• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Peter Ebbesen

the Conqueror
61 Badges
Mar 3, 2001
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
Getting AGC2.3 up and running with 1.06

1. Install v1.06
  2. move the file "the alternative grand campaign.eug" from \scenarios\ to \agc\scenarios\
  3. create the folder "save games" within the \agc\scenarios\ folder, i.e. \agc\scenarios\save games\
  4. insert the following line:
    MAXMAN_ECO;+%d (Economical Resources)\n;;;;;;;;;;12859
    somewhere fitting [anywhere before the #EOF directive, basically] in \agc\cfg\config\text.csv (the base text file for the AGC mod) and in \agc\config\text.csv (hacking in an autogenerated file is always fun!)
  5. Change the COTIW_DRO entry in \agc\cfg\config\text.csv and in \agc\config\text.csv to:
    COTIW_DRO;%d$: Total trade in this CoT\n%d/20: %s's share of that trade\nx%.2f: %s's Trade Level\n= %.1f$ yearly trade income for %s from this CoT;;;;;;;;;;1924
Hmmm. Think that was everything. If not, give a holler, and I'll update it.

If you want to continue with an 1.05 AGC save game, it should be possible. Copy (or move) the save file to the \agc\scenarios\save games\ directory and try it out. At this time, I have only played a decade with an ongoing AGC2.3 Persia game from 1.05, but I haven't experienced any problems yet.

In case of problems getting AGC2.3 and 1.06 up and running together, post here and somebody will probably advise.

EDIT: Wryun has updated text.csv in AGC2.3 to run with then 1.07 betas. You can download his updated AGC2.3 from this thread in the scenario depot.

Last edited:
hi Peter, thanks for that. Unfortunately I did what you said but when i start up the campaign i don't see any scenarios :(

I actually have never played AGC before and so i installed the patch, then AGC... don't know if that makes any difference?

You will also need to move the 'alternative grand campaign.eu' file from the \scenarios directory to \agc\scenarios. In addition, if you had existing saves in 1.05 AGC you'll need to move them from \scenarios\save games to \agc\scenarios\save games.

(disclaimer, I haven't got this working *yet* but I expect I will when I get home at the end of my shift...8 more hours, blah).

Originally posted by artemis667
You will also need to move the 'alternative grand campaign.eu' file from the \scenarios directory to \agc\scenarios.
Doh! I wrote the wrong file in 2) since the agc1419.inc is already in the folder. Thanks for catching it. I'll just edit the post. :D

Originally posted by Dawkins
Hmmm that said, if i load up standard EU2 then the AGC GC is there. I presume this will work the same as if I'd started up the game with the AGC icon(?). Anyway giving it a go now :)
No it won't. Try copying the right file to the \agc\scenarios\ directory. I had remembered wrong and written the .inc rather than the .eug file in 2)

Thanks, with that file it works now :)

Except... i'm at 1420 as France and am now getting repeatable CTDs when clicking on a CoT... happens every time. I see there is a reported bug:

"*C 4. Choosing too many CoTs (exact number unknown, somewhere under the mid-40s) causes early CTDs. Might be dependant on which ones are chosen. Choosing more than 55 or so causes rampant display errors. The configurator should give a warning if too many are selected as soon as we're sure exactly how many is too many. "

However, i used the default settings in the AGC configurator (im assuming the default settings dont give you to many CoTs!), so I'm guessing this bug must be new and caused by 1.6 compatability?

Originally posted by Dawkins
However, i used the default settings in the AGC configurator (im assuming the default settings dont give you to many CoTs!), so I'm guessing this bug must be new and caused by 1.6 compatability?
There has been sporadic bug reports in the main forum concerning crashes when clicking on CoTs with 1.06, apparently (though information is sketchy) not mod connected. If you can create a reproducible situation, please file a bug report in the bug forum ASAP.

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
There has been sporadic bug reports in the main forum concerning crashes when clicking on CoTs with 1.06, apparently (though information is sketchy) not mod connected. If you can create a reproducible situation, please file a bug report in the bug forum ASAP.

