• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Snake IV said:
On a second thought Denmark and Norway shouldn't be able. Anyway I think you are not informed enough. There is a channel going from Kiel to aorund Hamburg (I think) called the Kiel channel. Owning Kiel in HoI makes it possible to move through form one side to another even if Copenhagen is in hostile hands.

Im being daft, i forgot about Kiel- i lost it to the Germans and couldnt get into the baltic.

Excellent victories, Most Utterly Fearless Leader! We demand you burn Berlin to the ground. Execute the entire adult male population, and keep the women and children. Perhaps we can use them as bargaining chips with the aliens.

Excellent victories, Most Utterly Fearless Leader! We demand you burn Berlin to the ground. Execute the entire adult male population, and keep the women and children. Perhaps we can use them as bargaining chips with the aliens.

Im glad your enjoying the AAR ;)

Closer....

Victory In Stralsund!

We have defeated the defenders of Stralsund and General Loyds army raced to the province to prepare for the inevitable counter-attacks from the combined Soviet and German forces.

General Loyd Arrives in Stralsund

We know what you are thinking, you feel Berlin is tantalisingly close and we agree but we will not rush this. We never dreamed we would be contemplating invading Berlin, when this invasion started we just wanted to hold on and yet here we are. On the cusp of one the most important battles of the war, if Berlin would fall into British hands it would surely go down in history as one of the greatest victories of all time.
Yet for now Berlin is not our objective, we will not even consider taking Berlin until Potsdam is back in British hands. The recapture of Potsdam will mean we have retaken all that we have lost and will ensure any army attacking Berlin will have support from nearby provinces.

We do forsee other problems aswell. The Germans are not going to let us walk in and take their capital, we will have to fight for it against hardened German troops [possibly with Soviet aid] intent on defending their Capital. Include to that the heavy fortifications that are in Berlin and we will have serious problems in capturing the prized city.

Another real headache for us is Lt. General Montgomery, we wish to send him to Italy but we cannot help but wonder how useful he could be in Germany especially if we have to invade Berlin, he is talented in fighting against fortresses after all. If we do not send him to Italy the front there will continue to be a stalemate and we will lose more time to defeat the Communists in a vital front. The capture of Italy could be yet another turning point in this war and Montgomery would help us to achieve this.

Montgomery stationed in Germany but is he Bound for Italy?

On a different note we couldnt help but notice the Germans Industry and the shocking low it has reached, we are currently operating with a healthier Industry than Germany. This is fantastic news and should help in slowing them down greatly in replacing lost divisions and in building new ones.

Gul Brown said:
On a different note we couldnt help but notice the Germans Industry and the shocking low it has reached, we are currently operating with a healthier Industry than Germany. This is fantastic news and should help in slowing them down greatly in replacing lost divisions and in building new ones.
With this in mind I belive Germany is more important than Itlay, that it is better to keep the momentum you have.

You own that much and the French aren't helping?!?
I would of milcontroled them a long time ago. When i amphibously (i think spelled properly) assaulted the germans in the north and went down to essen area, the French started Pouring out... Well, God bless the empire would be an appropriate thing to say here.

With this in mind I belive Germany is more important than Itlay, that it is better to keep the momentum you have.

I see your point, i would just love to Puppet Italy, help yugoslavia and create a second front in Germany. Im also wary if Montgomery would be enough to win in Italy.

You own that much and the French aren't helping?!?
I would of milcontroled them a long time ago. When i amphibously (i think spelled properly) assaulted the germans in the north and went down to essen area, the French started Pouring out... Well, God bless the empire would be an appropriate thing to say here.

Im quite surprised myself at the Frenchs lack of action. I dont want to take control over them though. They have a huge army and so much of it is defending the Belgian border! Im also hoping the Commies will DOW Belgium and the Netherlands.

What a comeback! :D

Given that it is June already, I doupt that Germany will declare the Benelux war without any controlled province bordering them. :(

Snake IV said:
Given that it is June already, I doupt that Germany will declare the Benelux war without any controlled province bordering them. :(

Snake IV, i second your expression :( that is bad news, lets hope you are wrong.

