• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm this timeline King is INferior. Shure he's very experienced at skill 5, but he's just an experienced LOSER!:rofl:

I'm this timeline King is INferior. Shure he's very experienced at skill 5, but he's just an experienced LOSER!:rofl:

Hopefully King doesn't try to defect over to the Japanese side.

@Remble
As your updates are coming less and less often (or so it seems to me) I would like to encourage you and praise and give full support (if this is an effect of lack of opposition, tiredness or whatever).
If it is Real Life(TM) catching up with you we will all of course understand but give us life sign :)
THX

@Remble
As your updates are coming less and less often (or so it seems to me) I would like to encourage you and praise and give full support (if this is an effect of lack of opposition, tiredness or whatever).
If it is Real Life(TM) catching up with you we will all of course understand but give us life sign :)
THX

Seconded! :)

@Remble
THX

I'm going to guess that he got into HoI3 Beta and is busy crushing that world under the Emperor's heel.

ColossusCrusher - Plastics will be very very useful :)

Maj. von Mauser, midget_roxx - Banzai is a little annoyed. Winter is already here :)

Sokraates - I won't be leaving Pinsk vacant as I prefer a solid defensive line which discourages the AI from total stupidity every now and then :)

EnglandWarrior - Thank you. The USN likes to keep me entertained on occasion.

Beppo, Maj. von Mauser, zdlugasz, gooy - The invisible troops are redeploying, roughly twenty divisions. The update says about 40 divisions will be in the west with the majority of the remainder in anti-partisan and defensive rolls. Approximately one third of the native Japanese troops will be in the west.

Avatar018 - Thanks. The other side is doing what it normally does I expect. Over reacting to ground situations as it aimlessly flies it's aircraft from base to base :)

Nathan Madien, zdlugasz, cosminus, genbrad, EnglandWarrior - Port strike it was. It is not a good idea to port strike somewhere that has bombers around, particularly Naval bombers, as they do indeed strike back against the attack.

Phax, zdlugasz, Maj. von Mauser, Nathan Madien, Panzer6 - King is a good Naval leader but it is in the air that things are won or lost and Japanese commanders are far superior in this department. The Americans can keep their experienced losers :D

Striker475 - The Dnieper is a logical defensive line :)

zdlugasz, Velko, budseligsucks - My apologies to you all. I have had one of those RL very busy weeks which is now mercifully over. Normal service should now resume.

LuXun - Welcome to the boards and this AAR. Sadly no one invited me. Besides they have Kanitatlan so they are pretty much covered :)

A long overdue to follow ...

Update (November 1st 1948)

0000 November 1st 1948.
Imperial Palace. Tokyo, Japan.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Hideki started the monthly Cabinet meeting. "Our objectives for this year are almost complete but there are two that remain now that we have captured Leningrad. We need to reduce the Allies to below twenty Countries and to keep the United States Navy below fifteen Aircraft Carriers. The second of these is currently on schedule as there are fourteen Carriers according to Intelligence reports."

"Keep the other goal at twenty Countries as it will give us all something to aim towards, even if it is highly unlikely that we can achieve it after the expansion of the War." stated Hirohito.

"As you wish your Majesty. Industrial report first this month please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Our Industry continues to grow as we expand with production unchanged from last month." Ginjiro began.​

nov1480000prod.jpg

"Factory output has increased by ten in the last month as we continue to rebuild and capture Soviet complexes. This process will stop during November as I expect us to lose industrial centers in Europe with no counter balance coming from captured Soviet production, which is basically all under our control now. Transport Capacity has reached a new high with redeployments as well as increased unrest in captured territory. This should reduce during November as troops arrive and we possibly give up some territory to the Allies.

We are currently building two Battlecruisers, two Aircraft Carriers and one Garrison with it's Police brigade. There are no plans to add anything to this list.

Raw material stockpiles are in excellent condition with enough Energy, Metal and Rare Materials to last us for several years. Oil is higher than it has been for some time but is slowly decreasing and I would request some trades begin with Venezuela to offset the deficit."

"See to it please Minister Mamoru."

"Yes your Majesty."

"Thank you your Majesty. Our Supply stockpile is in good condition even with a daily decrease as we currently have a massive amount of our Industrial output being used for upgrades. This will switch to Supply production as the upgrades complete, a large number of which should be done in November. Our financial situation is also acceptable with enough reserves to support Minister Kuniaki's espionage efforts for some months. Manpower is stable with no change from last month even with increased hostilities in Europe.

Most of our reinforcements are for damaged Interceptor squadrons which have bore the brunt of the fighting in the west. As you can see we are using roughly two thirds of our total output for upgrades at this time. The Infantry should be finished in November but aircraft upgrades will probably take longer to complete. I would expect all of our current upgrades to complete before the end of the year. Nothing more for today." Ginjiro concluded.

"Intelligence please."

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." Kuniaki began. "I have not managed to increase my agents overseas but will now make reports of the French instead of the Soviets."​

nov1480000intfra.jpg

"Overall French production is roughly half of our own and I will update their research monthly from now on. I do not have enough operatives to provide accurate reports for the time being.

