+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paradox Advent Calendar #13

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Paradox Advent Calendar #13

This person needs no further introduction to most of you. One of the most accessible CEO's in the business, Fred has been the main driving force behind the company you know as Paradox Interactive today. Read his blog: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/thewesterfront and follow him on Twitter @thewesterfront

Name: Fredrik Wester [Fredrik II]
    Paradox role: CEO
    What I enjoy most about my work: Looking at new games and planning ahead
    Little known fact: Used to speak quite good Japanese after studying Japanese in Sapporo
    Weird talent: Knows the lyrics to all Metallica songs up to the album “Load”
    Best Paradox moment: Releasing Hearts of Iron 2 under our own publishing label was great
    Family secret: My two sons are named after two of the fighting kings in the Hundred Years War (Edward and Ludwig, the latter being German/Swedish for Louis) after my wife vetoed Richard (after R. Plantagenet)

Last edited by Susana; 13-12-2010 at 12:56.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

i didn't recognize him with his hair
    and as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention

to alchohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems- Homer J Simpson

secrecy begs tyranny- jubal harshaw

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

also known as perfidious Albert Wesker

… when he doubles as CEO of Umbrella Corporation.
    Last edited by silktrader; 13-12-2010 at 09:56.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the VikingsCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by silktrader View Post
    also known as perfidious Albert Wesker

… when he doubles as CEO of Umbrella Corporation.

rofl

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Doing a great job Fred, keep those games coming!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldVictoria 2V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    Hoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

We share a weird talent.

Bavarian Emperor X_MasterDave_X's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Susana
    One of the most accessible CEO's in the business...
    Yes...and a very honest one also. I remeber reading a interview with him. And he really gave nice insights into the company, also admitted that and how mistakes were made...and explained why. Really lovely to see, that he is so differnt from other CEO´s.

Paradox is now a successful and well known company.....one that doesnt have to fear the really big fishes in the pond. I wish Paradox, his CEO, and all who work for Paradox the best.....and hope they never stop to make the games for which they have become famous.

P.S.: He seems to be a big soccer fan. Nice.
    One of the 2 lucky winners of the 200k celebration
    TY Paradox for lifetime supply of your games !!!

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

What would you have named your daughter? Elizabeth / Victoria? Did the game 'Victoria' get this name because you didn't get to name any daughters (yet)?

P.S. the Wester Front should really be mentioned.
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Is it just me, or does he look like arnold swarznegger (sp.)
    Good point I will add it to the profile

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

I think he looks a bit like Andy Bernard from the US Office:

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Frederik, for making Paradox the company it is... keep up the good work
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

53 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by slugo View Post
    i didn't recognize him with his hair
    Same, plus he seems a lot younger in that picture?

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Teurlinx View Post
    What would you have named your daughter? Elizabeth / Victoria? Did the game 'Victoria' get this name because you didn't get to name any daughters (yet)?
    My wife really likes the name Rebecca and I guess it's her time to choose

Quote Originally Posted by Teurlinx View Post
    P.S. the Wester Front should reallyM be mentioned.
    Absolutely:
    http://www.paradoxplaza.com/thewesterfront
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheWesterFront (Facebook)
    http://api.twitter.com/#!/TheWesterFront (Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by X_MasterDave_X
    P.S.: He seems to be a big soccer fan. Nice.
    Yes, the picture is taken at Camp Nou before a match between Barcelona and Getafe.

Just two weeks ago I went to see Man Utd - Blackburn (7:1)
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

nice to meet you

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik II View Post
    My wife really likes the name Rebecca and I guess it's her time to choose
    So, are we then gonna name our next game Rebecka?
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gars View Post
    So, are we then gonna name our next game Rebecka?
    Careful, or He will change your Forum nick to Rebecca and then you'll be known as: "The Scripter named Rebecca."

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik II View Post
    Yes, the picture is taken at Camp Nou before a match between Barcelona and Getafe.

Just two weeks ago I went to see Man Utd - Blackburn (7:1)
    Please adopt me!

One Word That Describes Me: Paraddictive
    Europa Universalis I, II, III, NA, IN, HttT, DW and EU:Rome, Vae Victis Hearts of Iron I, II, III, DD and Anthology
    Victoria + Revolutions Diplomacy Crusader Kings I, II + Deus Vult Crown of the North and Two Thrones

584 - Ett medeltida rollspel
    Spela det på det Skandinaviska subforumet

Ta och titta in en stund Forum Skandinaviska och ta del av
    mp-spel, rollspel, diverse modifikationer och underbara AAR:s.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

To be honest, I tend to generally dislike CEO's. I wish more of them were like Fredrik
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Do you have a favourite team or are you rather a general connoisseur of the fine art that is football?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast