• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Coming soon...
Coming soon~...
upload_2020-1-4_22-42-11.png

upload_2020-1-4_22-42-44.png

upload_2020-1-4_22-43-11.png

Uneasy Peace 0.80 (Pearl of the East)
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/19kcnk77sdhsac1/Uneasy Peace 0.80.zip?dl=0
Changelog 0.80:
Fixed:

- The Mod is now perfectly compressed in the Rar/Zip, there shouldn't be any missing files within the folder;
- Events have been properly polished and now works just in time;
- Ministers' Trait properly adjusted;
Added:
- New Starting Date (1920) with proper tech, ministers and OOB;
- Ethiopia, Denmark, Ireland, Afghanistan, Zhili Clique have events;
- German East Asia is now available (no content yet other than flag, ministers and proper location);
- Added Flavours for France (Up to 1924), Germany (Up to 1932) and Britain (Up to 1925);
- Added Zhili Clique, Fengtian Clique, Kuomintang; (Look at notes for more info)
- Reworked Italy events, now you can avoid Civil War and also create a SocDem Republic;
Planned for 0.90:
- Adding more Finland-related events;
- Flesh out Indian Civil War;
- Introduce more Ministers Traits;
- Much more;

Update Notes: This took way too long to be concluded. I sure now know that working alone on something this big is though and... that is why I'm thinking of recruiting a team (a big one) to completely get things going. Delays have been caused by Writing, Uni's issues and the fact that the China Update was released and... I will not follow up with the KR4 timeline. As much as the team there can do some stuff with HoI4, the same gigs can't be done in DH and so some timeline changes are planned.

Like, the new Qing Empire is more of a hybrid between Sun Yatsen's KMT with Pu Yi as a figurehead imposed by the Germans and (yes, I will go A-hist over this) Sun Yatsen pulls a 'Floyd Olson' and survive the illness (Liver Cancer) that killed him. I have some plans over the 'shattering of balance' in that (not so) harmonious coalition and I will take just some inspiration from what I've seen in the Qing's KR4 Focus Tree. It's a radical twist, I'm aware of that, but I've also to consider the limits of the game and how putting too much inside of it can melt some PCs.

So yes, I will post some more news about the whole 'Team' idea and I will keep you all informed.

Bye and see you soon~!

P.S. Feeback would be lovely, especially since sometime it might happen that the file 'could still' get corrupted. If there is any issue like that or something else, it would help a lot to hear about it.

Last edited:
Installation instructions?
1. Download the file;
2. Place the folder within the zip that is called 'Uneasy Peace' in the mod directory, which is usually in "Darkest Hour A HOI Game/Mods";
3. Start launcher and you are ready to go.

I use the DHEC Cheats. What directory do I put the two files?
You can put the files everywhere that is within the Events folder. Then you have to add the lines in the 1914_events file that direct to the files.

Recruitment for a Team
After spending some time pondering over the subject, I've decided to set up a proper Recruitment campaign for a full team that will dedicate on developing The Uneasy Peace. As this project is massive and I find myself dealing with my own personal issues, I think it's best to have a team to work on the project so that the mod can be perfectly polished and brought to a state of best gameplay.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/aUPU5pa

The Beta 1.0 is now up!
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/21fu9jnwq1o7013/tUP 1.0.rar?dl=0
Changelog 1.00:
Fixed:

- The Mod is now perfectly compressed in the Rar/Zip, there shouldn't be any missing files within the folder;
- Fixed the Colonial Scramble after British Revolution;
- Fixed some Ministers' portraits;
Added:
- Mittelafrika! Heia Safari!
- Finland, Portugal, Spain, Mittelafrika, German East Asia have events;
- Vietnamese National Rebellion! You can now see German East Asia lose control of Vietnam to rebels. The 'Civil War' has events for both aftermaths;
- Added Flavours for Spain (Up to 1932), Japan (Up to 1932) and China(Up to 1930);
- Reworked China into something new!; (Look at notes for more info)
- New Ministers traits!;
-Much more!
Planned for next version:
- Integrating/Adjusting 1936 events from Kaiserreich Mod;
- Add some more Ahistorical elements to the events chains to spice things up and make the mod experience interesting;
- Possible more adjustments to China;
- Much more;

Update Notes: Once again, It took me a while to see this update leaving. I was planning to just go for the 0.90 patch, but I decided to spearhead to actually finish the Alpha efforts. Right now we're in Beta 1.0 and we can now enter the next phase of this mod. Since tUP makes use of some tags different to KR mod (and there are events that will be changed to fit with the KR4 alterations added to it, I will have to make sure tags and events match with the timeline).

