• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, thank you for even offering to do that! I'll get back to you with the file as soon as I'm back home.
You're welcome! Just send me the file if they should prove to be incompatible when you copy mine over it (but first take care to backup DH's one).

I don't have DH installed on my laptop (for fear of playing instead of working...).
;)

You're welcome! Just send me the file if they should prove to be incompatible when you copy mine over it (but first take care to backup DH's one).

Ok, so here's the file. I've tried to simply copy paste your version into the DH folder and it actually seems to work fine! But here's the original DH version if you would like to check it out.

View attachment hoi_counter_strip.rar

Ok, so here's the file. I've tried to simply copy paste your version into the DH folder and it actually seems to work fine! But here's the original DH version if you would like to check it out.
I've checked it and confirm that the base file is the same, so my modded one is indeed perfectly compatible.

Good to know! So, let's now mod the CORE counter strip for Hister (as requested in this thread) ;)

Edit:

Made an alternate cursor for Japan (a Katana sword):

--->

The new pointer can be found in the Corrections file, downloadable from the 1st post in this thread (for those interested in using it, the mouse pointer itself will be in the \Country-specific themes\jap\gxf\interface\ directory).

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks Titan79. Your continued work and Histers japanese AAR on Core 0.60 is making me want to go back to AoD...

That really warms my heart men - thank you so much for this statement!
...and thanks from me too, Uandwhosearmy! :)

Edit:

New version of Corrections uploaded; can be grabbed from the first post in this thread.

The addition is a new beach icon - it has been inspired by Darkest Hour's one, but I did a version of my own which is smaller, more colourful and has no "frame" around.

Here's how it looks:

Last edited:
Funny, was just thinking how good it would be to have such an icon - it is very useful especially when you have to do all the amphibious campaigns. One issue I find with your beach icons is that they kind'a merge with the rest of the background and don't stick out. I would prefer them to have a thin black frame. If you can get around it sometime I would appreciate it.

Feel kind'a bad by now asking you for all the changes, hope you are good with it, heh. :(

(...) One issue I find with your beach icons is that they kind'a merge with the rest of the background and don't stick out. I would prefer them to have a thin black frame. If you can get around it sometime I would appreciate it.

Feel kind'a bad by now asking you for all the changes, hope you are good with it, heh.
No, no, don't worry. I'm here also, and maybe especially, to listen to the requests of the community. :)

I agree that in some cases this new beach icon doesn't stick out too much from the terrain, but I've noticed this happens only in some plains provinces - on all other types of terrain it's ok, IMHO. In addition, even so I consider it to be much more visible than the vanilla one, which was sometimes really hard to spot at a glance.

However, if you'd prefer a slightly different one (bigger, with a small frame and a bit darker), then try this.

OK, good.

Will wait. Thanx.
Ah, the same recurring problem with Gamefront. It should be available within an hour or so, I guess.

I stumbled across a vanilla landscape folder and it's icons - have you checked it? I sense big improvement capabilities there... ;)

C:\Arsenal of Democracy - A Hearts of Iron Game\gfx\map\landscape
Hmmm, I suppose you're referring to the latest beta, right?

In any case, I have checked beta4 but there's nothing - probably it's in one of the previos versions. Could you please PM me the content of that folder? Thanks!

Erm, it was in there from the lunch of the game. I mean the icons there but now I realized they are not used in the game at all!!!?

Don't you have that folder Titan with these icons?

Ah, yes, sorry: my fault. I have them, of course - it's just that, as you wrote, they aren't used by the game.

So, false alarm ;)

Edit:

I've reworked the air missions gxf in order to make it hopefully even more readable at a glance. Now, military targets are green, strategic/installations are gray and naval are blue.

I've modded the artillery bombardment symbol as well (it's gray, now) - no screenshot for this, however ;)

The changes are in the Corrections file, downloadable from the first post in the thread.

Last edited: