• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, how long before Skobelev become Prime Minister?
This really is an excellent AAR :)

Mishgan said:
Besides… thereistotallynosecretagreementonthefateofCanada. I didn’t say anything.
You are awesome. :eek:

Oh, Canada....I rather think you're next!

And you missed 1st of July, too. That was the appropriate date to do it on.

------

Nice work on China. I love it how Japan. Britain and France get concessions having done none of the work.

Earns : Thank you. And I am not sure as of yet whether to introduce or not a Prime Minister post. Simply because I have not come up with a “distinct” name for it. Chancellor is reserved for the Foreign Minister in Imperial Russia and Prime Minister is far too… British.

germanpeon : Thank you!

RGB : 1st of July is some sort of national Canadian holiday? o_O And yes, as I’ve said, I wanted to get a sort of a real life Berlin Conference feeling to my San Francisco Congress.

Mishgan said:
Earns : Thank you. And I am not sure as of yet whether to introduce or not a Prime Minister post. Simply because I have not come up with a “distinct” name for it. Chancellor is reserved for the Foreign Minister in Imperial Russia and Prime Minister is far too… British.
How about General Secretary, no? ;)
Will you deal with the position of the jewish minority within Russia and Poland? I imagine that it could make for a pretty riveting update. And how rich must you be to vote, and how is the russian middle class developing, does it actually exist yet?

Mishgan said:
RGB : 1st of July is some sort of national Canadian holiday? o_O And yes, as I’ve said, I wanted to get a sort of a real life Berlin Conference feeling to my San Francisco Congress.

Canada Day.

Earns : Uhm. Nah, I’ll think of something else ;)

As far as the Jews are concerned, I guess the Pale of Settlement remains in place. Gameplay wise, there are Jewish clerks in Poland and some other parts of Russia, so these vote. Story-wise, they do not, as they are not Christians. I guess the current story-wise Imperial policy can be resumed in “ignore them and hope they emigrate to Germany”. If you wish to suggest a policy, go ahead!

As far as voting is concerned… I have no idea how much one has to pay to be able to vote! Some figure that makes sense from the gameplay Wealth Based suffrage system.

As of the middle class… well… here’s a screen that should explain it well enough:
EstonianCash.png

As you can see, even non-national culture farmer POPs in States are making reserves and I think these get a 50% penalty on income. In Colonies, though, they are still at 0, so I don't want to know how large the penalty is for colonial POPs.

RGB : Ah. I see, yes, it could have been fun :D

As a general note, there shall be no update before Tuesday. I am off camping not far from Interlaken o/ See you then!

Last edited:
Wow, those are some very nice mil and con growths for your pops. I wish I had people like that in my games. :(

To all: Our beautiful and sunny Saturday campsite turned into a main battle tank test course on Sunnday due to extensive rain. So we had to wrap up and leave :(

Pietbont : Politics-shmolitics :( And I have slightly other plans for the 10 years to come. Like… wait out Russia’s tummy aches. The poor girl is experiencing a bit of indigestion after swallowing all that Chinese candy.

Ahura Mazda : Hm. Nanjing has a ring to it, don’t you think? >.>

germanpeon: Uhm. Well, actually, the CON for poor POPs is reduced more in Estonia, it’s just that I took the screen upon loading the game and without leaving pause, which means the game did not update the reduction due to clergy. And the reductions can be explained by the following budget:

RusBudget1888.png

As you can see, I can allow myself to not tax the citizenry. I also do not max out the tariffs to get the greatest profit ever, because then my farmer POPs would have problems accumulating cash reserves. My treasury is not overly huge because I am just fresh out of a railroading frenzy in the new Chinese provinces. Got them to level two myself, now leaving my capitalists with the rest.

The time when all those high value expensive goods pop up is not all that far round the corner, however, so I might start having problems in a couple years time. But for now, I am happy with my economy :)

Thats a phenomenal economy! The closest I have come to that is taxing poor and mid around 20% and max tariffs. I am not a good economist. :eek:o

What the heck are you importing that costs so much? You should be able to produce everything by yourself, more or less.

robou and germanpeon: Well, at 93 to 4400, I deem my trade balance to be somewhat positive. First in the world for exports :) But not sure as to what place I am for exports per capita, but not first that's for sure.

As of the imports, it’s just four articles, and here they are. Forgive me for the roughness of the table, I simply piled a couple screens together:

RussianImports1888.png

Last edited:
You actually managed to get your pops to buy state bonds, and this in 1880ish?

My honest congratulations. I do not belive I have ever seen my own pops statebond (as capis seem more keen on spending it on railroads than bonds, thank Johan!).

Are you planning on getting some tropical woods as well? Do I foresee a collision with the Brits?

Herbert West: I do not know all the intricacies of how state bonds work, so I cannot really accept any commends on this one. But it does surprise me the capitalists had the time to buy state bonds. I keep improving my infrastructure slowly, but steadily. Right now, only half my country is at max railroads (currently level 3), the rest requires updating. And according to the statistics screen, so far Russia has 320 provinces.

It’ll take me a while to get to level 6, even with “government support” >.>

Sorry to hear about the camping. We only seem to get rain here these days too. :(

I am in awe of your economy. :) I'm afraid my subjects would consider a tax of 35% to be nsanely generous. :eek:o

Hehehe, asd :)

At any rate, I do not think that any updates shall be coming for another week at least. Catching a flight for Tsargrad on Saturday ;)