The Paradoxian Federation – Aurora Forum Game II, run by Rendap.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The last councilor still on Survey Duty is Commodore GaiusC
And I tend to wonder if it's my last survey every time I jump into a new system ;)

Good design. My only worry is the quite reduced fuel reserve, which might become an issue in a really huge system.

Good design. My only worry is the quite reduced fuel reserve, which might become an issue in a really huge system.

You could trade one Geo-sensor and one Grav sensor for a tractor beam (same tonnage, 5+5 vs 10) without sacrificing any speed, protection or armament... and that would let you tow a fuel module when jumping into really huge star systems.

Alternatively, trade a Geo-sensor for extra fuel tankage. That would still leave you with 2/2 strength Geo/Grav sensor capability.

Um, the Brutus (both variants) is actually hurt by putting the lasers into turrets, as you have build tracking speed 6.000 turrets, where, if you put the lasers in fixed mounts, they will have a tracking speed of 9600/11400 (and probably save some space/mass. Of course, it would then also require a new BFC, but I think enough space would be saved to make up for this.
Anyway, the Brutus-B should definitely get a 12000 km/s tracking speed BFC if it is to fight the Swarm FACs.

The Heitman looks very good. Very expensive and big for using it as a survey vessel, of course, but it should cut down on explorer losses a lot.
Nitpick: The FC for the lasers should also have a tracking speed of 12000.

Council Chamber, Earth - 30/12-2066

"It is therefore my intention to petition additional centralization of the private sector to ensure that the plans of the State can be carried out fully. Thank you". Commodore Stuckensmidt II ended his address of the council and the chairman looked around. With no surprises in the speech, the Govenor quietly shoot his head declining to answer the address. Yet not all would be so quiet.

"The chair recognizes Councilor The Honorable Knight of Gliese 1, Commodore Vainglory II." the Chairman announced and quietly waited while Vainglory strode across the chamber to the podium. The Govenor still quietly looked to be reading some papers while ignoring the byplay in the council.

"Thank you Chairman, Fellow Councilors." Sir Vainglory II looked around the chamber once before continuing. "I have to respond to my Honorable colleagues latest ideas to resurrect Full Fledged Communism! For let us not be deceived, that is exactly what Mr. Stuckensmidt is advocating. Communism tried for 100 years in some of the largest countries before the Unification and failed miserably! Take a look at the history of the Soviet Union and their puppet states in Europe. China, Cuba and not least the Northern part of Korea. Their leaders were so separated from the people they claimed equality with that they allowed famines to kill off counless human beings while using the resources to produce Prestige Enhancing projects!"

Sir Vainglory took a small break while looking around the chamber. This was not the first time that Stuckensmidt II or his Father had advocated this and it was not the first time the Vainglory family had denounced them. One of the great rivalries in the Federation along with the Randakar/Joebthegreat and Stuckensmidt/Blue Emu rivalries.

When his eyes passed over Commodore Stuckensmidt II he looked as indifferent as he always did. He simply did not care whether he was successfull or not, as long as he could continue the preaching and gather some followers, he was happy. At least it was not many in the council which was following him.

Sir Vainglory II continued: "I therefore urge the council to politely ignore any requests which will lessen the living conditions of our people and continue on getting the former regions of China and Russia completely integrated and brought up the the living standards of the rest of the Federation. Thank you." Commodore Vainglory II left the podium while Commodore Stuckensmidt II was already standing up to respond in kind to this.

The Chairman cut him off when announcing: "The chair recognices The Govenor of Central Sector, Rendap von Rabenstrange."

The Govenor didn't even bother to move to the podium, but addressed the council from his seat. This was happening more and more often due to a knee problem making it painfull to walk for the Govenor. "Another discussion regarding political ideologies between the Stuckensmidt and Vainglory families. I think that no matter what happens, this will continue for as long as the Federation stands!" A few laughs from the councilors could be heard from this statement which was as certain as the Sun rising every day.

"Yet, I feel that the families need some additional tasks to occupy their time to ensure that they use their time in the best interest of the people. Sir Vainglory, Mr Stuckensmidt - Will you accept my additional challenge for you?"

As senior in both the Council and in the Military Sir Vainglory answered first. "Of course I will, Govenor." Seconds later Mr. Stuckensmidt confirmed as well. The Govenor smiled at this.

"I expected nothing less and I have been drawing up a few perfect assignments for the two of you." The council turned very quiet with this announcement, since this sounded more interesting than anything else this afternoon, except the reveal of the new Heitman Design.

