• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK. I still do not know what is going on with the nastiness, but I have decided to let it lie. This is clearly a forum where newbies are not welcomed.
Oh come on, don't be like that it was a snarky joke by Blanch (he has a specific sense of humor). I think he is pointing out that Planetfall mod system altho more customizable was more cumbersome and harder to manage than the new AoW 4 system.

Oh come on, don't be like that it was a snarky joke by Blanch (he has a specific sense of humor). I think he is pointing out that Planetfall mod system altho more customizable was more cumbersome and harder to manage than the new AoW 4 system.
The literal words read that I am open to it even if I might personally find it a baffling addition. Maybe they'd do it in a way I find interesting. I'm not a big fan of tactical in a TBS, so I'm not a big fan of having to manage a weapons system on behalf of it. But then, AOW4 isn't planetfall, so it would probably be more straightforward anyway.

In general, I find the expectations of Planetfall players annoying, but I am also open minded. It's a classic feature of the Alpha Centauri, but Planetfall isn't Alpha Centauri, and the AOW mainline isn't XCOM. AOW4 incorporates some great elements from Planetfall, and I am also glad that I am not hand picking obscure sci-fi frag weaponry on it when I'd rather be playing a Turn Based Grand Strategy game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I already wrote before that the game is a beta and here on the forum they disagreed with this. They added that I was writing about the problems of multiplayer, but few people play it. I abandoned the game for a month and now I see some intermediate results. According to reviews over the last month on Steam, the game has dropped to 67% positive and is in the category of “mediocre” (so-called “mixed” reviews). Not a single game in this series has fallen so low. And of course this will affect sales of future games in the series, if there are any at all. I looked at the negative reviews and saw that most of them referred to various problems in multiplayer (when the game is in beta, this is not surprising and would not be an issue if the game was released as a complete game). And this means that multiplayer problems greatly affect the game’s rating. And what really surprises me is the inability of the Triumph team, which made an excellent game in terms of content, to eliminate the critical balance problems that have already been written about, as well as written about different ways to solve them. These problems - the best and invincible strategy is the strategy of developing 6 industrialist heroes to level 20 around the 40th move. And also the extremely strange inability of the developers to eliminate the situation that the third book should always be the same one, which is an order of magnitude more useful than the others.I also see that on the forums, where they always (every evening) played all the games in this series (multiplayer), they have now almost stopped playing, and modders have stopped making balance mods for the game (including because they are tired of redoing them after each patch for the game).This is a beta game, the developers planned to finally adjust the balance only 9 months after the game’s release - in the 4th quarter of 2023. I'm sure that by the end of 2024 (that is, another year) the game will be great, but few people will be interested in it anymore.
I have been playing it for days on end. I love it, and I will keep playing. I just had that one little thing that I liked from the last game. Overall, it rocks.

In general, I find the expectations of Planetfall players annoying, but I am also open minded. It's a classic feature of the Alpha Centauri, but Planetfall isn't Alpha Centauri, and the AOW mainline isn't XCOM. AOW4 incorporates some great elements from Planetfall, and I am also glad that I am not hand picking obscure sci-fi frag weaponry on it when I'd rather be playing a Turn Based Grand Strategy game.
Yeah I know that, you mentioned expectation part before. I'm neutral about mod system vs enchant system both have their pros and cons.
About picking obscure weaponry for your armies could be a part (and it was in Planetfall) of playing a Turn Based Grand Strategy game, just saying. ;P

• 1Love
Reactions: