The Paradoxian Federation – Aurora Forum Game II, run by Rendap.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
22/7 - Vice Admiral Reis91 improves Operations Bonus to 40%.
17/8 - 100k tons of Neutronium (0,4) found on Io. Geologists transferred to Europa
22/10 - Our new Delta 300/15 shields are finished. Serapis design have been upgraded with the new shields for better defence. Our defence contractors are sent back to upgrade something.
22/11 - No More Boronide on Earth to be mined. Mercassium will be mined out in just over 2 years and Corundium will take app. 4 years more.
17/12 - CV Yellow Raven launched at Earth. Blue Emu II appointed Captain.
8 F2 Lucifers embarked CV Blue Emu assigned squadron 32, Silver Lobos. The F2 Lucifer 001 among them is commander by Commander Devin Perry.
No new construction commence.
27/12 - All Destroyers have now been refitted. No new constructions commenced here either, but 3-6 additional destroyers are prioritized when Duranium is available again.

Thus Endeth 2048 with new constructions and Duranium still a problem. It should be better soon as our constructions finished.

The Priorities for now will be 3-6 Destroyers and then upgrading our Freighters to throw mines around faster. After that, additional mines will be prioritized. First, changing 100 of our current mines to Automatic for distribution.

last_king2.jpg

"CREW OF CA UGANDA!!

I`ve bought this shiny new Uniform to impress you simpleminded folk and because it raises my self-esteem. Here in my hand is the bill for it, and I tell you that 500 bucks are not too much for a decent enlargement of my...ego. But enough of that. We have a job to do, a Universe to conquer and aliens to BBQ.

Oh, and if someone wonders about the guys with the hatchets. They belong to my 24 new assigned lictors."

Since I've missed a few days, I'll put in an additional year tonight.

2049:

27/1: PNN BREAKING NEWS - We are now transmitting live from Fleet HQ for the last address from Vice Admiral Reis91
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Federation. I stand before you today humbled by our progress. Over the last 25 years we have moved from a race which was bound on our planet to now starting to span the stars. We have Spaceships and Spacefighters and have begun colonizing the Galaxy. We have also found enemies which needs to be fought to maintain our way of life. However, this is the task for younger men and women. As our Navy are being built and planned, it is time for the older generation to step down and let the youngsters move ahead. I have therefore today submitted my resignation to the Govenor and will retire from the navy to enjoy my last years in peace as a colonist on Alpha Centauri B-IV. I would like to thank my staff for their support and the Govenor and Council for entrusting the Navy in my care for the last many years. Good Luck to all in the future.
Vice Admiral Reis91 (ret.) retires at age 66 and will be leaving Earth on the Sharp Victoria 011 upon it's return. We'll be back, after these messages.

Reis - New councilor?

2/2 - Commodore Boris ze Spider II promoted Rear Admiral.
7/2 - The Administration have looked at the candidates for Fleet Commander and have made it's decision among the available personel. It is with Pleasure that I can announce the promotion and appointment of Vice Admiral OrangeYoshi to Fleet Commander.
100k tons of Sorium (0,8) found on Europa. Geologists transferred to Ganymede.
12/2 - Commodore Adamus promoted Rear Admiral.
Ground Unit Strenght 16 researched. New project initialized.
7/3 - 8 more F2 Lucifers completed and assigned to CV Blue Emu as the 34st Squadron "Swordsmen". F2 Lucifer 009 is commanded by Commander Vainglory II.
16/4 - Our Thermal Sensors have been improved to sensitivity 14. 2 new designs pending tests.
26/4 - A new TH1-11 (50%) sensor has been designed. 1 more to go for this level.
27/4 - JCS Connector returns to Earth. We now have a direct link to the Kox and can investigate as needed.
2/5 - Commodore GaiusC improves Fleet Maneuver to 400.
22/5 - Commander Vainglory II promoted Captain.
27/5 - Captain Kingepyon promoted Commodore.
2/6 - And the new TH4-56 (50%) sensor is ready for use. Our sensor techs have been asked to go research something.
12/6 - 35st Fighter Squadron "Fighting Gamecocks" formed and embarked on CV Yellow Raven.

2/7 - Lord Isaac Strange have managed to improve our Ordnance Production yet again. We are now double our initial levels. As a reward, he'll get some more explosives to play with.
12/7 - Captain Kiwi improves Fleet Movement to 212.
17/7 - The 3 new Cruisers CA Ukraine, CA Ulan and CA Ulan Bator completed on Earth. Our Duranium can now be used to design a new Civilian Freighter. Since our current Freighters are using Nuclear Thermal Engines, it will be a major upgrade. Here is the winning design, which is upgrading armor and engines only:
------
Talron II class Freighter 38,700 tons 329 Crew 801.6 BP TCS 774 TH 2200 EM 0
2842 km/s Armour 1-101 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
MSP 13 Max Repair 55 MSP
Cargo 25000 Cargo Handling Multiplier 10

Magneto-plasma Drive E0.72 (10) Power 220 Fuel Use 7.2% Signature 220 Armour 0 Exp 2%
Fuel Capacity 150,000 Litres Range 96.9 billion km (394 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
------
400 tons lighter than the current design and 4 times as fast. Retooling of our civilian yeards commence and 20 additional freighters will be commissioned as well as our current which will be rebuilt.
3 New Destroyers are also ordered.
17/8 - SCL Francis Bacon recalled from Lacaile 9352 for overhaul. SCL FRederick Douglas takes over the post.
28/8 - 36th Fighter Squadron "Tophatters" assembled and embarked CV Yellow Raven.
6/9 - Captain Blue Emu II improves Fleet Maneuver to 162.
11/9 - Polar Mongoose have improved our mining outpur once again. Each mine now produces 20 tons per year before leader bonusses. He's sent back to improve other things.
7/10 - Our Third Carrier commissioned. Captain Kiwi commanding the CV Green Parrot.
17/10 - Captain Stuckensmidt improves Crew Training to 100.
12/11 - First 2 Talron Class freighters enter the shipyards for refit.
22/11 - 37th Fighter Squadron "Headhunter" assembled and embarked CV Green Parrot.
2/12 - 4 additional Talrons begin refit.
12/12 - Joebthegreat II has improved our Fuel Efficiency to 0,5. He'll go back and play with efficiency.
22/12 - Captain Blue Emu II improves Deck Crew Bonus to 25%.

Another Year gone by - If we get ordnance enough, we should be able to attempt a SKPM (Space Koala Punishment Mission) soon (with 1-2 years). All our initial Naval Ships are assembled and undergoing task force training.

17/12 - CV Yellow Raven launched at Earth. Blue Emu II appointed Captain.

:D Tremble in fear, evil Space Koalas!

I had a Koala puppet once and it creeped me out.

That's why we're killing them.

@ Vain - Pick a color instead and you got it... :D

@ Taii - Not just a Carrier - It's the current Fleet Flagship with Vice Admiral OrangeYoshi and the rest of his Staff, including Rear Admiral Randakar, embarked.

@ Reis - Captain Reis91 II assigned CA Ukraine. Crew Training 75, Fleet Maneuver 205, Survey 15%.

Also, since I forgot it yesterday:

Rear Admiral Boris ze Spider II assigned CA Ulan Bator
Captain Onbekende assigned CA Ulan

2050:

2/1 - Captain Velko impproves Fleet Maneuver to 359.
7/1 - The last civilian yard have been retooled and the 7th freighter enters refit.
27/1 - Captain Blue Emu III improves Deck Crew Bonus to 30%.
17/2 - The 38th Fighter Squadron "Fighting Thirty-Eights" assembled and embarked CV Green Parrot. All Carriers now have full bays.
Our Navy is practically ready, but I will keep them in training for now and then overhaul them. I hope to get at least 3 more AM destroyers to deploy with them.
7/3 - Our Duranium Reserve is now being restocked fairly fast, so I can now reveal the designers latest brainchild:
------
Nitzhon class Fleet Scout 5,000 tons 338 Crew 1012 BP TCS 100 TH 704 EM 450
7040 km/s Armour 8-26 Shields 15-300 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 2 PPV 0
Maint Life 5.55 Years MSP 1253 AFR 100% IFR 1.4% 1YR 68 5YR 1027 Max Repair 252 MSP

Magneto-plasma Drive E7.2 (8) Power 88 Fuel Use 72% Signature 88 Armour 0 Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres Range 125.0 billion km (205 days at full power)
Delta R300/15 Shields (6) Total Fuel Cost 90 Litres per day

Active Search Sensor MR303-R120 (1) GPS 30240 Range 303.7m km Resolution 120

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
------
This is basically a flying sensor with 8 levels of Armor and 6 Shields. This will provide long range sensor watch against ships and will deploy along our navy. Until these are built the role will be covered by the SCL Folgore Class. When these have been deployed. the Folgores will be phased out of the navy or rebuilt into something else.
17/3 - Joebthegreat II have improved our engine efficiency. It can now be 5% more efficient by reducing output with 2,5%. He's next tasked with designing a Reactor to power Energy Weapons.
7/4 - Joebthegreat II have designed a Stellarator Fusion Reactor PB 1.15. For now this will be the basis of our Energy Weapon designs when we start them. Joebthegreat II returns to the labs and we are eagerly anticipating what he comes up with next.
12/5 - Captain Pyotr Taiisatai Rurikovich improves Deck Crew Bonus to 20%.
27/6 - The first 2 Freighters have been refitted on Earth.

