• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The first stages of the plan went without problem, despite brave Australian defenders. holding every town and road junction.
damn straight. i seriously dont know why the terrain on some of the east coats is'nt jungle, in my local area you just cant walk through the bush without running into deadly insects/animals overgrown tracks and small body's of water blocking easy routes, what we classify 'woods' or 'forest' you guys classify jungle -_- but anyways good luck with fighting in the mountains in N.S.W my australian campaign has halted many advances thier (and it was on very hard as well).
as for the save vote i vote play from febuary nothing will much will change if you pay attention to your AAR and act accordingly besides its not the same not having the faction's etc

damn straight. i seriously dont know why the terrain on some of the east coats is'nt jungle, in my local area you just cant walk through the bush without running into deadly insects/animals overgrown tracks and small body's of water blocking easy routes, what we classify 'woods' or 'forest' you guys classify jungle -_- but anyways good luck with fighting in the mountains in N.S.W my australian campaign has halted many advances thier (and it was on very hard as well).
as for the save vote i vote play from febuary nothing will much will change if you pay attention to your AAR and act accordingly besides its not the same not having the faction's etc

The terrain is one thing that isnt in my favour. Besides the forrest areas, the mountain ranges in front of my advance will make reaching the southern cities that much harder.

For everyone else, I probably will try to replay from Febuary, but I want a general opinion, even if I dont listen to it.

its not a joke, its what makes us so tough i guess haha

Well tough is a realative term here. I'd rather have my men right from Siberria...

Well anyways,Ive heard that there are beautiful Islands there :D

Indeed, pity that all the airbases and docked aircraft carriers ruin the view.

Haha,yeah I agree there is even a joke about it that in Australia everything can kill you :D

Including the two corps of Russians!

[video=youtube;fXW02XmBGQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXW02XmBGQw[/video]

I have fixed the savegame! No more issues!

Well, except one, some nations have lost some units. In itself, not a huge problem. Some crafty play will hide this...

Looks like its a triple threat match at Australia right now Soviets-Aussies-Nature
actually its a double on , aussies w/ nature Vs. the soviet union ( you dont think we know how to tame our wild ? i have a family of huntsmen in my room i keep them so they kill roaches etc) safe to say if the soviets didnt have the great MajorMayhem leading them they would perish in weeks.

This AAR may well be in jepardy - HoI keeps crashing as I try to save. Working on the problem, and hopefully a solution will become apparant.

The fighting in Australia fell into a war of movement - that is, the Soviet units moved, and the Australian units struggled to. The lack of transport allowed Russian units to move with ease, outflanking Australian defensive lines, which were been thrown up as quick as possible in the way of the Soviet push southwards.

The result of this was that the Australian Army was never allowed a proper battle. It found itself in a good position, only to find out that Russian troops on the flanks had broken through, or driven around the line.

Further northwards, Soviet Marines stormed ashore at Darwin, finding no troops in the city past a scarce cadre of training troops. The garrison had been shipped out to the east, and the Australian Army caught unawares.

This set the scene for the Soviet troops entering Sydney. With the supreme command withdrawing from the city, Soviet troops driving into it, the entire east coast lost, no chance of a proper battle and the destruction of the Australian Navy, there was little else left to do but surrender.

hungary-1956.jpg

Soviet tanks in Sydney.

hoi3game2011-06-2816-58-43-80.jpg

hoi3game2011-06-2816-59-46-60.jpg

The Australian Communist Party has been placed in charge of the country. All in all, Australia gains a great deal - including the greatly expanded facilites at Port Morseby.

With its southern flank now firmly set, the Soviet Navy was in a position to play the endgame of the war in the Pacific. Truk was meerly a stepping stone, and the Soviet Navy needed a strong base close to the American East Coast. Johnson Island was identifed as the first target.

It was the first encounter between American and Soviet carriers in the war, and many saw this as the straw which could break the Soviet bears back. The Russian fleet was outnumbered and without cover from land based aircraft.

hoi3game2011-06-2817-02-43-48.jpg

The result was exceptionaly anti-climatical. The Russian fleet carried the day, but with the loss of a destroyer flottila. Both sides suffered heavy damage - including at least one American carrier, which limped to port at Johnson island. Both sides disengaged, but in a lucky stroke, the Russian carrier aircraft destroyed the damaged American carrier at port in a bold strike.

hoi3game2011-06-2817-02-50-78.jpg

45407224.jpg

The death of Premier Stalin was announced on the 10th of September. What followed was a classic example of a power vacuum in a totalitarian state. Despite poor health for some time, Stalin had always been invovled in affairs of the military and of state up until his abrupt end in the middle of a report on the dispositions of the Americans.

Lavrentiy Beria was seen as the natural sucessor, depsite the fact he was despised by the armed forces, and as a result Beria began preparations to move to replace Stalin. All would have been well had it not been for a group of high-ranking officals who despised Beria.

Led by a group of Army officers, headed by a young Lieutenant-General named Brezhnev and including famous figures such as Zhukov and the famed politcal figure of Nikita Khrushchev, a coup was mounted.

Koudelka%20-%20Russian%20Tank%20in%20Prague.jpg

Tanks on a Moscow street. The enthusatic soldier atop the tank expresses common sentiment of the time - Stalin and the old regime have gone!

Zhukov, along with a detachment from the Moscow garrison, arrest Beria - and several divisons moved into the city in case troops loyal to Beria mounted an attack. However, no such support materialized, and with Zhukov providing the military backing and Khrushchev paving the politcal road the way was clear for the junior Party member and popular figure of Leonid Brezhnev to replace Stalin - with Khrushchev as the head of the government.

hoi3game2011-06-2817-09-15-28.jpg

The composition of ministers is under consideration by the government.

glad the save game crisis is solved. Nice work with Australia and an interesting post-Stalin outcome ... does this mean peace with the US or is the new regime committed to spreading Bolshevism at 'the point of the bayonet' as Trotsky once put it?
Where is the fun in peace?

Is the Organisation and popularity of the ROA really that. Have right winger spies been spreading the Lies of Capitalism through the Workers Paradise

I call it capitalist sabotage - the ROA does not have the popular support it seems to have!

How'd you get the new politcal leaders?

Editing the savegame - send me a PM if you want in-depth instructions.

Lol as a russian at first I read Australia as Dustiadlid :D

It is a bit funny, no? But then again, it is a funny country.