• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, yes. Mr. davis, what say you to the final proposed amendment to your compromise of TEMPORARY extra Yankee units in times of war?

In Times of War Extra Yankee Units can be raised, this is a great comprimise Mr..........Bob. Dont forget, In war the SNM are always available for whatever duty the army requires them for.

In Times of War Extra Yankee Units can be raised, this is a great comprimise Mr..........Bob. Dont forget, In war the SNM are always available for whatever duty the army requires them for.

Yes indeed they will be. The extra units would simply fill any holes left in the national defense/offense.

Which is why you will lose this game, if such a thing can be said to occur in a game like this. Why the sheer inertia of history makes your ultimate and utter defeat inevitable. Because authoritarianism through democracy can be quite successful, and might be the most successful system there is, but democracy through authoritarianism can never work.

Dictatorship is the inferior of democracy always, which is why every "benevolent dictator" like you are setting yourself up as - every attempt to create democracy through authoritarianism - fails. Alexander the Great's empire shattered upon his death, Catherine the Great did not even get her own funeral - they dug up her husband to make him the focus, destroying her legacy of strong queenship the moment she was dead. No dictatorship, however benevolent, can ever have the last word - can ever define the arc of history. You cannot win.

There is a first time for everything Mr. Rogov, and I do not want to be a Dictator, I have Enough of that with my Party and my Militia. I will form a more perfect union that protects both southerners and yankees and make it work through sheer force of Personality if it kills me. ((In addition, since BBB is writing the actual story who knows what would happen))

((In addition, since BBB is writing the actual story who knows what would happen))

That, is one excellent piece of knowledge to know. The reality is that no President could have a perfect term and go through on every single promise. You saw it with King first, and every President will have trouble of some sort, some more than others because of circumstances (Woe on he who is faced with the Civil War :D).

If a Northern secession was possible, it would be hilarious. ))

If a Northern secession was possible, it would be hilarious. ))

((Actually they are New england and the manhattan Commune))

The North will rise again!

((...............................As a real life southerner I have nothing to say to this but what have I done?..........................................))

((...............................As a real life southerner I have nothing to say to this but what have I done?..........................................))

It's probably good to leave talk of Northern Secession at that. :D

The reality is that the North is destined/doomed to be the Preserve the Union side, and the South destined/doomed to be the States Rights/Slavery side.

Discussion (hopefully) over.

Gotcha BigBadBob ment no disrespect to any of our Southern Members of this thread.

I trust Projekt took it all in good humor. Right? At all times in the Presidents, if you feel you are being offended, say so, and participants will be expected to stop. Seriously.

I trust Projekt took it all in good humor. Right? At all times in the Presidents, if you feel you are being offended, say so, and participants will be expected to stop. Seriously.

Projekt laughed at it as much as anyone. He was simulateously horrified/ROFL at the types of discussions his charachter had spawned. Projekt is now done with this comment.

The reality is that the North is destined/doomed to be the Preserve the Union side, and the South destined/doomed to be the States Rights/Slavery side.
((...And then the West secedes and becomes the Confederate States of Columbia. :rofl: ))
But yeah, despite events, the north isn't likely to secede. In the real timeline, the South got many supporters into power, but it's just not that possible to roll things back enough to perpetually keep up slavery's support in government at that time.))

On Militias:

Mr. Bob, government commentator reported recently: "The extra units would simply fill any holes left in the national defense/offense [of the army and the southern militia]."

Holes caused by the southern militia's own political devices, making an "equal" system that not only discriminates against the majority populations in its arbitrary ratio to support higher than representational amounts of Southern soldiers, but which augments the south further with a regional military on top of that. So much for any hint of equality in the already damaging design of the clause.

With that in mind, I suggest that members with a similar desire to form equality by supporting one side of things provide some funding for freedman militias, to further aid in protecting regions in need of defense and augmenting the national defensive capabilities. The resulting structure of funding and organization could be called the Freedom National Militia.

Last edited:
Mr. Bob, government commentator reported recently: "The extra units [of the southern militia movement] would simply fill any holes left in the national defense/offense."

Holes caused by the southern militia's own political devices, making an "equal" system that not only discriminates against the majority populations in its arbitrary ratio to support higher than representational amounts of Southern soldiers, but which augments the south further with a regional military on top of that. So much for any hint of equality in the already damaging design of the clause.

I meant that the primary forces were the Regular Army and Southern Militia, and Extra Yankee units would fill in any gaps left after that. The way I see it, if the South wants to take the Northerners' place as the nation's armed reserve, let them. More young men left for the North as workers and teachers, instead of disabled, wounded soldiers.