• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll double-fire you then!

Would you change opinion if I told you podcat's original nickname was podkitty?
Probably not. I've seen a lot of nicknames in my time but English-type nicknames are mostly very generic and with this language not being my prime subtle meanings can slip away. The best way to underline someone's gender is to set a little icon telling someone is male of female. It works on discussion forums I've seen so far. You could make it optional for everyone willing to use it.

What she means is she is just as good as a male programmer so gender shouldn't be an issue.
I never said she isn't a good programmer nor I said the gender is an issue. I only explained why she has been referred to as "sir" here. I don't care for gender of my co-discutant myself as in English you don't differentiate genders when you talk with someone. It's only problematic when you talk about someone and even then I consider it a minor faux pas, occurring mainly due to lack of clarity. In my image woman is free to do anything she is capable of as long as it's done well. I leave gender stereotypes and bias to everyone else as it doesn't reflect the reality itself, only the image of reality.

Last edited:
Paradox surely has an awesome development team. :) I don't know any other company that has devs talking to their players, let alone joking around with them and showing that they're REAL humans!!!!!!11

No jokes, you guys are awesome.

A slight layout issue:

Under the "Changes to leaders and traits" section, the line "Superior Air tactician - from winning air combat" appears as a header, when it probably shouldn't.

Hopefully I can figure out how to use LC now. After that, I need to figure out where my TFH code is and enter it. I'll feel accomplished then!

IMO if you are going to upgrade from transports dont stop till you get assault ships, they are juggernaughts and really the only value in that line.

lol

Had nice laughs here..

To get all that might be confused back on track..
If that pic below looks female, I don't know..

Another person from the dev team who needs very little introduction to most of you. Everyone - meet PodCat.

Name: Podcat
Paradox role: Programmer and soon lead on secret project
What I enjoy most about my work: The creativity and curry Wednesdays
Little known facts: I collect pocket knives and enjoy a good cigar.
Weird talent: I'm good at blowing up imaginary internet spaceships (ranked 68 in the world).
Best Paradox moment: First game release I was on (Rome).
Family secret: We have been working secretly with the vatican to combat the return of Zombie Napoleon.

dan.jpg

More info/pics of employees here(old Paradox Advent Calendar etc.):

General current interesting info about PDS:
Paradox Development Studio have grown, morphed and changed quite alot through its history, but the core still remains. There will be a history here eventually.

We are now a development studio fully owned by Paradox Interactive, with 23 people on staff, working on 4 games in parallell.

- We have a team of 3 artists led by Aerie, who makes all the art for our titles.
- Besuchov leads one project team of 4 people.
- Doomdark leads one project team of 3 people.
- Birken leads one project team of 3 people.
- Podcat leads one project team of 3 people.
- QA is two people, with Forzaa as QA manager.

- Main staff of me as Studio Manager, King as Game Designer, Tegus as Engine Programmer, Kallocain as producer, and Regina as PR.

God, we've grown a bit since we were 7 people doing EU3...

right, imho Paradox is special

Can anyone help? I have been playing the Their Finest Hour when but when I attempted to enter the game the next day I received a error of virtualfilesystem. ccp ???. However, I need assistance to correct this if anyone has the answer please let me know. Thanks you

Can anyone help? I have been playing the Their Finest Hour when but when I attempted to enter the game the next day I received a error of virtualfilesystem. ccp ???. However, I need assistance to correct this if anyone has the answer please let me know. Thanks you

Why would you post this here?

Tech support, man. Like any other time you have a technical problem with a game.

This could escalate very quickly.

. In my image woman is free to do anything she is capable of as long as it's done well. I leave gender stereotypes and bias to everyone else as it doesn't reflect the reality itself, only the image of reality.

I truly agree with your sentiment here. Some of the smartest women I know are female. :D

Paradox surely has an awesome development team. :) I don't know any other company that has devs talking to their players, let alone joking around with them and showing that they're REAL humans!!!!!!11

No jokes, you guys are awesome.

Did anybody else try to follow the link to real humans? :unsure:

I had noticed this thread a couple weeks ago, but thought it was about wishing for a manual-so ignored it. Much to my surprise this evening--there was a manual--and much more. Equal rights, workplace behavior, Swedish labor law, grammar and more. It reminds me of an old tune by David Allen Coe; You Never Even Called Me by My Name. This song is also known as the "perfect country and western song"--which is the connection to this near perfect thread.

Thanks for the manual--short but useful.

This could escalate very quickly.

I truly agree with your sentiment here. Some of the smartest women I know are female. :D

Did anybody else try to follow the link to real humans? :unsure:

First of all, no, it can't, as I was replying to a necro. I was trying to direct the confused soul to the tech support forum. The conversation you're referring to, and trying to join in on, happened last year.

Second, the person you quoted first was someone who was extremely confused, and also doesn't seem to understand jokes. What he'd said was a non sequitur.