• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

danest

Captain
47 Badges
Oct 20, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
I assume I've made a terrible mistake if I reformed a religion to have veneration but no religious head?
I think it's impossible to be venerated without a head? Whoops...

No religious head at all? Yeah I think you might have screwed it up.

I didn't realize at the time that the "no religious head" option and veneration would not work together. I wish veneration had been greyed out if it's incompatible. Ah well, still learning even after a million hours of play.

Well, not all of it is incompatible. You can still use eldership for example.
But I agree we should at least get some big red letters pointing out which parts of one choice override parts of the other choice.

Is your save ironman or normal? If it's normal it's possible to edit it and change what doctrines apply to your religion.

Yeah, it'd be nice if the tooltips were clear about what works with what. (The exact effects of each nature on province conversion, for instance)

Ancestor Veneration is INCOMPATIBLE with Autonomous leadership as per WIKI. So you can't have that pair (or at least - shouldn't be able to have).

Ancestor Veneration is INCOMPATIBLE with Autonomous leadership as per WIKI. So you can't have that pair (or at least - shouldn't be able to have).

I think you're right. I checked the game files and the two should be mutually exclusive.

I assume I've made a terrible mistake if I reformed a religion to have veneration but no religious head?
I think it's impossible to be venerated without a head? Whoops...

As others have stated it should be impossible in vanilla to take AV without a religious head. Are you using mods? What leadership type did you take?

Any chance you actually took Autocephalous instead of Autonomous leadership? I sometimes mix up the two because they both start with Auto-.

I'm using a non-earth, randomized map. All kinds of kooky things happen, like starting in a feudal nation with a no-head, reform-able religion with pre-reform ancestor veneration. It gets confusing so I guess I'm not surprised that when reforming I clicked something I shouldn't have.

Feudal character. OP is probably still thinking a bit in terms of typical strategy games where you control a nation rather than a character.

What ? what does that even mean?
Feudal character. OP is probably still thinking a bit in terms of typical strategy games where you control a nation rather than a character.

I mean, I'd assume that by "feudal nation" he means "feudal realm" - it seems pretty clear to me? :)

I mean, I'd assume that by "feudal nation" he means "feudal realm" - it seems pretty clear to me? :)

Not really, a nation is something connected to a culture, so i would assume he means something like most counties of that culture have holders of feudal government or something like that.

Not really, a nation is something connected to a culture, so i would assume he means something like most counties of that culture have holders of feudal government or something like that.

That's would I have assumed, too, if this were sociology class. In the context of CK2 it seemed an obvious reference to a feudal realm to me, but that's alright, we all think differently. :)

That's would I have assumed, too, if this were sociology class. In the context of CK2 it seemed an obvious reference to a feudal realm to me, but that's alright, we all think differently. :)

I oftentimes have problems with transfering from Ingame slang to the slang people IRL use around me.

Well, in most games you control a nation or a realm. Like in a Total War game you might be playing England or France, so people tend to think in those terms even if it doesn't really apply to CK2. The finer detail that in CK2 you actually play a dynasty of kings of England rather than England itself can be lost on people (and new players most of all), especially since the default map mode will show 'England' on the map.

Well, in most games you control a nation or a realm. Like in a Total War game you might be playing England or France, so people tend to think in those terms even if it doesn't really apply to CK2. The finer detail that in CK2 you actually play a dynasty of kings of England rather than England itself can be lost on people (and new players most of all), especially since the default map mode will show 'England' on the map.

Even in total war youre not playing a nation, (there are still rebels in capital provinces etc...) but rather you play as a state (with some weird interaction when going throught monarchy into democracy and back). Similiar thing like in EU4.

I do not think it is really posssible to simulate a nation gameplay, maybe only for some really small ones. as nations keep diverging somewhat fast over large territories even if originaly settled by the same tribe