"The French Army increased by an estimated one hundred Infantry divisions during October as it took control of the West German Army. Little else has changed for them as I do not believe they have either an Air or Naval building programme."​

nov1480000intuk.jpg

"There has been no change to British base industry, however, they have acquired a large source of Rare Materials that is allowing them to utilise their full Industrial Capacity. They completed no research projects.

The British Army has increased slightly in size in both Infantry and Armoured forces. Whatever losses they incur in Africa and the Middle East are easily being replaced by their Allies.

No changes to the Royal Air Force and a small increase to the Royal Navy's small ship numbers."​

nov1480000intus.jpg

"United States production has increased by two factory complexes liberated in Poland. No new research has been completed.

Their Army has shown a large increase due to deployments in Europe. Twelve Infantry and fifteen Armoured divisions have been added to their ground forces in October. No change to their Airforce.

The United States Navy has added one Aircraft Carrier and three small ships in the last month bringing their Carrier total to fourteen."​

nov1480000intjap.jpg

"We completed two research projects in October. Advanced Electronic Computers and Advanced Synthetic Oil Plant. Our next project is not likely to be completed until late December at the earliest.

Other Intelligence reports indicate that the Soviet Union has less than five factories left and under ten divisions. West German ground forces are estimated to be roughly ten divisions but I only have one operative in that Country. The Canadian Armed Forces remain limited with the loss of two of their major sea assets in October which Minister Osami will cover. Done." Kuniaki concluded.

"Armed Forces please."

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." Tanigawa began. "October was a good month overall but we are facing a severe challenge in Europe since ground hostilities began in earnest early in the month. Finland, East Germany and Poland are no more and have all been annexed. The Soviet Union is reduced to a very minor Nation with only three Strategic objectives under it's control. We should capture two of these in November but Tirana will take considerably longer.

Our Declarations of War against several Balkan Countries has added even more pressure to our western Front and a rough estimate of numbers against us would be somewhere close to two hundred divisions, a large part of which is more modern than our own forces even after upgrades. We have approximately a dozen divisions redeploying to the Front as well as another dozen marching there from the north of the Soviet Union. This will give us around forty divisions with which to hold and then counter attack the Allies. Supporting those divisions will be three full bomber groups, two of which are Close Air Support and one Tactical bombers.

Apart from the obvious ground difficulties we are also facing a large enemy airforce which has been inflicting damage on our own. So far the losses have been restricted to our Interceptors which are shooting down more enemy aircraft than they lose but are in need of a rest period."

"Have we done anything to increase our air superiority potential?" Hirohito asked.

"We have your Majesty. I have sent two more Interceptor wings to the Front which should provide adequate cover once they are re-organised." replied Jun.

"How long until you think we will be able to gain air superiority?"

"A month or two your Majesty. Our aircraft need rest and have a limited capability for roughly two weeks, at which point, they will begin to fly more missions as they recover. We have not seen either the United States or Royal Airforces in any great numbers yet and their appearance to could alter things."

"Not as I would wish but better than it could be. Please continue Minister Tanigawa."

"Thank you your Majesty. We will continue our current course of action in the west by withdrawing unless we are certain of victory. Let the Allies over extend themselves and then retaliate much as we did against the Soviets. The Winter should be our ally this year as it will slow the enemy advance and allow our aircraft to pick them off and provide us with time to strengthen our lines.

The Middle East is static for the time being with our lines established until the next phase of operations begins. The Pacific is also quiet although there are some small signs that the United States Navy is beginning to increase it's activity. The ground War in Europe should keep them busy enough to prevent any major landings anywhere else. The Indian Ocean is also quiet although we are suffering some delays on one island where the Americans are providing some resistance."

"You are taking steps to break them I hope?"

"Yes your Majesty. Minister Osami has dispatched Naval assets to secure the southern Indian Ocean."

"Very good. Please continue."

"That is all from me so I will hand you over to Minister Satoru for a more detailed briefing." concluded Tanigawa.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. I will start with Asia today." Satoru began.​

nov1480000asia.jpg

"There have been no territorial changes during October with only one advance being made by our forces. Yakutsk is the final Strategic objective in this region and should be captured in the next week or so. Japanese forces in the west of Asia have been reduced to single divisions with the remainder redeploying west or to India."

"India?" asked Hideki.

"Yes India. Ahmadabad to be more precise. Most of the Imperial Japanese Navy is in the port there including our Transport fleets." Satoru replied.

"Invasions are being planned then?"

"We are always planning invasions Prime Minister. We are an island Nation after all."

"Would you care to elaborate?"

"Not at this time Prime Minister." Satoru replied.​

nov1480000europe.jpg

"Moving onto to the west we see quite a lot of territory gained and lost. We have captured Finland and the northern Soviet Union and some of Romania. We have lost most of Poland to the rapid advance of the Allies. The new Soviet capital is also highlighted in the top right. We have no intention of capturing it as it is conveniently located where any new forces cannot reach Tirana or anywhere else of much help to the Soviets.

