• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very interesting, supporting the CSA. Does that mean you might actually intervene? Maybe reclaim your lost territories now?
No. Not only is the event that gives the USA all of my land ridiculously OP in the first place, it also takes away all of my cores, because why would Mexico possibly care about all of that land, anyway, right? I still don't have the infamy room to take anything significant, should I enter the war.

good! i recall that as a great power, you got a couple of decisions to recognize the CSA, which greatly reduces U.S.A. prestige

good! i recall that as a great power, you got a couple of decisions to recognize the CSA, which greatly reduces U.S.A. prestige
You'd think, right?

Very interesting, supporting the CSA. Does that mean you might actually intervene? Maybe reclaim your lost territories now?

This is a trap, it is ridiculously prohibitive to actually take the states from the US because each state counts as an in game state in the southwest.

This is a trap, it is ridiculously prohibitive to actually take the states from the US because each state counts as an in game state in the southwest.
It's not that bad, actually. It does mean that the US has some smaller states, but it's not as if Rhode Island or Delaware are their own in game states. Nevada-Utah also makes sense.

No. Not only is the event that gives the USA all of my land ridiculously OP in the first place, it also takes away all of my cores, because why would Mexico possibly care about all of that land, anyway, right? I still don't have the infamy room to take anything significant, should I enter the war.
It most definitely isn't important to Mexico at all. I mean, it's not like there's an actual movement for the Mexicans to "liberate" there previous territories.

It's not that bad, actually. It does mean that the US has some smaller states, but it's not as if Rhode Island or Delaware are their own in game states. Nevada-Utah also makes sense.

True it's not V1 levels of badness but it does mean that if you want to grab the south-west you're gonna eat ~30 infamy

True it's not V1 levels of badness but it does mean that if you want to grab the south-west you're gonna eat ~30 infamy
Whereas they got it all for free (and still have cores on California). Oh, I'm sorry, they paid 200,000 pounds for it. My bad, I forgot.

Ugh ... I despise the Manifest Destiny decision even when playing the USA. What was Paradox thinking?
Same. I feel a little guilty every time I take it.

Yeah I cheat my infamy down when playing Mexico, it's ridiculous that in a war fought ~20 years after the treaty of Hidalgo Mexico would be seen as a ridiculous aggressor in taking their lands back. At worst you'd probably get the same level of not-caring that Europe had about the Mexican-American war.

Yeah I cheat my infamy down when playing Mexico, it's ridiculous that in a war fought ~20 years after the treaty of Hidalgo Mexico would be seen as a ridiculous aggressor in taking their lands back. At worst you'd probably get the same level of not-caring that Europe had about the Mexican-American war.
Quoted for truth. Anyways, I don't really have time to make an update today, as it is Turkey Day here in the US, so happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Chapter 8: Interwar; Part 2

After getting a quick alliance with the CSA, I can see how the war is really going. Doesn't look too bad, right? This doesn't accurately reflect the sheer numbers advantage that the US possesses. They actually outnumber the Confederates by about 2 to 1.

Here is the other part of the front. Clearly, the US is going to win out in the West if things don't change.

As we can see, with the siege of Virginia well underway (Richmond having already been taken), the Americans have already gained considerably in Warscore. As well, they have 73 brigades when mobilized, and technology that's superior to mine. Luckily, they do not have a tactics advantage on me. Hopefully, I can intervene in this war while they're still dealing with Confederate armies.

Clearly, the CSA is going to need our help, if they can't even deal with the Federal armies that DON'T outnumber them. Luckily, our discoveries will help us combat the US technological supremacy.

Despite having some of the best Generals in the game (this is the equivalent of a 4-4 general with organization, attrition, and experience bonuses), the CSA is constantly being harried by much larger Unions armies (and losing the die rolls all the time doesn't help).

The Americans' true nature is revealed. That is, they have massive 40 stacks casually wandering about CSA lands, killing off any armies that they encounter. I already have some men on the border, but I'm also moving up more, even as the screenshot is taken. My goal (if I can even join the war in time), is to single out American armies as I march east, and eliminate them, hopefully taking away the American will to fight.

Before I can actually move that much north to the border, however, rebels spawn. Now, three of my standing armies were trapped in Panama when the war down south ended, so I'm still moving the last two forces north. However, I will divert the next landing to Guatemala while the army moving through my heartland deals with the rebels up there. Naturally, I'm incredibly bad at remembering to send my transports back and forth, so the whole process takes months more than it should.

Apparently France hates all things good in the world. I swear to god, if this becomes an issue...

Originally, I thought that this was the most ridiculous event on Earth, and I screenshotted it because I thought it applied to my entire nation. Luckily (or, possibly, unluckily) it turns out that it only affects the Mexico State (or region, if you will), and thus only about 6 provinces, rather than all of my people.

Functionalism finishes, and my upper-house rearranges. Not sure why functionalism gives me better shoe production, but I guess I'll take it. Clearly, the event DID affect our liberalism, but not too terribly much.

And for my next stunt... Muzzle-Loading Rifles! :D Thee should help out with fighting America, whenever they are done researching. I'm planning on continuing down the Army techs until I get everything up to level 2. Then again, if culture techs pop up between now and then, things could change. I also want to get the industry techs necessary for the Panama Canal at some point.

Clearly, I am going to be able to deal with these rebels fairly easily. After cleaning up here, I should have a couple more armies freed up for combat in the North. I'm pretty dang ready for this war.

And just as I have this thought, a nice little yellow square lights up. :)

Who's ready for war?

Rebalanced economy makes it official. I'm at war. And this time, the Yankee dogs won't know what hit em'.

Behold Mexico, Great Power of humanity, and wrath of our most hated enemy, the United States of America. We'll see who this continent belongs to...

next time, in:

The Southern Eagle: A Mexico AAR!​

The Confederates definitely need your help! This makes me wonder whether the CSA would accept the help of Mexico...

The Confederates definitely need your help! This makes me wonder whether the CSA would accept the help of Mexico...
They have no real choice in the matter.

Damn. The Confederates really do need your help, even if you're just doing it to further your own goals. What better way to one-up those pigs then to show them the power of the new, greater Mexico at the worst time possible?

Wow, you did intervene militarily. Wasn't expecting that at all.

So I'm guessing your goal here is mostly just to weaken your Northern neighbor? You certainly aren't going to get any territory out of this.
It is definitely to weaken America, as well as give me a very useful ally that I can use against them in the future. The population and resources they lose if I take the CSA from them is a LOT. We're talking 2 million working males as well as most of the cash crops in the US.

Damn. The Confederates really do need your help, even if you're just doing it to further your own goals. What better way to one-up those pigs then to show them the power of the new, greater Mexico at the worst time possible?
Yep. Sadly, it always seems to work out this way. A lot of the Dixie soldier pops are killed immediately when the war fires, as they more or less spawn within Federal armies. This is because the Dixie starting troops are all of the brigades that come from Dixie cultured pops. Usually the AI intersperses these units relatively equally throughout the army, and so when the event fires the dixie troops are almost always caught leaderless and with less organization than their Northern counterparts. In fact, I have never seen an AI CSA win without help. Ever.