• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, with that having been done, I'm at a loss what to suggest as Rembles next project.

Italy. Remble could try to turn that pitiful country around and actually give it competence. There's a challenge.

Taking over the russians after a bitter peace with a strong axis might be fun. With Japan and Germany in a position of strength, and UK and USA having had their fleets blown to bits and otherwise stymied might give even Remble a solid challenge.

post bitter peace ussr sure would be a big challenge. at this point germany can massively outproduce the soviets.

i tried it once, but before i managed to build any kind of useful army the germans pulled off sealion and fought off a few weak us landings. after that they weren't distracted in any way and i had no idea for any realistic strategy

In the long run Italy would probably be a LOT easier because it could gain more manpower, while Japan is limited to its cores.

Which is one of the reasons why this AAR is so remarkable.

In the long run Italy would probably be a LOT easier because it could gain more manpower, while Japan is limited to its cores.

The long run is rarely a problem in the '44 scenario, the problem is getting there.

Wow, months of reading since I was directed to this AAR. Masterful job Remble I know all about those 50+ hour weeks and how they eat your soul! Now I'm content to wait for updates but may have to go read Up A Creek!

Could be done but would break Remble's "No Puppets" rule, as Cuba has little manpower and no land connection to the Americas. Most of the fighting would have to be fought with puppet armies.
Did you not think for a second I suggested Cuba because of the little manpower and lack of a land connection coupled with the no puppets rule?

Would make for a good challenge, no?

Did you not think for a second I suggested Cuba because of the little manpower and lack of a land connection coupled with the no puppets rule?

Would make for a good challenge, no?

Throw in the risk of an Communist rebellion, and you got yourself a bigger challenge: trying to take over the world while watching your back at home.

As choice, Cuba has a lack of urgency, or desperation.

For Romania, in 1944, there is a lack of neither.

Remble thrives on situations like that.

Well then how about Albania? Only modded so that all land conections to Tirana and Vlore are removed. Or a similar thing with Luxembourg. Should provide a sense of urgency, no?