• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like Ego, this may very wel be the difference between us having a successful game and a confused as hell not successful one, give me what your schedual is.

BurningEGO said:
I am fine with giving you the king titles in the east already Jorian, but you have about -5 MVLL and your reign will not last long.
only if you quit i ask for them, i like to be your Prince of Antioch :)

Sid Meier said:
LUrkens only reservation is if Varyar leaves, Varyar said he wouldn't leave and I don't think FinnN truly minds use cloning the game.
Any solution that doesn't leave EGO out in the cold with no game to play is fine with me. Having two games on different timeslots is a good idea, if it works.

Cuth said:
Quite frankly I'm disappointed and to some degree, disgusted with all of you but FinnN. This whole drama is childish and trivial and I feel this could all have been avoided if we had listened to the GM in the first place. In the rare case that KoM and EGO have decided to behave like adults I will be perfectly willing to try and negotiate a peace settlement between Leon and Norway.

EGO said:
Regarding this drama - i do agree 100% with you Cutie. I never expected this to happen when i roleplay a bit. RPing speeches are only meant to make the game funnier.

EGO said:
I still remember the words i used.

"All - KOM has dishonoured the deal"
"KOM is attacking my armies in Morray"

I have only used CAPS once, and that was because the GMs were paying 0 atention to what i was saying regarding rules. And when i did such, i was told to "shut the f*** up".

And so was Jorian. Countless times. Dont make yourself look like the Victim please. And do i have to state - again - that because of your atitude you were also warned in these forums? What were you saying about people not knowing what hapened in the past?

The last quote is inconsistent with the first quote and in contradiction with the second.

This is what I tried to tell you in a previous post EGO. Like the Western Isles thing, you somehow manage to take a trivial in-game event and turn it into the diplomatic event of the year.

Last edited:
Wow, alot has been happening.

I have to say, I would not come back to the game if EGO left. I believe it is unfair to EGO, he's built a strong realm with some skill, and he's put in at least as much time into that as the rest of us.

And I think there are plenty of players for two games, so long as new players aren't scared off by arguing.

fasquardon

Thats what I am trying to broker right now a game that doesnt leave ego out in the cold or deny him the realm he has built up, but we need to find a 4 hour timeslot, ANY 4 hour timeslot that Ego can play during, cmon ego you cant be busy during the time you usually sleep.

It does seem that there are multiple people who do not wish to deprive Ego of a game. That is a reasonable and principled point of view. Perhaps, then, it would be better to leave the current TWBW game where it is, and concentrate on building a new one in, say, the Sunday timeslot. Fasquardon, might you join such a game?

ego wont be deprived of a game, thats what i am trying to settle.

Well, I don't see why both games can't happily exist side-by-side. I think both games will need renaming though, and fresh threads for both to consign the history to history. Once we've sorted out some house keeping we'll do exactly that and I hope the 'new hope game' does likewise.

For me the only viable weekend slot is when we're playing already. Earlier on Saturday and I lose the whole daytime, later and I lose the whole evening. Sunday is out for me as are weekday daytimes. A midweek evening would be perfect for me, but I guess that would exclude just about everyone else.

As I understand it we have:

Me
Cuthuthulu
Jorian
BEGO
Sid
Carillon

Any others of the existing lot? If we can avoid future bickerings (I'm actually thinking we may manage it this time) then we'll probably attract more new players further down the line, as will the other game.

Also this is too few players to have 3 GMs. We could either do without them altogether (not an option I favour but we could give it a go) or we should pick one plus a sub. We also need a new host. Now would be a good time to throw together some suggestions!

Have fun
Finn

How are your fridays?

carillon said:
I could host, I have a decent connection and a good computer.

OK that's great - looks like you just volunteered for that one!

Fridays are out really. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings 19:00+ GMT would work best for me. The time we currently do on Saturdays is OK as I can still do stuff in the morning/lunchtime and go out in the evening, if it moved to a different time on Saturday I'd probably have to drop out. Likewise Sundays isn't doable.

Have fun
Finn

weekdays from like 7+ PM Eastern stabdard time would work for me in most cases.

Thats what I am trying to broker right now a game that doesnt leave ego out in the cold or deny him the realm he has built up, but we need to find a 4 hour timeslot, ANY 4 hour timeslot that Ego can play during, cmon ego you cant be busy during the time you usually sleep.

Sorry, i dont think game should move, nor do i have any timeslot apart from the current one (the timeslots currently open are already filled with EU2).

Moving the time slot will mean even more people will leave. I pretty much doubt that 7 or more people can play all at the same day at the same time. Apart from Saturdays (current time), because that was what everyone agreed when they joined the game.

Apart from that, do you really think i would sacrifice my sleep just to play? I only sacrifice my sleep when i have something important in my hands and barely no time to do it. And even if i sacrificed my sleep, i doubt other players would. FinnN for example lives in Europe.

Is there any consensus in this thread on whether or not the game time is being moved?

Sid Meier said:
weekdays from like 7+ PM Eastern stabdard time would work for me in most cases.
we should stay the same time we were before, this game was the first or not? the other should change their time if they want

I can play the day we played till now, what i can do is max to play some hours earlier or later

Last edited:
Well it looks like we're sticking to the original time then...

...back to the question of GMs - do we experiment with having none (bad idea IMHO, but worth putting on the table) or do we go with 2 (a senior one and a junior one). If we go with 2 GMs I suggest that we go with my idea outlined above that they basically both have powers, but the senior one can veto the junior one if he feels that it's important enough. Finally, if we're having GMs, do we go with the results of the recent vote (which would make the GMs me and Sid) or do we have a fresh vote (if so we need to be quick). What's the consensus on this?

Have fun
Finn

FinnN said:
Well it looks like we're sticking to the original time then...

...back to the question of GMs - do we experiment with having none (bad idea IMHO, but worth putting on the table) or do we go with 2 (a senior one and a junior one). If we go with 2 GMs I suggest that we go with my idea outlined above that they basically both have powers, but the senior one can veto the junior one if he feels that it's important enough. Finally, if we're having GMs, do we go with the results of the recent vote (which would make the GMs me and Sid) or do we have a fresh vote (if so we need to be quick). What's the consensus on this?

Have fun
Finn
im fine with having gm-s but i would prefer to have 'game coordinators' who have nearly same rights as all others, and an editor, we are not playing D&D or what :p

jorian said:
we should stay the same time we were before, this game was the first or not? the other should change their time if they want
Most people want to keep the saturday timeslot in the other game too, which leads us to the original problem of forcing people to choose between the two rather than being able to play both. For the sake of keeping players it hardly matters which game was "first".

It was a longshot to begin with though...

Varyar said:
Most people want to keep the saturday timeslot in the other game too, which leads us to the original problem of forcing people to choose between the two rather than being able to play both. For the sake of keeping players it hardly matters which game was "first".

It was a longshot to begin with though...
the fact is that i have game sessions all other days suggested till now, and i joined those after this started, so i had a game for every day since thursday till monday.
I can't quit those now, and whatever others might say, this is still the original game and it shouldn't happen that this one has to change its timeframe

I a sorry about this but depending when that other game starts with KoM, I will probably have to resign from this game, this pisses me off to no end as all of my time building up russia would have been a waste but unless you guys can figure out a way to freeing up time on a different time of the week I cannot play 2 games at once at the same time.