• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For those interested, this is the current draft of Europe c. 1945 (N.B. Germany presented as one country):

europev1.jpg

And this is the Occupation of Germany as of late 1944:

germanyoccupation1944.jpg

For information on specific countries/alignments, ask.

((What about Spain, Brazil and Italy, what are we doing about them? Personally I'd like to see Basqueland, Galicia and Catalonia acquire independence.))

((What about Spain, Brazil and Italy, what are we doing about them? Personally I'd like to see Basqueland, Galicia and Catalonia acquire independence.))

I'm still unsure about Brazil, considering their geography and culture makes it kind of hard to justify changing anything. They, like Italy, will probably just end up losing any land they took by conquest, and having to, shock and horror, become democracies like OTL Italy.

Spain is tricky, because they barely fought us, were on our side, or at least neutral for a majority of the war, and now have a democratically elected government. So in that sense it probably isn't the most diplomatic idea to advocate Catalan/Basque/Galician independence. But considering there's no military dictatorship and the government is only marginally better than the OTL Republican government pre-Civil War, we may not have to do anything but wait...

I vote for Henry G. Bradley of the Republican Party

~Attorney General Sam G Écossais

Last edited:
I, Christina Blancharde-Fredrick hereby cast my vote to Calvin Emerson of the Liberal-Progressive Party. May the liberals continue to bring prosperity and peace in our time.

~ Christina Blancharde-Fredrick; Speaker of the House of Representatives

In line with the sentiments of the Liberal Progressive manifesto, I would like to put forward a piece of legislation which will form the base of a future treaty. This treaty will birth a new organisation; one to lift Europe out of ruin and build trade relations among the free states of the world. It is my hope that the International Economic Union will be a major part of future American diplomacy.

IEU Act

Article 1. The government is to aim to create an International Economic Union.
Article 2. This Union is to be open to all free nations who wish to join and will follow the rules of the organisation.
Article 3. The purpose of the organisation is to settle trade disputes, provide sovereign loans, regulate international commerce and maintain the global monetary system.
Article 4. The organisation will be composed of the following:
A rotating secretariat.
A chamber of elected representatives to provide representation of the people.
A chamber of government ministers to represent the governments.
A court to make rulings on IEU law.​

I present this bill to the house,

-Secretary of the Interior Amanda Shaw

((Think of it as the WTO, OECD and IMF rolled into one.))

I cannot, in good conscience, vote for either candidate: I abstain. It is my opinion that neither party stands opposed to the expansion of the military industrial complex, and will only move us towards policing the world and crushing the American public under burdensome and unneeded regulation.

I cannot, in good conscience, vote for either candidate: I abstain. It is my opinion that neither party stands opposed to the expansion of the military industrial complex, and will only move us towards policing the world and crushing the American public under burdensome and unneeded regulation.

I share Secretary Jarvis' reservations.

- Vice President Gallatin, when pressed by reporters after a conference in San Francisco. While it was not picked up by most major national news outlets - and most journalists attempted to downplay the statement to avoid being sensationalist - it was awkward hurdle for the Bradley campaign in California.

((It's one of those matches made in political hell - this timeline's version of Kennedy and Johnson. The establishment says you need Gallatin to carry the less hawkish states, but it doesn't mean you two have to agree on anything.))

For information on specific countries/alignments, ask.
((How far has Communist influence spread? Poland? Czechoslovakia? Romania?

Also, speaking of Brazil, what is the status of Guyana?))

Okay. It's at 5-2. I'll call it.

The Polls Are Closed.

The vote stands at 5 Liberal-Progressive to 2 Republican.

Calvin Emerson will become the next President of the Republic.

Congratulations, Mr. Emerson on your victory; I do hope you reconsider your position on the economy. What this nation needs is less government, not more of it.

((We going to put the IEU up to the vote?))

Yes we are.

The IEU goes to an aye/nay/abstain vote:

IEU Act

Article I

The government is to aim to create an International Economic Union.

Article II
This Union is to be open to all free nations who wish to join and will follow the rules of the organisation.

Article III

The purpose of the organisation is to settle trade disputes, provide sovereign loans, regulate international commerce and maintain the global monetary system.

Article IV
The organisation will be composed of the following:
A rotating secretariat.
A chamber of elected representatives to provide representation of the people.
A chamber of government ministers to represent the governments.
A court to make rulings on IEU law.​

I vote Yes to the IEU act, which will further American interests in free trade and financial stability abroad as well as help mediate in the global community. A fine initiative which has my full support.

I, Christina Blancharde-Fredrick hereby vote Yes to the IEU act. I would also like to congratulate Mr. Emerson on his victory, and may he help rebuild the world and our country after this terrible war.

~ Christina Blancharde-Fredrick

Yes to IEU Act
I believe this might help commerce after the devastating WW2.

When this says 'free nations' is it instantly barring the Soviet Union from membership? If it is, I can see how such an institution could be viewed as a means to garner anti-Soviet support, and lead to hostilities between our two nations.