"Imogen Coleman, our esteemed Govenor here on Earth, have continued with the work I have set in motion during my own time here. Yet, she has identified 2 things that need additional assistance and have requested that from me. This is where you 2 come in. In addition to your naval duties, you are hereby appointed Special Envoys of the Federation with two special tasks."

"One of our regions is fighting large unemployment and a failed harvest. The living standard is therefore falling and the risk of unrest is climbing. We need to address this immediately and recover the living standards of Australia. Mr. Stickensmidt, that is your task."

"Sir Vainglory, your task is similar in theory, but you are starting with a way larger task. The region of Northern China still resist full incorporation into the Federation and believes that the ancient way remains the best. You need to upgrade the infrastructure and implement a long tem plan, let's say... 5 years, to remedy this problem."

"Good luck Gentlemen." the Govenor said and returned to his reading. Quiet laughs could be heard in the council chamber while the Chairman moved on to the next item on the agenda - Espionage.

Sorry for my lack of activity here. The issues I've been having with my health are still in effect and therefore I haven't really been playing much. Add a rediscovery of Europa Universalis III and that's what I have been mostly playing instead of Aurora. When I've been playing Aurora, I've been toying around with some alternative designs in a test game I'm running.

I have also been absent from my work for a week due to the health issues and need to catch up on some things next week along with a few travel days. I will therefore not continue the game for a few more days while trying to expand a little on the internal story lines here. I might even throw in a wedding soon.... Take a guess whom of the esteemed councilors that might be! (And no - It's not myself).

@ GaiusC - Should you live, I promise that you will get one of the first Heitmans. And I can understand your concern, but since we will have to use Jump Gates as well now for exploration, we'll have possible tanker support as well.

@ Blue Emu - I want to upgrade to 4/4 soon'ish, but a small surprise tech wise is incoming before long. The Heitman will benefit from that in the first refit.

@ Kai - I know, but still working on improving the tech base. This is only the first versions and I expect serious refits along the line, might possibly be before we commit any.

@ Vain - Of course.

In generally terms, should you have any ideas/wishes for your avatars in RP posts, please let me know by PM and I will expand the story line. Should I receive no wishes, you are also confirming that I can marry off Stuckensmidt and Vainglory at some point (Or something similary dreadfull!!!) :D

I'm all in favor of a forced marriage to Stuckensmidt - if she's hot.

See, Mr. Vainglory, I´m not lurking around in the gay department, but thanks for the offer. It is completely understandable, that even men are attracted by my incredible good looks, charm and superior communist intellect. Nevertheless I would not object to marry in the near future, if my spouse meets my educational, intellectual and ideological standards. Like Sarah, a fantastic woman I met lately at a meeting of the Executive Committee.

wagenknecht_sahra_01.jpg

Furthermore I`d like to tell everyone, that you can call me a son of a bitch as long as you spell my name correctly: Stuckenschmidt.

Finally it was one of the best decisions to send me to Australia, since the pitiful people of this great country never experienced the benefits of a classless society. The current issues are obviously the results of the exploitative economic system, focused on maximizing the profit for the upper 1% instead of the living conditions of the 99%. But don`t despair. I`m on my way.

Pray tell, is Miss Marx single, or is she Mrs Marx? Vainglory might be interested :D

Pray tell, is Miss Marx single, or is she Mrs Marx? Vainglory might be interested :D

Great idea. As obedient, as Mr. Vainglory is, he will surely appreciate a *cough* disciplined partner as Miss Marx.

Oh, and I want Blue Emu to be my best man.

You should meet my last girlfriend, Stuckenschmidt - when she spoke it was like the crack of a whip. When she said jump, you bet all the boys jumped!

It's so cute that both of you believe to have male avatars...................... :D

Very Well.... You've asked for it!

"So, as you can see from the statistics here Skipper, the latest training exercise was a success." The XO looked satisfied with the results and with good reason. The Skipper wanted to get the Saturn Rings for the ship as a reward for the best attack runs in this years fleet maneuvers. And the statistics looked like they were going full bore for it!

The Skipper smiled back at the XO. "That is indeed good results Mark. Please congratulate the Missileers and the Tactical departments. And then we'll give them a few days off before throwing another drill at them."

"Of Course Skipper. I think we also need to get a drill done down in Engineering and Engines. They seem to get a bit complacent again. With your permission, I will see to that."

