• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found great spots for Burj Al-Arab and Petronas Towers in West City. :)

Screenshot_2013-07-21_23-40-21.jpgScreenshot_2013-07-21_01-46-49.jpg

Last edited:
I'm completing my landmark series with a beautiful spot for Sydney Opera House in Tutorial City. No road connection though so the cims will get off the pier teleporter on the mainland and then teleport back out to the opera house if that's their destination.

Screenshot_2013-07-28_04-41-19.jpg

I'm completing my landmark series with a beautiful spot for Sydney Opera House in Tutorial City. No road connection though so the cims will get off the pier teleporter on the mainland and then teleport back out to the opera house if that's their destination.

Nice collection of the landmarks, and cool spots for them too!

That is nice! :)

Agreed! That obviously has required a lot of work. Impressive :)

That was very visually pleasing.
--------------------
I decided to try and only use buses in Central City.
I have 300% population, 300% capacity and 30% time.
This is how far I came before things got jammed and clogged up
d5GGRie.jpg

I used mainly several direct connection between the terminals, except from line 1 that was the busiest one. It operated in a shuttle between 3 other terminals.

This was the first and the busiest terminal/depot. Two lines with 5 min frequency and 3 other lower frequency-lines + two other shuttles from other terminals. It barely worked if I was lucky with the other traffic.
UsEIP9i.jpg

This happened to many of my shuttle lines. I figured that there is just so much you can do to avoid it. This is line 1.
FXdf02d.jpg

I thought I had tweaked this terminal so that it could handle all the traffic, but I guess I forgot to save it..
fIi9WxY.jpg

I have now terminated all the shuttle lines and replaced it with a metro. That works well.
I tried for fun to replace them with trams and see if it would help. But as expected, it made things worse due to the length of the trams.
Any good tips for making effective bus-only network?

Last edited:
That was very visually pleasing.
--------------------
I decided to try and only use buses in Central City.
I have 300% population, 300% capacity and 30% time.
This is how far I came before things got jammed and clogged up
d5GGRie.jpg

I used mainly several direct connection between the terminals, except from line 1 that was the busiest one. It operated in a shuttle between 3 other terminals.

This was the first and the busiest terminal/depot. Two lines with 5 min frequency and 3 other lower frequency-lines + two other shuttles from other terminals. It barely worked if I was lucky with the other traffic.
UsEIP9i.jpg

This happened to many of my shuttle lines. I figured that there is just so much you can do to avoid it. This is line 1.
FXdf02d.jpg

I thought I had tweaked this terminal so that it could handle all the traffic, but I guess I forgot to save it..
fIi9WxY.jpg

I have now terminated all the shuttle lines and replaced it with a metro. That works well.
I tried for fun to replace them with trams and see if it would help. But as expected, it made things worse due to the length of the trams.
Any good tips for making effective bus-only network?

You need bus lanes, lots of them. Make the terminals areas that only buses can access and then use bus lanes for every stretch of the line. You can even build a dedicated road just for bus traffic with as few intersections as possible on it.

With the new dlc metros I built a mini metro for my town with only 3 cars (2 cars at night), and they look kinda cute. The line got some interesting stations too, if I could live in the game I would like to live close to the station in the first pic. :D

Screenshot_2013-08-20_14-01-52.jpgScreenshot_2013-08-20_14-07-27.jpgScreenshot_2013-08-20_13-51-00.jpg

CIM2Terminal.jpg

Downtown Chicago Busways.

In the screen above, is my bus terminal below the Petronas Towers, Burj-Al Arab, and 30 St. Mary Ave. Landmarks. This is also a transfer point to East Side Metro lines 4 Local and 5 Express. That screen was taken before express bus lines 100-108 were reinstated.

In the first screen (Below), there are two Busways that split from the main one travelling over the expressway.
Express Routes 100-105 are on the left and just after this picture, dip underground and travel towards the bus terminal located under the Burj-Al Arab and Petronas Towers.
Express Routes 106-108 are on the right and travel as elevated towards their separate terminal just south of The Loop's southeast corner.

The reasoning behind having the Busways was actually congestion into the Loop. Originally, there was only one ramp going into the Bus Terminal from the right. Buses, and traffic, started getting backed up for blocks. I then built a second ramp going diagonally into the terminal. That relieved the problem for a day, then traffic got even worse, being backed up all the way to the Expressway, (Mind you, I built a bus lane exit off the highway in an attempt to not clog it) affecting every bus line into the area. So I then decided to take the Express Buses and segregate them from regular traffic and began constructing the Busways over the highway network, with off ramps where Express lines would diverge. Express Buses do mix with regular traffic on their extreme ends away from the Loop. This also was a benefit just in case a traffic jam occurred. Took me an hour, though it didn't feel like it. If I wasn't playing with unlimited money, this would have cost a couple hundred thousand bucks. To make sure the Express Buses are completely distinguishable from he Local buses, they are the only routes allowed to use the Maurice Automation, as part of it's brand image.

Screenshot_2013-08-28_17-06-11.jpgScreenshot_2013-08-28_17-10-23.pngScreenshot_2013-08-28_17-12-36.jpg

Last edited:
After about an halfhour of work, I got a pretty decent and symmetrical Diverging Interchange. Its supposed to function as a busy interchange in a map i'm making. "Little" spoiler of the main city can be seen in the minimap :)
5mtq.jpg

So here are a few shots of Circular Quay by Night in my new, redone Sydney Map:
View of the Quay from the Cahill Expressway
screen1.png
View of the Opera House and City from the Harbour
screen2.png

And this is the Bondi Junction Bus/Rail Interchange, modelled after the real life interchange. It's only a minor hub that gets less frequent local bus runs and a few long distance main road runs, so it doesn't warrant anything larger. Also at either end is a one way road to allow buses (mainly terminating services) to loop around and head back without needing to leave the interchange
screen3.png