The Paradoxian Federation – Aurora Forum Game II, run by Rendap.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2064 Part 1.

7/1 - SS Abel Tasman completes survey of Ross 47 finding 2 new JP and this little gem:
Ross 47-A VII - Moon 3
Corundium 2,030,625 Acc: 1
11/1 - Our last Civilian Yard have now been expanded, so no new shipyard expansion is planned.
16/1 - Lord Isaac Strange loves Plasma. A lot. So much that he's been increasing the size of our Railgruns to 15 cm so he can shoot more!
17/1 - Commodore Culise in SS Yuri Gagarin completes partial survey of 40 Eridani. Since there is a fair bit of way to the secondary components, only 2 new JP is found.
23/2 - JCS Connector completes the Jump Gate connection in Gliese 54 allowing TF1 to return home. Next system to be linked is V577 Monoceri to open up another world for terraforming.
25/2 - SS Henry Hudson completes survey of Heintz 299. 4 new JP's and the following Mineral highlights:
Heintz 299-A II
Duranium 90,316,800 Acc: 0.1
Corbomite 451,584 Acc: 0.1
Boronide 28,224 Acc: 0.1
Mercassium 3,415,104 Acc: 1
Vendarite 3,111,696 Acc: 0.1
Sorium 17,640,000 Acc: 0.1
Uridium 58,430,740 Acc: 0.7
Corundium 25,401,600 Acc: 0.4
Gallicite 40,755,460 Acc: 0.1

Heintz 299-B II
Corbomite 291,600 Acc: 0.2
Mercassium 842,724 Acc: 0.6
Vendarite 1,542,564 Acc: 0.1
Sorium 4,210,704 Acc: 0.9
Gallicite 3,779,136 Acc: 0.4

11/3 - Polar Mongoose have increased Research Bonus to 60%.
Commodore Lord Blekinge have increased Fleet Maneuver to 451.

30/3 - Fleet Intelligence have intercepted the following letter:

To Colonel Trespoe, Gliese 408-II Archaeological Dig.

Greetings old friend!

I hope that everything is fine and well among the ruins in Gliese 408! Although I have no idea what you find so interesting about those in companison with the excitement of Survey Command, I am certain that you are as energetic as you've always have been.

In your last letter you keep telling me to come visit you even though I am certain I would never be granted a long enough leave to do so. Let me therefore respond in kind and suggest that you come and visit me in the Eta Cassiopeiae Sytem. You could join me in the Survey mission of this wonderfull system!

Or of course, if you can't get leave or get bored, I can always drop you off on the B III component so you can have a look at the Destroyed Outpost we have just spotted there!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Harry

SS Francisco Pizarro strikes Ruins!

2/4 - 8 Engineer Brigades trained on Earth and is transferred to Gliese 1 for another go at the ruins there!

17/4 - Another Old Captain has decided to retire. And therefore Vice Admiral Boris ze Spider II will need a new Flag Captain as Captain Pyotr Taiisatai Rurikovich retires at age 64.
Taii - New Avatar and role?

22/5 - SS Abel Tasman and SS Sir Walther Raleigh are dispatched to Ross 47 JP2 and 3.
30/5 - SS Abel Tasman arrives in EG 45. 6 Rocky, 2 Gas, 42 Moons and 203 Asteroids. No Colonization targets.
SS Sir Walter Raleigh arrives in Wolf 294. 4 Rocky, 2 Gas, 38 Moons and 300 Asteroids. 1 0,91 cost Colonization target, so likely a dead scout.
2/6 - Commodore Lord Blekinge have increased Fleet Maneuver to 454.
Sol Asteroid 14 have been emptied of minerals and the 100 Automated Mines are transferred to Ross 248 Comet 12.
17/6 - Captain Forgiven improves Fleet Maneuver to 179.
21/6 - SS Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld completes survey of Kapteyns Star. Another huge Gallicite Deposit and 1 new JP discovered.
28/6 - Commodore GaiusC improves Fleet Maneuver to 590.

Second Half to follow tomorrow.

more ruins? you find a surprising amount in this game. I found some, and never got anything good out of them. (I got some free Bio tech, but nothing weapon or sensor related.)

My game is currently broken due to "ERROR IN CHECK FOR RUINS"

I'm thinking of using SM mode to delete the planets that have ruins on them.

My game is currently broken due to "ERROR IN CHECK FOR RUINS"

I'm thinking of using SM mode to delete the planets that have ruins on them.

