if you will. It sets up all the country flags for the land doctrines, adjusts cores during setup, sets country flags for laws and such, stops silly wars (like faction mates attacking each other), and removes units from the game like rebels stuck in 0 or 1 infra areas. Whenever you see the message "GOD annexed GOD", that means some units were deleted. In your case, GOD deleted parts of Spain's starting army.

The only other occurrence of note was my ordering of support brigades. I am hoping that infantry support tanks are meant to function with infantry (it sounds like they are, and in my experience they did in real life), but even if they are not intended to go into infantry divisions, they will hardly be harmed by this (will they?).

Yes, that's what you're supposed to use them for, although you'll need to use divisions with small infantry components to get the CA bonus. I think a division of 1xinf+1xIST will give a CA bonus, but 2 soft brigades and an IST won't, since IST's have 25% softness. I'd have to go in-game and check. IST brigades have 0.5 frontage, so they'll still take damage from fighting, but they have very low softness so they shouldn't take much actual damage. They'll probably run out of org before the infantry does though.

Last edited:
I can make an event for you, if you wish? and then you could fire it from the game console, so Churchill gains power? ;)

No need, there are several events that will happen where he can replace his current PM with someone else, two of which happen before the war.

but im talking about an instant thing, rather than having to wait for them

Well, as I'll get these events, there shouldn't really be a need for an instant event, which would be very hard to work into a story. Also, remember that Churchill is still, at this point, just an M.P. who's views on Nazi Germany are generally considered as ridiculous. Could he ever gain power like this unless something really major changed? We can only guess how the story will play out, which is really exciting for me, at least...

Sorry, guys, but it looks like I can't get you an update until Saturday at the earliest :mad:, RL kicked in... sorry again, readers.

great! a UK AAR in HPP! and not quite as democratic as the usual. subscribed.

I was back rather late on Saturday, but I'm playing through the next update right now. For those of you who weren't 100% certain, Edward VIII is staying in power. Stay tuned for the next update, later today.

Something quite... interesting has come up...

I load at the save point (which was with the abdication choice message up) and the decision doesn't appear, even if I continue playing right up to the start of September. My only other save (an autosave at the 1st of July) doesn't fire the event either. Has something happened? Am I doomed to life with both Edward VIII AND Stanley Baldwin? Am I just really, really stupid? Your help is much appreciated.