• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox, hire this man!

Reactions:
Who knows how to tempt a dev into a thread? Should I start bagging the Swedes?

Johan? Darkrenown? Groogy? Are you reading this?

*Nudgenudgewinkwink*

Splendid stuff :)

Devs, read this thread!

I am now sure that I love you. :D

Paradox, hire this man!

Many, many good ideas here...

Who knows how to tempt a dev into a thread? Should I start bagging the Swedes?

I love Sweden, and it is totally not over powered! (please make this a thing)

Awww, I love you all too!

That said, I've elaborated on all of my ideas —*the well has dried up, as it were. I would love to hear if anyone else has any exciting steppe nomad ideas to share. Otherwise I'll make a changelog thing, probably. Maybe.

Reactions:
Awww, I love you all too!

That said, I've elaborated on all of my ideas —*the well has dried up, as it were. I would love to hear if anyone else has any exciting steppe nomad ideas to share. Otherwise I'll make a changelog thing, probably. Maybe.
Kara-Khitan Invasion!

I love this thread and its 'screenshots'. I hope some of the suggestions here are implemented in a dlc someday. Provincial & Realm Nomadism is a great game concept idea, one that should be distinct from religion yet have modifiers. I can't remember if you addressed this in your updates. Ie, big nomadism bonus for Tengri, neutral for Muslim, big nomadism penalty for Christian.

I'd love such a DLC and especially its diplomatic features :D

I spent thirty minutes creating this image for the Original Poster (OP)

I have much gold bullion for you Oxymoron Studios, which I present as tribute to the majesty of this creation.

Foolish peasant! I have a better gift than that! I need this!

I27RWCj.png

I AM SHOVING MY HORSE THROUGH THE MONITOR, BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

Attachments

• SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GOLDEN HOARDE.png
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GOLDEN HOARDE.png
    407,4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I would give three goats for this to be given to me.

Kara-Khitan Invasion!

I just copy/paste my idea for Manichaenism, in case we ever get playable rulers to Tarim basin. I assume remnants of Uyghur Khaganate would mainly be Manichean in ToG start.

-----------------------------------------------
- Organised religion, with Mandaeism as their heresy
- Possible to get a religious head, along with Holy Order, if county of Baghdad is Manichean and is held by Manichean ruler with Kingdom of Mesopotamia title.
- 5 Holy sites (Baghdad, Jerusalem, Samarkand and currently undetermined location, Gaochang perhaps, in Tarim Basin. Final one could be Constantinople or Rome)
- No ability to borrow money from Jews or having Jewish courtiers appear at court (I understand Manichaens were quite hostile towards them)
- Conquest cassus belli only (Until religious head established)
- Five philosophies/three seals - a renamed patron god/sect mechanic from Hindus
- Bema festival for piety/prestige (similar to pagan festivals but only 1/2 or 1/3 the amount of piety/prestige as it could be held yearly)
- Reincarnation mechanic - not sure how it works with upcoming RoI, but my understanding is that Manichaenism was not entirely alien to this concept
- Pilgrimage to Jerusalem
- Manichaenism would randomly appear in Christian courts to court chaplains like heresies do right now.

Naturally Manicheanism would no longer be Zoroastrian heresy. Zurvanism (vanilla heresy) takes it's place and Mazdaki heresy starts to use Cathar mechanics, except close kin marriage still possible.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm stuffing money into my CD tray but nothing's happening

Nooo! Try cleaning the money! Maybe it's scratched!

This is a genius idea, wonderful, insightful, and intelligent! You should join Paradox! go! Go! GO!

Reactions:
Good.