After listening to legitimate concerns over China's situation, I've decided to study the situation a little more and develop this kind of timeline:
Summary: The Death of Sun Yat-sen brought an incredible amount of instability within the already-fragmented KMT. With various factions and minor groups associated with the Nationalists preparing for some inner warring, a single politician stood up to make a dreadful affair with the German Empire. Liao Zhongkai was an admirable diplomat that had proved himself already as an excellent mediator between what was left of the Communist Party and the more right-wing parts of the KMT. Considered a viable successor to Sun Yat-sen, the man decided to put a monumental effort to try and bargain for foreign help to unify China. Convincing Germany proved to be a smart decision, especially with how antagonistic the nature of the Kaiserreich in front of Japanese Dominance in Asia. With empty promises of a Qing Restoration, the Northern Expedition was aided by the German troops stationed in Asia, forcing the Zhili Clique and their lapdops in Nanjing to submit to Guangzhou's control. The late 1920s proved to be the last few years of instability in China, with Liao's reputation taking a dent at the issue created by the Constitutional Monarchy based in Beijing. But the aftermath of the Civil War left the KMT in a favorable position to eventually oust Pu Yi from power for the third time, bringing the basis to create a solid republic over the careful planning of Liao. An election followed and... the KMT has lost plenty of Democratic allies:
- The Kuomintang itself is splintered between the moderates of Liao Zhongkai, the right-wing side ruled by young General Jiang Jieshi, and the Revolutionary Leftists under Wang Jingwei.
- The Public Interest Party (PIP) was created by Chen Jiongming as a platform for Federalism in China. While Chen still control a large majority of the party, two others sides have developed between co-founder Tang Jiyao, who leads the right-wing side of it, and Li Jishen, which promotes a form of restrained federalism in China, well aware that a full federalization would only hurt the nation;
- The Young China Party (YCP) is considered the foundation of the National Revolutionary Army. Many soldiers have sworn loyalty to the liberal ideas promoted by Liang Qichao, while the rest have their loyalties divided among Gu Weijun (better known to the Westerners as Wellington Koo), a veteran Diplomat with moderate ties, and Li Liejun, a Conservative General.
The odds are stacked for Liao's success despite the unpleasant development of seeing the Qing restored for a brief period of time, and there are still rumors of Manchu Restorationists preparing coups all over the country once they gain a good foothold of the nation. Better be careful!

And with that comes to an end the changelog of the 1.0 of the Beta. I hope that there are no problem in the installation!

Bye and see you soon~!

Installation guide: 1) Put the folder within the Rar in Darkest Hour A HOI Game/Mod Folder; 2) Start Launcher and Select Uneasy Peace; 3) The game launches!

Little warning: Sound and Music are set to 0 in this version as I found some issues making it work with my PC without having the audio crash on my headphones. If you don't have any issues like that, you can set the audio by the ingame menu.

P.S. Feeback would be lovely, especially since sometime it might happen that the file 'could still' get corrupted. If there is any issue like that or something else, it would help a lot to hear about it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Link is now fixed. It didn't copy the correct one when I went through the process of producing one through Dropbox.

• 1Like
Reactions:
why it has the subtitle 1920-1990????
Once I'm done integrating the KR events and add all plans for Ahistorical events, i think I will put some effort to make some cold-war style events for the mod. I've big plans about that and plenty of ideas of how to implement some bizarre events.

• 1Like
Reactions:
well, got a few things to report, first off the flag ext is kinda off for GEA resulting in the flag not showing properly, secondly the ministers for the Nanjing Clique randomly changed after I exited and reloaded to the ordinary ROC ministers (that occassionally show up in TGC when you get rid of Sun Zhongshan.) I would say more about the Qing but most of it has been already said.(MAN is a tag that can be used in lieu of CHI when the Qing are "restored".)

Reactions:
Some things I noticed while playing as Germany until march 1925 (the British Revolution):
- The techs have been updated for a start in 1920 (a bit too generous here and there perhaps) but the units have still the same tech level as in 1914. Also the building queu has not changed. One would think that those ships would have been ready by then.
- When the Kingdom of Two Sicilies declares Independance in January 1920, Germany for some reason loses Malta.
- The flag of German East Asia does not show properly.
- Ethiopia loses Eritrea when Egypt becomes independent in march 1921 even though the later has no claims or cores to the area. There seems to be no event for Ethiopia about this either.
- The problems with colonies during the British Revolution has not been completely solved. For some strange reason Germany gets the greater part of the Dutch East Indies. Only Northern Borneo (formerly British) should become German.

Reactions: