• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Fürstbischof

Any chance of getting a mirror? I stupidly deleted my Victoria I without checking to see if I had your fix backed up and the filefactory download seems to be permanently on 'server overload'. I've tried four times now at different times to grab it without success.

@Fürstbischof

Any chance of getting a mirror? I stupidly deleted my Victoria I without checking to see if I had your fix backed up and the filefactory download seems to be permanently on 'server overload'. I've tried four times now at different times to grab it without success.
I'm lucky, because that link was still working for me few days ago when I downloaded VIP for the first time.
You can download the mod from my backup. I hope that @Fürstbischof doesn't mind. I like to have backups of forgotten mods for classic games :)
Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H1LUHGdWVy3EjclH00-ppysW_FeJqOLY?usp=sharing

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Victor1234
@Inquerion
The download link from filefactory is still active. The last download was just 10 hours ago.

Whatever might have been your problem in October, it was probably just a server-related problem of filefactory... :(

Reactions:
I like to have backups of forgotten mods for classic games :)
Yep, I do the same. Well, ok, I also needed the hard lesson of a hdd crash. :(

Today I'm relying on several hdds... ;)

Reactions:
Update

Last week, when we had no internet connection for several days, I got bored and decided to fix something which had been bothering me ever since. In Ricky, the tag SLV is used for Slovakia and the tag SLO is used for Slovenia, while in AOD it's the other way around. That causes the occasional hiccup while working on unitnames. Both nations don't play a major part in this era or in the mod, so that could be quickly done. In doing so I could also fix a funny bug which forced Austria to release Tokugawa instead of, at least what I thought most appropriate, Bosnia. To my great surprise, the party files didn't need a change because they had been swapped!

Work on translating the last missing texts has commenced. I've reviewed 113 of the last 160 event files for hidden english text fragments. I haven't counted yet, but there were very few untranslated texts - less than 30? The still missing files will surely have more text, since its sub_directory is named "VIP_flavor".

There will probably no update this year, simply because there are several competing tasks. I also haven't decided yet whether to add an expanded unitnames.csv file, which would include revised division names for most of the playable nations.

• 4Like
Reactions:
when I went to war with denmark over north schleswig, I got an event that basically forced me to make peace with them. the description said that schleswig and holstein will get released, I thought okay bro and clicked on it. however, denmark just annexed holstein and took back schleswig as a puppet (I annexed them after occupying them). was this my mistake by annexing them or what is the issue here, or is this wanted?

when I went to war with denmark over north schleswig, I got an event that basically forced me to make peace with them. the description said that schleswig and holstein will get released, I thought okay bro and clicked on it. however, denmark just annexed holstein and took back schleswig as a puppet (I annexed them after occupying them). was this my mistake by annexing them or what is the issue here, or is this wanted?
Keep in mind, that there have been TWO wars over Schleswig-Holstein. Important events like these are heavily scripted to achieve the historical outcome. You won't get the provinces in the first war, but you'll get another chance in 1864. Just be patient...;)

Keep in mind, that there have been TWO wars over Schleswig-Holstein. Important events like these are heavily scripted to achieve the historical outcome. You won't get the provinces in the first war, but you'll get another chance in 1864. Just be patient...;)
ahh, I forgot about that, I just thought the event fired early. many thanks