What a comeback! :D

Im quite pleased with it myself :)

Expect an Update within the next few hours.

Fearless Leader, you continue to deny your knowledge of the coming Alien war. Why then, on the first page does it say this:

Earths fight for Survival

What do you say to that? I knew you knew about the aliens...

Anyway, great update.

Snake IV said:
I agree with that unless they completely anialate (spelled very wrong) you, i doubt they'd declare war on the Low lands.

AOK. 11 said:
Fearless Leader, you continue to deny your knowledge of the coming Alien war. Why then, on the first page does it say this:

What do you say to that? I knew you knew about the aliens...

Anyway, great update.

Well, Earth is involved in a World wide War. Get your way outta that one ;)

I agree with that unless they completely anialate (spelled very wrong) you, i doubt they'd declare war on the Low lands.

Its a real shame, if they did [i will continue to hope] i would get two new Allies [hopefully] and then perhaps France [and Belgium and the Netherlands] would send troops to aid me.

WONDERFUL update By the way :D

Thanks to all of you for reading :) ....the Ultimate War

A Flurry Of Fury

What an eventful time it has been since our last message to you, this message will not be able to hold all of the events that have transpired.
Those events, have been furious battles all over Germany as our armies look to regain their momentum and to do this we must continue our surge into Germany.

Our initial attack was into Potsdam, seeing as we lost this province to the Communists it felt only right that we take it back [while giving them a bloody nose] before we move onto anything else. Also, as you are aware it will prove essential for any future attacks on Berlin.

Our Forces Attack Potsdam

Our Forces are Victorious in Potsdam - General Loyd in the North Assured the Victory by Supporting the Attack

Encouraged by this victory we decided to launch an ambitious attack on Berlin, the armies in Potsdam would be supported by General Loyd in the North in an attempt to overwhelm the enemy forces in the German Capital.

The Prize: Berlin

Berlin is such a valuable province in this war to tell you would be stating the obvious. If we can capture this legendary city the war could very well change in our favour. This wont be easy, the Germans have heavily fortified the city and we are aware that taking Berlin will involve heavy street fighting and casualties will likely be very high against a highly trained and determined enemy. We are also pleased to see German industry is so low and we wonder what effect losing Berlin will have on them.

The Attack On Berlin​

Our Forces Getting Final Instructions for the Attack

The Attack on Berlin Begins and Instantly we are Losing

We Have Been Unable to Capture Berlin However we Shall be Back for Another Attempt

Our Divisions were set up in preparation for the attack but ultimately we failed to capture Berlin [this time], we even sent an extra two divisions into the conflict to try and change the tide of our inevitable defeat [more men then General Loyd can command] but alas it proved futile. We shall have to wait for those divisions to move out of Berlin before we try again.

Before we attempted our attack on Berlin we launched an attack on Dresden, this province is a key part of German industry and is thus very valuable. Its capture would be of great use to us, would further damage the Germans Industry and would free up some divisions from defending the border. In a side note we have marked Usti as a key province to be captured due to its heavy fortifications. If we could capture the former Czech provinces that make up the Sudetenland they could act as another buffer that would be very hard to break through and further allow us to free up troops due to the light garrisons that could be placed in those areas thanks to the heavy fortifications. First though, Dresden had to fall.

Luckily the man placed in charge of this vital mission was General O'Connor. He has proved his skill on numerous occasion and command has been delighted with his abilities and string of victories in Germany, if anyone could bring us Dresden it was O'Connor.

O'Connor Leads his Troops Into Battle Against the German Defenders in Dresden

Thanks to General O'Connor [Supported by Surrounding Divisions] Dresden has Been Captured! This is a key Victory for Britain and the Allies!

boom said:
you are still my Hero Gul! lol been able to stick with this game almost 5-8 months (foregot how many) i would never be able to do that...

Thanks, nice to see you here and im glad you are enjoying my AAR. :)

To be honest, i think im going to be at this AAR for years, theres a long way to go.

Screaming-Eagle said:
This AAR is underrated. Keep up the amazing work. Look forward to another someday. :D

Hey, thanks for the kind words [so many of you have been great]

Im glad you guys are enjoying my AAR.