Done

Do we think it is worth me betatesting AGC 2.3 with EU2 1.06? I wouldn't mind doing it if there is a great demand for it, but since we're probably not too far away from AGC beta 3, I wonder if it's even that worthwhile to do extensively. Obviously, in prepping the Russia changes for beta 3, I'll have to do the jury-rig install Peter describes anyway.

just one thing

I don't have the Savegames.txt. in my scenario/savegames

No sir I don't have

Originally posted by I_Killed-Kenny
just one thing

I don't have the Savegames.txt. in my scenario/savegames

No sir I don't have
Fair enough. Then it might not be necessary. :)

If it isn't necessary, tell me so, and I'll remove the line from the instructions above. If, however, it is necessary (i.e. the instructions don't work for you), just create an empty file named "SaveGames.txt"

I can't type in the + in '+%d (Economical REsources)\n', as I am told that it isn't a formula???

Maybe that is why the damn thing keeps CTD'ing on me.

Originally posted by Sikker
I can't type in the + in '+%d (Economical REsources)\n', as I am told that it isn't a formula???
:confused:

*wonders what program you use to modify the .txt file*

*suspects it is an evil Microsoft program*

*rather than a sensible text editing program*

*shudders*

*makes ward against evil*

You can use just about any text editor, copy the line from the display, and paste it in, like this:

Code:
[color=white]
MAXMAN_BARRA;+%d (Conscript Centers)\n;;;;;;;;;;2511
MAXMAN_ECO;+%d (Economical Resources)\n;;;;;;;;;;12859
MARCH;March;;;;;;;;;;88
[/color]
(That's where I pasted it, but you can do it anywhere before the #EOF)

Yes, I used the evil Excel program ... thank you for showing me a better path!!!

- However the damned thing still keeps CtD'ing on me at least every year ...

EDIT: please notice that it is not a txt file but csv file ...

EDIT: I play as County of Holland

EDIT: I have now played as Papal States, and it didn't start CtD'ing untill 1426!!!! - But still I'd prefer the good old non-CtD'ing experience

Last edited:
HELP HELP HELP!!!

I tryed to put that thing of resourses in the Text file ( using excel ) and it still don't work please help!!!

You could put a good text file in the web then we all could dowload it pleaseeee :rolleyes:

Originally posted by I_Killed-Kenny

I tryed to put that thing of resourses in the Text file ( using excel ) and it still don't work please help!!!
Don't, for the love of God, use Excel or other such programs to modify files!!!

Even notepad is better since it doesn't insist on doing interesting things to your files or format your input.

The very best is of course to have a small, nonbloated, and powerful text editor, and there are several such freeware ones for download on the net.

I mean, we are talking about copy-pasting one line of text into a text file. Only a Microsoft program could fuck that up :D

-------------------

Sikker: Sorry to hear about your CTDs, but I don't know anything to help you right now. It is unlikely to be a text.csv issue, since missing texts are simply interpreted as "UNKNOWN STRING" on screen, and I am not experiencing it in my setup.... (As yet)

Worst case, you will have to wait until somebody smarter than me makes a dedicated beta2.3/1.06 download, or until beta 3 is released. :(

If Microsoft Excel is installed on the computer, csv files are considered Microsoft Comma Separated Values format and default to opening in Excel. To work around this, hold down the shift key, then right click the text.csv file and choose Open With from the right click menu, then choose Notepad.

Originally posted by Sikker
That's all very nice ... except it doesn't work .. it keeps CtD'ing on me
Probably the CoT issue. Turns out that the content of one of the formatting strings in text.csv changed from 1.05 to 1.06, leading to the attempted insertion of a floating point in an integer value without any kind of type-casting.

Since the AGC2.3 text.csv is based on 1.05, that line needs to be changed, ASAP. I have written instructions on what to do in the first post.

This bug will manifest in connection with use of CoTs, so for nations like my Persia, where all traders had been sent out and trade agreements were in force all over the place, I didn't notice it because I didn't access the trading screen. Doh :D
Hopefully, this will solve your problems.

One thing is for sure. Beta 3 had better be based on the basic 1.06 text.csv in case anything else of substance was changed.