• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know, this could make a fun modern day scenario. NATO, Nukes, and Nazis.

Greetings, and thanks for the feedback. First of all: Worry not, an update will arrive in due time.

Raaritsgozilla: If you or anyone else is willing to convert this to .pdf-file, I hereby give all possible volunteers permission to do so.

Faeelin: After my last attempt to mod was quietly buried, excellent programs have made map editing easier and one thing has led to another...If and when this modding attempt leads to more concrete results, return to Neuropa is a logical next step.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll buy it. I apologize for not getting back to ya.

I was actually referring to first attempt of creating a mod from this AAR - for the still-to-be-named-alt-historical-project you've already pointed out quite a few good ideas.

Is there any mod which makes HOI3 look... brighter? I know it's silly, but one of the reasons I never bought it was because the map always looks like a pea soup, especially compared to the last two HOIs.

Bad news.
Older images of this AAR will expire on the 1st of March due recent ImageShack policy change.
I have backups available, but at the moment re-adding pictures is not something I have time nor energy to do, so the first chapters will remain without pictures from March to unforeseeable future.

You can transform all your AAR (or at least the part who will expire) to a PDF. Then, images won't expire and reading will become moe comportable.

Bad news.
Older images of this AAR will expire on the 1st of March due recent ImageShack policy change.
I have backups available, but at the moment re-adding pictures is not something I have time nor energy to do, so the first chapters will remain without pictures from March to unforeseeable future.

Just out of curiosity: why do you use ImageShack? Is it better than Photobucket or just a matter of personal preference?

I just read through this. Excellent AAR indeed.

However what I am wondering, what are the current nations in Neuropa, other than Germany, France, Spain, and Portugal.

Just out of curiosity, not really needed to be answered

I just read through this. Excellent AAR indeed.

However what I am wondering, what are the current nations in Neuropa, other than Germany, France, Spain, and Portugal.

Just out of curiosity, not really needed to be answered

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1651/neuropakakkonencg3.png
The map is a bit low-res, but shows the current situation.
Members of WEU include Portugal, Spain, France, RSI, Croatia,
Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia (Moscow puppet state), Finland, Norway and Denmark.

All except tightly monitored and restricted Moscow have status similar to Eastern Bloc satellites - they have certain domestic political moving space and few, like Finland, still even retain some genuine democratic institutions. The memory of Nazi intervention to Hungary in 1950s and orchestrated postwar coups in Romania and Bulgaria are still in fresh memory, and Berlin is keen to keep their allies in tight leash and friendly local parties in charge.

In Caucasus Taurida, Georgia, Kalmykia, Checheno-Ingushetia, Azerbaijan and Armenia are also parts of the Eastern Economic Area, and have cultural autonomy and puppet status.

Flanders, Wallonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Belarus have NSDAP civil administration and are considered to be "autonomous gaus", pretty close to the positions Baltic nations and other autonomous republics had within the USSR in OTL.

Bohemia-Moravia and Generalgouvernement are "German protectorates" with even more oppressed position, and Ingermanland and Gotenland (Crimea) are German colonies and parts of Reich.

Why are some of the Greek islands northeast of Crete blue color?

They would be Italy's old Aegean colonies from 1912 - I'm guessing Mussolini got to keep them out of pity from Berlin.

Which reminds me, the Italian situation, mirroring somewhat the German division in OTL, has some interesting possibilities. By the 1960s, the East Germans had accepted (de facto) that unification, certainly not communist unification, was not coming and so tried to build up an independent national identity. I have no idea how successful that really was, but the RSI, if it comes to similar understanding and maybe wants to give itself more legitimacy beyond Nazi puppet, could play on Italy's old regionalism, much as the Liga Nord (?) does at present. If they really wanted, they could push for Pavonnian/Lombard nationalism, say while Berlin is liberal? Just thinking out loud, as come the fall, it would be interesting to a Northern regime fall but the people retain a sense of difference from the South, creating problems and possibly scuppering the tearful reunion Rome is probably dreaming of. Also, reading the background material, its tiny but you have South Italy become a Republic, in the referendum post-war, the split was north and south, with the south voting overwhelmingly for the monarchy of Umberto II. I can't see much change here, as the new King will be seen as a symbol against the 'Social Republic' and Italy's brief fight on the side of the Allies. Again not key but I've become very butterfly aware lately.

Also on your choice: I'm interested in Indonesia, but... I'll join the tide and call for China's mess to be dragged out further.

Hello Karelian!

Hows going on the work for the next update?
I'm keen to know how the developements in Asia will continue, so please keep up the good work!

I'm currently working with another alt-history project with HoI3 (more of that later), but once that is done it's time to return to the Chinese Civil War. Good to know that people are still following this nevertheless :)

I hope so. I loved reading about it.