• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So.. short summary..

Van Ossel is in Spanish employ.
De With is "Persian".
Tromp is leading the "free Dutch" navy ?

..Where's Michiel de Ruyter?

Wouldn't be too surprised if he was the second Dutch emissary.. (since that'd also conveniently keep him from slaughtering the Spanish navy :p)

Some great scenes there :)

Among the AARs that I started reading, even before signing up to this forum, this has to be the one that most inspired me to write my own AAR. While I'll have to admit that I'm still only on page 8 (pretty daunting task to read the other 300 something pages, but I plan to do so) the story is pretty captivating already.

So, I'll have to thank you canonized, for inspiring me to sign up and start writing my own AAR. ;)

Everyone gets inspired by this AAR, some people are just inspired to write very silly things after reading it...

As I knew, you didn't dissapoint me canon, Caliph's contribution was very good, I really enjoyed his descriptions and the atmosphere he created. The conversation between Ossel and Farazdaqi was really interesting and the conclusion of that section of the chapter, with more Spanish ships coming, was just magnificent. And what to say about the second part. This Lei character is quite intriguing and I'm really wanting to hear what he has in his mind. As always, excellent done!

Thank you very much ! Lei definitely has his own weird part to play in all of this . His identity will be one of the shockers of Season III !

There better be a picture of Admiral Ackbar for the next update...:D

haha , I'll try XD

The naval battle was beautiful and Calipah is a god of romantic prose.

Something important happened among the roar of cannon. I'm sure you'll tell us more about it later.

And I was spot on about San Sebastian, no?

Yes you were XD . More than you think . More in the next chapter ! And Calipah is definitely an amazing writer !

So.. short summary..

Van Ossel is in Spanish employ.
De With is "Persian".
Tromp is leading the "free Dutch" navy ?

..Where's Michiel de Ruyter?

Wouldn't be too surprised if he was the second Dutch emissary.. (since that'd also conveniently keep him from slaughtering the Spanish navy :p)

Some great scenes there :)

Haha , I have to save SOME Dutch Admirals for more climactic moments , don't you think ? XD Plus , who really likes Witt de With XD I tease , I tease .

Among the AARs that I started reading, even before signing up to this forum, this has to be the one that most inspired me to write my own AAR. While I'll have to admit that I'm still only on page 8 (pretty daunting task to read the other 300 something pages, but I plan to do so) the story is pretty captivating already.

So, I'll have to thank you canonized, for inspiring me to sign up and start writing my own AAR. ;)

Thank you so much ! :D It really does encourage me and warm my heart to see such comments ! I'll even add it to the Selected Praise portion in the front XD Please good luck in your writing and I do hope you catch up soon ! There are many Hollanders here who would love another one of their countrymen to beat me up whenever I don't get it right haha !

Everyone gets inspired by this AAR, some people are just inspired to write very silly things after reading it...

Haha I remember when you wrote your an inter-season showcase for me , Grubby . it was quite excellent !

Timelines: What if I failed to read all the pages no matter how many tries i've pursued? :p

It looks very interesting and allthough i had many tries in reading it since i appeared on the forum i had to recap because i was forgetting some things.

I wish there was a summary of a few pages. :(

Always nice to see Dutch naval activity, and perhaps even a victory... I wonder how that battle will really end.

Modern days continue to merely confuse the hell out of me :p

Thank you so much ! :D It really does encourage me and warm my heart to see such comments ! I'll even add it to the Selected Praise portion in the front XD Please good luck in your writing and I do hope you catch up soon ! There are many Hollanders here who would love another one of their countrymen to beat me up whenever I don't get it right haha !

Actually it's only the AAR that I write which is about Holland. I'm not. :) And wow...I definitely did not expect making the Selected Praise! Cool. :)

I've been feeling that way during all Season 3

Only during season 3?

Cannonized: I was actually refering to Vikings ;)

But the revolution pieces was indeed fun too

Only during season 3?

The previous two seasons weren't so confusing ;)

I think that is actually my favourite chapter so far in the whole AAR. Damn fine work! Seems like Van Ossel is going to be placed in an odd situation being on a Persian ship and his ships attacking it, but thats just how it goes. Awesome writing, Caliph was immense!

I think that is actually my favourite chapter so far in the whole AAR. Damn fine work! Seems like Van Ossel is going to be placed in an odd situation being on a Persian ship and his ships attacking it, but thats just how it goes. Awesome writing, Caliph was immense!

You should be contributing as well :D

Timelines: What if I failed to read all the pages no matter how many tries i've pursued? :p

It looks very interesting and allthough i had many tries in reading it since i appeared on the forum i had to recap because i was forgetting some things.

I wish there was a summary of a few pages. :(

There are several summaries actually in the beginning , but they only go so far XD . Keep at it , please !

Always nice to see Dutch naval activity, and perhaps even a victory... I wonder how that battle will really end.

Modern days continue to merely confuse the hell out of me :p

Haha , glad you liked it XD

I've been feeling that way during all Season 3

XD sorry about that ! all will be made clear soon enough !

Actually it's only the AAR that I write which is about Holland. I'm not. :) And wow...I definitely did not expect making the Selected Praise! Cool. :)

Haha i jumped the gun I apologise XD where are you from anyway if i might ask ?

Only during season 3?

The previous two seasons weren't so confusing ;)

True True XD

Wow thank you very much robou and Calipah will also be very happy to hear that :D

You should be contributing as well :D

i think he should too XD

*singing* "I'm caught in a trap/and I can't walk out"...

...Sorry. :p

Seriously, I absolutely loved the characterisation in this update. I really got a good sense of who all these people are and what they think of each other. And the background of the battle in the first part is enjoyable to read as well. :cool:

Wow thank you very much robou and Calipah will also be very happy to hear that :D

He writes in a beautifully flowing romantic way that my... what did you call it... post-Edwardian loss, just cannot match. I wish I could write like that. I am trying and failing at it for the writing competition... well, a little.

*singing* "I'm caught in a trap/and I can't walk out"...

...Sorry. :p

Seriously, I absolutely loved the characterisation in this update. I really got a good sense of who all these people are and what they think of each other. And the background of the battle in the first part is enjoyable to read as well. :cool:

Haha . I'm glad :D It was definitely one of those chapters where I enjoyed delving into the characters . We'll see a bit more of that in the coming updates !

Nothing to apologise for. Short versio of things: I'm half-English, half-Hungarian, living in France. :rolleyes:

Ahh I see very cool :D

He writes in a beautifully flowing romantic way that my... what did you call it... post-Edwardian loss, just cannot match. I wish I could write like that. I am trying and failing at it for the writing competition... well, a little.

I know ! I'll definitely miss it when he goes on his vacation =(

Capibara said:
As I knew, you didn't dissapoint me canon, Caliph's contribution was very good, I really enjoyed his descriptions and the atmosphere he created....etc

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

RGB said:
The naval battle was beautiful and Calipah is a god of romantic prose.

I was never called a deity before, so Im quite honored, thank you sir. :D

robou said:

This has made my day. To get such high praise from your kind self is in its own enough. Thank you!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I was never called a deity before, so Im quite honored, thank you sir. :D

This has made my day. To get such high praise from your kind self is in its own enough. Thank you!

We're always glad to have your participation , sahib !

We're always glad to have your participation , sahib !

Shh, Homeland Security might find out he is one of them dang foreigners! :D