The Skipper nodded consent and continued. "Anything else we need to look at, XO?" When the XO quietly shook his head, the Captain made a shooing gesture while continuing. "Then get! I've got wonderfull paperwork to look at!"

The XO launghed and left the department only to meet the Communications officer in the hatch. "Sorry to disturb you Skipper, but todays mail have arrived. Mostly routine."

The Captain groaned and thumped off on the receipt comfirming the official delivery to the Captain of the vessel.

Pausing to take a sip of coffee, she decided to start with the mail, since that was at least news!

She opened the first message and nodded in approval of the Heitman Design. She briefly considered requesting a transfer to the new scouts, but decided not to bother. There would be a long line for these puppies, just like there was at the Spiculum lists.

The rest of the messages covered routine traffic in Logistics, Tanker Support, Maintenance schedule and finally the plans for the years Fleet Maneuvers where she would go for the Rings!

After having sorted through all the official messages, 2 remained and she punched them up. The first was a message from her mother reminding her of her twin newhews upcoming 4th birthday. She stored that with a sigh before opening the last message.

She only needed to look at the header to know who it was from and sat up straighter as she started to read. Yes, it had been some good days with the latest council meeting even though there was some rough words said during the sessions before the Govenor put his foot down. That was of course discussed along with the Heitman design. He also considered applying for it, but was also not certain. Back to the family and hoping that th... WHAT! It couldn't be! She had to compose herself before re-reading that portion of the letter.

Yes - She had read it correctly the first time. It was probably the most un-romantic marriage proposal since the Dark Ages, yet it had been made. She didn't need many seconds before smiling broadly and begining a reply with her very happy "I Do".

Yes - She had read it correctly the first time. It was probably the most un-romantic marriage proposal since the Dark Ages, yet it had been made. She didn't need many seconds before smiling broadly and begining a reply with her very happy "I Do".

Must be Vain`s bride since I`m the most romantic Commodore within a radius of 10.000 light years. ;)

I'll clear 6 people:

GaiusC is in an unarmed vessel so can't be the Skipper.
Boris ze Spider is not a ship captain and can therefore not be the Skipper.

Lord Strange, Polar Mongoose, Joebthegreat and Amadeus are also not possible as the Skipper.

But else, I'll keep you guessing for now. Have fun trying to figure this one out. Is is Vain and Stuck? Or did I pull a vanishing act on you giving you 2 other names?

I'll be in Germany for the until Wednesday evening CET, but will probably be able to attend a bit - At least enough to confirm or ignore if you guess wrong.

I'll clear 6 people:

GaiusC is in an unarmed vessel so can't be the Skipper.
Boris ze Spider is not a ship captain and can therefore not be the Skipper.

Lord Strange, Polar Mongoose, Joebthegreat and Amadeus are also not possible as the Skipper.

But else, I'll keep you guessing for now. Have fun trying to figure this one out. Is is Vain and Stuck? Or did I pull a vanishing act on you giving you 2 other names?

I'll be in Germany for the until Wednesday evening CET, but will probably be able to attend a bit - At least enough to confirm or ignore if you guess wrong.

If my avatar is female, shouldn't it be "The Honorable Dame of Gliese 1"?

The female protaginist can't be a carrier pilot, either. Not if the ship is missile armed.

I notice that Culise's avatar is female, but aboard a light cruiser... IIRC they're all energy armed. Assuming the CLs are all energy armed, and that the missiles don't refer to fighter based ones, thereby excluding carriers, we've got:

Rear Admiral Adamus - Crew Training 225, Fleet Maneuver 456, CA Ulyssys S. Grant
Commodore Velko - Crew Training 225, Fleet Maneuver 392, Terraforming 10%, Logistics 25%, CA Ute
Captain Reis91 II - Crew Training 125, Fleet Maneuver 279, Survey Bonus 15% - CA Ukraine
Commodore Lord Blekinge - Crew Training 175, Fleet Maneuver 454, Xenology 10% - DD Varangian
Commodore Stuckensmidt II - Crew Training 200, Fleet Maneuver 215 - CA Ulan Bator
Captain Forgiven - Crew Training 150, Fleet Maneuver 179, Terraforming 15%, Intelligence Bonus 15%, Logistics Bonus 20% - CA Uganda
Captain Aleksandr T. Rurikovich - Crew Training 100, Fleet Maneuver 170, Mining 20%, Logistics 15% - CA Ulan

Based on the crew training comments, I think it's either Velko or Adamus. I'm actually excluded because I'm on a carrier, which doesn't have missiles, but Stuckenschmidt isn't.