• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Earlier I had the westbound station (the one I forgot to de-mark) on the ramp off the expressway, so then it made sense to have the track in the left lane. I also believe that I used to have a stop right across the street from the marked one. So it's all remnants from the past. :)

423845_163047937204500_525338948_n.jpg431794_163047100537917_597992907_n.jpg942152_161318907377403_294946532_n.jpg942008_161920383983922_1208289290_n.jpg943409_161714054004555_237059572_n.jpg

Big Metro Island

This is the (M) local train of a new savegame map, Big Metro Island due to be released soon.

[video=youtube;nu1cEeeXJvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1cEeeXJvg[/video]

Last edited:
This is the D express train that runs local along an old elevated line. There are many speed timers to prevent the trains from traveling too fast.

[video=youtube;c5qDqwFdQng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5qDqwFdQng[/video]

This is a video of the 5 express train that ziplines from the top of the map to the bottom. The 5 line makes only express stops at major transportation hubs with many connections.

[video=youtube;s-rtKS4dTNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rtKS4dTNE[/video]

Last edited:
Images aren't working for me at the moment so I'm linking to Imgur.

This is my simple interchange design. It has 6 bus lines and 2 tram lines. A vehicle departs for each line once per 30 minutes so that's 24 vehicles out every hour and 24 vehicles in every hour. Almost 1 vehicle per second (real time) passes through this system. I've been running it harder than that and there haven't been any jams yet. I have a bunch of these around the city and link them with an overland metro. The trick is to make the entrances/exits pretty long and keep intersections away from the interchange. Then everything runs pretty smoothly. The roads at the top go to the depots. I only need 1 bus depot and 1 tram deport to service them all but that means I need to run all the lines 24/7.

EDITED: Even more problems! Should work now.

Last edited:
Images aren't working for me at the moment so I'm linking to BayImg.

This is my simple interchange design. It has 6 bus lines and 2 tram lines. A vehicle departs for each line once per 30 minutes so that's 24 vehicles out every hour and 24 vehicles in every hour. Almost 1 vehicle per second (real time) passes through this system. I've been running it harder than that and there haven't been any jams yet. I have a bunch of these around the city and link them with an overland metro. The trick is to make the entrances/exits pretty long and keep intersections away from the interchange. Then everything runs pretty smoothly. The roads at the top go to the depots. I only need 1 bus depot and 1 tram deport to service them all but that means I need to run all the lines 24/7.

I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error with that link :(

Railland Minute By Minute!

In Norway, where I live, NRK (Norwegian Broadcast Corporation) has had success the last years with Slow-TV. They started with "Bergensbanen minutt for minutt" (Train from Bergen to Oslo minute by minute), and continued with "Hurtigruta minutt for minutt" (The coastal steamer minute by minute) and "Nordlandsbanen..." (Train from Trondheim to Bodø) and more.

Yes: MINUTE BY MINUTE. The programs lasted for ours or even days. Not a single second was cut away.

Now I have made the same with CiM2, Railland Minute By Minute. In this little country there are 12 small villages with only pedestrian streets and tram tracks, one big city, forests and lakes. And one giant mountain peak in the middle with one house at the top.

Music by me and Garage Band

[video=youtube_share;GdJRhv36DdQ]http://youtu.be/GdJRhv36DdQ[/video]

Railland Minute By Minute!
Now I have made the same with CiM2, Railland Minute By Minute. In this little country there are 12 small villages with only pedestrian streets and tram tracks, one big city, forests and lakes. And one giant mountain peak in the middle with one house at the top.

Music by me and Garage Band

Really creative and beautiful map, and cool music too! Nice job jorbje :D

Hello! I would like to share some of my early images about my trolley systems. I hope you will enjoy them!

Sorry about the texts and huds on the screen. I didn't use the hide function at the time when these images were made.

Last edited:
Some rush hour pics from different cities:

I made a metro network in a layout like 8. So with only 2 transfer stations, those were busy:
3kSPZeg.jpg

Here all(4) lines is connecting in Toronto. It got so overcrowded that I needed to build an up side down "U" layout line that relieved the transfer point. It turned out to be a very effective solution for the problem.
When I build the stations I was careful to make sure that all the teleporters was on the same side of the road making road crossing obsolete.
vdWTjmh.jpg

Another one in underground view
dm01N5y.jpg

I had a bug with the tram stopping. It brought the line and my computer to a hault.:)
rjNnF8R.jpg

Another crowded transfer point. What I would give for (wide) underground passages.. CO, are you listening.;)
oYKSALD.jpg

Highway intersection with the map I'm (slowly) working on.
1dI5tCC.jpg

After working on making the highways better on the Toronto map, I do see some potential flaws with this intersection.
4 levels.
nwFiIkF.jpg

Last edited:
uecEQg2.jpg

Nearing 80% coverage, 170000 passengers transported per day. Finally starting to feel there is sufficient public transport all over the city to start some city expansion projects. Only took about 40 hours, and still on my first game :happy:. Still so many things to refine and redesign though. I love this game.