You will notice that most of the territory gained by the Allies has switched to American control with some Czech and Romanian control established in the south."​

nov1480000finn.jpg

"We are advancing towards Murmansk which is the final Strategic objective in this area. Once our Armour captures it that corps will redeploy south and we will leave three Infantry divisions to guard against partisans. We have no intention of capturing the remaining Soviet territory in this region."​

nov1480000lenin.jpg

"Around Leningrad we have one Armoured corps heading south as well as Field Marshall Higashikuni's Headquarters. The remaining Infantry divisions are to remain to control partisans and protect airfields which we will use as needed during our withdraw from Poland."​

nov1480000west.jpg

"The front line in Poland and to the south does not look particularly good but we are managing to withdraw in order. We wish to keep the Allies from crossing the Dnieper at any point which should leave us in control of most of the raw materials and industry in the Soviet Union. Kiev is likely to be central to this defence and is the main redeployment province for our forces in the south. Some troops are also moving towards Minsk in the north.

The Allies appear to be splitting their offensive into two main drives. The French controlled Armies are concentrating in the center with the Americans in the north. Numbers support the French but the Americans are a lot more mobile and contain a large Armoured force. We are pulling back in the south in response to assaults further north as we do not wish to have any of our limited forces cut off. In essence we trade space for time up to a point. I expect further territorial losses in November as we have no means to stop the larger enemy forces yet. We will slow them down using logistical strikes as appropriate which should allow our bombers to reduce their numbers as long as we can contain the Allied Airforces."

"Has Winter arrived yet?"

"I have a map of the area your Majesty." replied Kuniaki who was responsible for weather predictions amongst his Intelligence duties.​

nov1480000weathre.jpg

"The Allies will not be moving over any more territory which is not snowed covered. Poland will also see snow in the next few days which will slow any follow up forces the Allies may have."​

nov1480000me.jpg

"The Middle East is static as Minister Tanigawa said earlier. Over the last few days the Allies have increased their forces adjacent to Alexandria and we could see an offensive begin by them in November. It will not get far before our Tactical bomber group in the area halts any progress."​

nov1480000reu.jpg

"In the Indian Ocean we are making a third attempt to retake Reunion Island. I will let Minister Osami outline the forces being sent to this area as I have nothing further for today." concluded Satoru.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Thank you Minister Satoru." Osami began. "Losses have been small at sea during October, however, we did lose some of our Submarine Flotillas."​

nov1480000sunk.jpg

"We lost four flotillas to an American Carrier Task Force which we are looking for but have not been able to find since. We did manage to sink a Canadian Aircraft carrier and Heavy Cruiser as well as an American Light Carrier during the month.

I have dispatched both BB Division 1 and BC Division 1 to the southern Indian Ocean to try and stop American landings and to intercept any other shipping that our Naval patrols detect. The United States Navy remains our largest threat and is practically the only enemy fleet causing us much concern."​

nov1480000navy.jpg

"An update on the current size of the Imperial Japanese Navy shows a fairly even spread amongst Capital ships with Carriers and Battlecruisers under construction."

"How many of these ships are former German vessels?" the Emperor asked.

"Twelve of the thirteen Submarines and two Light Cruisers, IJN Emden and IJN Nuremburg your Majesty. The Submarines are of limited use as they are outdated and the Light Cruisers are part of our Carrier Groups."

"A shrinking number."

"Yes your Majesty. The U-boat is no longer the force it once was. The Imperial Japanese Navy is supported by both Naval bomber wings and four Tactical bomber wings all of which are conducting anti-shipping patrols in various areas of interests. There are also Interceptor squadrons providing patrols in the eastern Pacific as normal. Nothing further from the Armed Forces today." Osami concluded.

"Thank you Gentlemen. Winter is going to be hard on our forces but hopefully a lot worse on the Allies. We can look forward to new gains in the Spring with the possibility of others during the Winter in areas where the weather is less of a problem." Hirohito said as he stood and left the meeting.​

Last edited:
It is neat to see the two German cruisers still afloat, although I suspect you will run out of submarines soon.

Hopefully the snow will slow the allied advances.

Argh! Another guessing game! Where will the troops redeploying to India be sent? My top two guesses are Ethiopia and South Africa. Ethiopia keeps the invasion closer to existing air cover, but South Africa's removal would be of greater benefit..... twisting my arm behind my back, I'm going on record as predicting that Ethiopia is the next Allied nation to be annexed.

If, however, Remble takes those troops and runs the Suez Canal, I give up predicting his moves forever!

Great update. I feel better now that I've had my Remble fix.

Thanks!

-- Beppo

Once again an excellent update. One item to note is that you incorrectly spelled the word 'their'. In the second paragraph below the Polish front picture and before the picture of the winter weather conditions you wrote, "The Allies appear to be splitting thier offensive into two main drives."

As a side note do you intend to build anymore submarines to counter the losses and sustain current picket lines? Would you disband current models to build newer versions to remain manpower neutral?

awesome update Remble

I love the fact that the emden and nurnberg are still alife!

I semi-expected the IJN to be bigger, only 105 ships that's pretty scary :wacko:

you have about half the carriers the us has, even if you manage to keep them under 15....

ahh well South Africa is going to be fun :D

/Krogzar

Rather more KMS ships left then I thought their would be.

I can't wait so see what types of invasions might be in store.