I get that all the time from combat. Every missile or beam strike pops an error message. It seems someone else had the same problem and restarted. I cannot find a fix for it. I suspect in my case it was because I had to re-install the game after I switched to windows7. I did the last few install packets and didn't get some folders you need (planets, flags, aliens for example) and had to install those later. I was also missing an important file that I had to install a different program to get the file.

I get that all the time from combat. Every missile or beam strike pops an error message. It seems someone else had the same problem and restarted. I cannot find a fix for it. I suspect in my case it was because I had to re-install the game after I switched to windows7. I did the last few install packets and didn't get some folders you need (planets, flags, aliens for example) and had to install those later. I was also missing an important file that I had to install a different program to get the file.

Well my 5.53 used to work, but now it doesn't. Mind you my whole computer isn't working properly right now.

Retirement? Blast...

I'd like to rejoin the navy as Aleksandr T. Rurikovich, please. Give me a role in something interesting that'll see plenty of combat, preferably not a fighter. The family doesn't like to ask for demotions, after all, and compared to a Carrier command a Fighter is the lowest of the low! Except for maybe a freighter... useless things...

@ Reis - It is here somewhere. I'm certain it is.....

@ Trespoe - I generally find lots of ruins in my games, but they are the "small" ones with >20 installations. I've never hit gold like Blue Emu did in Ad Astra.

@ Vain - :( - At least my 5.53 still works.

@ Taii - Your application to join Survey Command have been received and will be processed. You will be informed of the decision shortly.

Also, please note that the administration will be taking a break today due to Football Manager Multiplayer issues. We will be back again tomorrow.

Rendap, have you gotten any tech (or tech points) yet from salvaging wrecks or exploring ruins? I don't seem to recall reading anything about that in your updates ..

Rendap, have you gotten any tech (or tech points) yet from salvaging wrecks or exploring ruins? I don't seem to recall reading anything about that in your updates ..

None yet. Still need to build salvagers and not much from the installations we've worked so far.

My latest modular ship design test:

FourMod.jpg

Four modules all daisy-chained together into a single ship grossing 53,000 tons... and moving at 85,180 kps.

That's over 0.28c

My latest modular ship design test:

FourMod.jpg

Four modules all daisy-chained together into a single ship grossing 53,000 tons... and moving at 85,180 kps.

That's over 0.28c

You ARE insane!

The Administration approves, but will not use this. Starting next engine generation, I will start experimenting with true HD's instead.... :)

Starting next engine generation, I will start experimenting with true HD's instead.... :)

How compact are your Hyperdrive engines? I've got mine down to x1.3, and I'm working on x1.2

EDIT: I like to perform my really dodgy tests while in Hyperdrive... that way, if anything goes wrong, all the wreckage will end up in someone else's solar system.

How compact are your Hyperdrive engines? I've got mine down to x1.3, and I'm working on x1.2

EDIT: I like to perform my really dodgy tests while in Hyperdrive... that way, if anything goes wrong, all the wreckage will end up in someone else's solar system.

Short Answer: It Stinks!

But that can be changed and I don't expect that it will be the first engines designed that will be the HD ones. Want to get it to at least 1,5 before starting.

Survey command? But I... what?

Scout ships see plenty of combat... errr... as an organization, I mean. Each individual scout ship usually only participates in ONE combat...

Scout ships see plenty of combat... errr... as an organization, I mean. Each individual scout ship usually only participates in ONE combat...

Perhaps I should have specified that I prefer a position where suicide is not an eventuality!

I bet this is just Rendap's revenge for giving him such long character names to type out. :(

Just demand a scout-ship that can out-run Prix missiles. They move at about 68,000 kps, so any ship faster than that just laughs at them.

Like this:

Eyeball.jpg

... a 4,500-ton Recce Frigate that moves at 143,770 kps, nearly half the speed of light. That's more than twice as fast as the fastest Prix missile I've ever encountered. Note the ETA: 3.11 billion km in less than six hours.

:wacko: Does the game model relativity?

:wacko: Does the game model relativity?

Aurora doesn't... but he's already working on a new game called "Newtonian Aurora", which uses accurate physics. Payload, acceleration, mass, velocity, delta-v, etc.

... by the way, that ship pictured above isn't just built for speed. It could move a lot faster if it wasn't carrying 1,600 tons of sensor gear.