17/7 - 4 more Freighters refitted. Last old enters refit and 3 new ones commences.
22/8 - 1 more Freighter refitted. 1 more starts construction.
3 new Destroyers completed. This completes our navy's current construction of warships.
12/9 - Our logistical experts have completed Company Drop Modules.
17/9 - Captain Blue Emu II improves Crew Training to 50.
27/9 - Captain Blue Emu II improves Deck Crew Conus to 35%.
12/10 - Joebthegreat II have modified our old Ion Engines to Drone Size for extra power. He's sent back to research something else.
22/10 - Our Sensor people have succeded in improving our Geological Sensors. They have decided to call the new version for "Improved Geological Sensor". I think I need to get the creative people around here to have a chat with them. Our upgraded Survey ships can therefore be built now:
------
Santana II class Survey Ship 5,000 tons 448 Crew 969.4 BP TCS 100 TH 704 EM 240
7040 km/s JR 3-50 Armour 1-26 Shields 8-300 Sensors 1/1/1/2 Damage Control Rating 2 PPV 0
Maint Life 5.16 Years MSP 1242 AFR 100% IFR 1.4% 1YR 78 5YR 1166 Max Repair 156 MSP

J5000(3-50) Military Jump Drive Max Ship Size 5000 tons Distance 50k km Squadron Size 3
Magneto-plasma Drive E7.2 (8) Power 88 Fuel Use 72% Signature 88 Armour 0 Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 400,000 Litres Range 200.0 billion km (328 days at full power)
Delta R300/15 Shields (3) Total Fuel Cost 45 Litres per day

Gravitational Survey Sensors (1) 1 Survey Points Per Hour
Improved Geological Sensors (1) 2 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
------
Retooling are ongoing.

12/11 - Captain Blue Emu II promoted Commodore.
22/11 - Terraforming on Mars has been completed and the atmosphere is now fully breathable with a temprature of 17,8 degrees celcius. The Colomy Cost is from now on 0 and 12300 infrastructure can be used elsewhere. The terraforming installations will be transferred to Alpha Centauri as Freighters become available.
22/12 - Polar Mongoose have completed Construction Rate 16BP project improving our factories. He's sent back to start working on a long term project.

Thus Endth 2050 - Our Duranium levels are improving fast and we should soon be able to start producing/rebuilding more mines. Our minerals on Earth will run out in app. 1 year, so we have 600 mines to start from. The current plan is transferring 100 more to Mars, 200 to our colony in Alpha Centauri and convert the rest for destribution throughout Sol and AC. 100 of these converted mines I intend to place on Luna to exhaust the Duranium and Neutronium there faster. Lune also has a 60% Mining Bonus Administrator. Additional Mass Drives will be planned as well.

@ Vain - Pick a color instead and you got it... :D

@ Taii - Not just a Carrier - It's the current Fleet Flagship with Vice Admiral OrangeYoshi and the rest of his Staff, including Rear Admiral Randakar, embarked.

With Reis in retirement I am one of the most senior officers in this fleet now, ain't I?
Very good. Very, very, good. *evil cackle*.

Also, Lt. Ook has let it be known he wants to fly a fighter. He has done so by taking a random fighter pilot on the carrier and showing him the benefits of a career in banana-hauling, apparently. For some reason, I feel disinclined to challenge this..

Is it me or is the rate of attrition of our naval officers incredibly high?

In other news, MOAR EXPLOISIVES NEEDED for my research.

@ Vain - Grey Galah is fully acceptable in our "Colored Bird" class carriers.

@ Randy - You are currently Senior Rear Admiral. However, the chance of your promotion to Vice Admiral is slim. Of our 5 Rear Admirals, both Boris, Adamus and 2 NPC's are more likely to be promoted than you. The Rear Admiral Promotion Scores is at the moment: Boris - 2339, NPC - 2242, NPC - 2224, Adamus - 2128, Randy - 1495. Just to add more points, there are 4 Commodores with higher Promotion Scores.

And there is no problems in Lt. Ook piloting a fighter. Devin/Vain - You can discuss among yourselves who want Lt. Ook in their squadron.

@ LS - The attrition is not that bad from my experience. There's been some deaths, yes - But no more than I'm seeing in my other games.

Furthermore, additional explosives are en route to your labs. We expect a larger explosion this time. Noone really need that Island anyway.

There never was an island. There was always an undersea crater.